Windows 7 error code help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanGSams

[H]ard|Gawd
I am trying to install Windows 7 via ISO and when i try to activate it via toshiba-xrm.ms file (its a Toshiba Laptop previously running vista). I updated the BIOS so it would have SLIC 2.1 on it.

This is the error:
"On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xbba' to display the error text."

I have looked for what it means but to no avail.

I have a slight idea it might be a corrupt ISO file i put on but is there anything else besides that, that would prevent me from activating it? I know i should be checking to see if its corrupt first but i want to know if there is anything else i could try if the ISO doesn't come out corrupt.

Thanks in advance.

Did you run

Code:
slui.exe 0x2a 0xbba

It's probably the oddest activation message I've ever seen, but the result is:

(X) An Error has occurred

Code:
0x00000BBA

Description:
The spool file was not found

yea i actually did run that and i believe the activation screen popped up.

What does "The spool file was not found" mean?

Sorry for the noobish question...

The spool file is a component of printing, which is why I say it's an odd error to have when you're trying to activate. Did you use some sort of program like nLite to strip out components of Win7 to make it smaller? If so, you probably stripped out too much. If not -- check to make sure the spooler service is running without errors.

I don't know why it would need the spooler to authenticate, but thats the error that it displays. You get an activation dialog, but if you hit the link for more information, it gives you the full error.

Well i did a checksum on the .iso and it can back fine, the SHA-1 matches the one I found in another thread that Bahamut posted.

336779ea6b65f63e11a609b4d021439c47ab315b en_windows_7_home_premium_x64_dvd_x15-65733.iso

I just reinstalled the Windows 7 iso I checked and it gave me that same error.

I haven't used a product key yet. I got the .ms file from Joe Average on here.

Maybe we should back up a bit -- what process are you following to use this file? I did some quick reading on what you're trying to do, and when you install the OS, I believe you're supposed to use the Toshiba product key, then you can activate it through the command line with the certificate that you've got.

You might want to close this thread and start a new one over in the OS forum. You'll get a lot more people looking at your thread over there. Make sure you post the process you're trying to follow in the message, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back