Logitech G930 (PC) Wireless Headset works with Consoles

Tricky2ufellow

Limp Gawd
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/Get-your-G930-to-work-on-and-with-Xbox-360-and-PS3/td-p/518631

||MacGyverII did this post a how to for XBOX 360, not so much about the PS3. Here's how I got my PS3 (-minus a working mic) with the Logitech G930 Headset.

1. From the PS3 audio out to the line-in (or digital optical in) of your existing sound card of your PC.

I have the X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro!
51JXLrG4elL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

Because I use the PS3 Surround Sound System also for the PS3/TV-Monitor for Optical Sound.
3167-P2E8NL._AA300_.jpg

If you have up to 3 Output Speakers sources, this 3-way Optical Switch makes it easy!
PS3 to IN/OUT of Switch
#1 selector switch position to (digital optical in) of your existing sound card of your PC.
#2 selector switch position to (digital optical in) of PS3 Surround Sound System, input Digital.
31%2BrIcrfjgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-28734-Explorer-Selector/dp/B0002OF2FC/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_a

2. Windows Under Control Panel> Sound> Speakers Logitech G930 Headset, make Default Device> Recording Tab, Digital-In make Default Device> Properties> Listen, check mark "Listen to this divice", Playback choose Logitech G930 Headset. You may need to adjust volume in tab "Levels" on your line in to filter out some of the sound.

3. PS3 go to Settings> Sound Settings> Audio Output Settings> Optical Digital> UNCHECK "Dolby Digital 5.1 CH. & DTS 5.1 CH. & ACC" only CHECK all "Linear PCM's".

You should now hear the PS3 from the Logitech G930 Wireless Headset!
41OC1nelBcL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not just by a Turtle Beach X series headset? They already work on both 360/PC and have wired/wireless models. Simple connections, nothing fancy. Of is this setup allowing you to basically toggle the sound between say your console and pc? If so, thats pretty cool I guess.

But no mic and you need to have a PC running.

This is really for the Logitech G930 people out there, been asking for the PS3 how to. Mac Gyver only fully explained XBOX and workin Mic.

Of is this setup allowing you to basically toggle the sound between say your console and pc? If so, thats pretty cool I guess.

I can do several things audio wise:

That Optical switch I can toggle between G930 Headset w/PS3 sound or Sony PS3 Soundbar in Digital.
**I also us the Sony PS3 Soundbar in Analog mode I can hear audio from the built in TV tuner from my 27" LG Monitor/TV or my other Silver PC running HAVA wireless from my Direct TV Satellite Box.**

Which by the way, My Eyefinity PC has the Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System going to my X-Fi Optical Out. I can also hear the PS3 on my Z-5500's at the same time it's running to the G930 Headphones sound from the PS3...a little bonus there!

TrickyRoom-2.jpg

pretty sure any bluetooth one will, i use an old bluetooth for a cell phone, works good, haha!

Back