Displayport to DVI-D adapter for 120hz

sadbuttrue

Gawd
Will any active adapter that claims support for 2560x1600 work at 1680x1050@120hz or 1920x1080@120hz? Technically the bandwidth requirement is fine, but can they run at 120hz?

i read the apple can do 120hz
most pseudo-dual-link adapters can't

This + 1

Although owning 4 (currently) of these apple adapters, I know how shitty they are. I returned 2 and I have one sitting in a box that blinks terribly. I'm using 3 that don't really work too well. I have to turn the adapters on in a specific order to get my displays to show. Kinda sucks.

The belkin ones blink too...just a display port issue...but we also run high resolutions, never had an issue w. Single link adapters though

The belkin ones blink too...just a display port issue...but we also run high resolutions, never had an issue w. Single link adapters though

They do, but when buying another adapter fixes the other adapter, obviously there's some quality control issues.

EDIT: Also the apple adapter is the only adapter that can do 120Hz. Which sucks for the above user.

So the apple or a few other expensive adapters are the only option? I was hoping for something cheap to use with my existing monitors, oh well :(

I used a Dell dual link DVI adapter and it ran my AW2310 @ 120hz on an ATI card.

Edit: here's the invoice description "Dell - DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter for OptiPlex / Latitude / Alienware Laptops / Precision/ Precision Mobile Workstations"

I used a Dell dual link DVI adapter and it ran my AW2310 @ 120hz on an ATI card.

Edit: here's the invoice description "Dell - DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI Adapter for OptiPlex / Latitude / Alienware Laptops / Precision/ Precision Mobile Workstations"

When I do a search for those terms I get a lot of "Dual Link DVI" adapters, but the reviews all say not Dual Link.

Vega directed me to this one : http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-007B-DisplayPort-Dual-Link-Adapter/dp/B00856WJH8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363618044&sr=8-1&keywords=3d+accell+dp&tag=hardfocom-20

I picked it up and I can confirm it does work at 120Hz on my sig setup. It was Flakey to get going though. First make to get it to work at > 60Hz I had to install a USB 3.0 PCI-E Adapter card just for it. I believe this is because the power it draws is near the max of the USB spec for 120Hz operation. Alternatively a powered USB hub just pushing that device.

Second I had to run mine at 100 then 110 then 120hz the first time to get it to go properly. Once it started working though I was able to do a whole game session at 120hz without a problem (about 3 hours) - left it on overnight and was still at 120hz on the desktop.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why can't they just have a 3 DVI Edition GTX Titan? I've heard horror stories from Eyefinity users for years and now Nvidia has to deal with it :(

Back