GTA: San Andreas Windows 7 problem

antok86

[H]F Junkie
anyone using windows 7 64bit successfully play gta san andreas? i get the game to play and start but i dont have any use of the mouse. thanks

Right click gta_sa.exe, click properties, click Compatibilty tab, choose Windows 98/Me, then click apply then ok, then delete the gta_sa.set file located in (Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)

Quoted the above for the .set file location, but don't use 98 compatibility:

Mouse won't respond.
Fix -> Run game in Windows XP SP2 compatibility and then delete ".set" file. Alternatively, go into Task Manager and you should see more than one "gta_sa.exe" process!!! Close 'em down and relaunch San Andreas. Note that Alt-tabbing in/out will not work, as once you load up your save file - the game will crash and your mouse will begin to not respond as soon as the interior loads.

CJ cannot jump.
Fix -> Don't use 98 compatibility. Use XP SP2 when on Vista. You'll also have to delete ".set" file. EDIT: For those who are having issues with jumping after setting San Andreas in 98 compatibility mode, it is because "LSHIFT" is not a known key. The fix is to go into Controller Setup and change "LSHIFT" to "SHIFT" by simply pressing the SHIFT key.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=307992

Back