NGP price leak (not confirmed)

Although it's not confirmed yet, my guess was going to be that it'd cost $299.99.

If it is almost as good as a PS3, with the media addons and things it would make it in almost direct competition with the 'tablets'. $300 would make it pretty competitive.

they always putting the date either the end of the year or early in the year when they are uncertain.

therefore its pretty much crap..

My first guess was 399.99
at 300 Im sold no questions asked.

What if everything you can do on the NGP can be done on cell phones, and cheaper too? Not to forget, homebrew is something you automatically get on smart phones. Plus, 24/7 internet connection means wireless online gaming on the go.

300 is not a bad price at all. I'm surprised - they could have sold it for more.

if thats the real street date then so much for claims of being available for holiday. Last i checked xmas was dec 25th

What if everything you can do on the NGP can be done on cell phones, and cheaper too? Not to forget, homebrew is something you automatically get on smart phones. Plus, 24/7 internet connection means wireless online gaming on the go.

i think i'm more sold on dual analog sticks...

i wouldn't trust the price or the date. I think both are just place holders so they can start taking preorders. The date for sure looks like a place holder anyway. Just remember, gamestop DOES NOT OFFER preorder price guarantee.

I really hope the price isn't just a placeholder. That's my max budget for this handheld.

300 is not a bad price at all. I'm surprised - they could have sold it for more.

I think the titanic failure of the PSPGo shows they might have trouble moving these for $300. It looks like a great device, I am just worried the price is too high for mass adoption.

Gamestop has a long, long history of just making shit up. Soon as they hear that a product is going to be made, they slap a release date, price and a pre-order on it even if the company making the product hadn't even made those decisions yet. They do this because all that money they collect on pre-orders generates interest, and they get to keep the interest.

Who still has their DNF pre-order?

It'll be a day one for me, price is irrelevant. I just hope there is no ghosting on the screen and the batteries last longer than an hour.

I think the titanic failure of the PSPGo shows they might have trouble moving these for $300. It looks like a great device, I am just worried the price is too high for mass adoption.

I don't think they can be compared. Sony dropped a hug bollock with the PSPGo, it was never gonna sell well at it's orignal price as a smaller PSP there was little to no incentive for current users and the price was too high for new users for what was essentially an old machine.

This is an entirely different beast, there is no previous revision and it looks to be pretty much a portable PS3 from reports, something that can be docked to use as a home console and then take away on the move.

if thats the real street date then so much for claims of being available for holiday. Last i checked xmas was dec 25th

Theres a rule of thumb when it comes to release dates. On Gamestop services, if it says 01/01/ something of the next year, it means that it is not a confirmed street date, also, if they knew the exact release date, it would have said something like Sony PSP NGP SD 01/01/12. The SD stands for Street Date meaning a confirmed date with the publisher or manufacturer. So 01/01/12 is just a date that was thrown out there because they do not know.

Sony has not officially told anyone its release date but they hope for it to be a holiday release at end of this year, so GS is just doing what they can for the time being. Its the same with Diablo 3, up until a month ago, the release date was set to 01/01/12, its changed to 09/15/11 but still does not have an official SD, so these dates can change at a moments notice.

I think it's going to be a tough sell. Sony is notorious for high priced consoles at launch, rather than a competitive price point. Regardless of if it's a value for what you're getting, it's still $300 for a hand held, compared to $300 for a console. People will look at it like that.

A little high, but for what you are getting hardware wise... I don't know if it was confirmed or not about being able to start the game on your ps3, move it to your NGP, and then back to the ps3. If it is, that would be wonderful.

This really isn't the correct price or street date, of course. Remember, Sony was planning on two different SKUs, one WiFi only and one with 3G.

It's not unusual to add a "fake" sku in the system for big game releases and console releases so the stores can start registering preorders before the real sku(s) are ready.

In this case the price may be in the right ballpark but the release date is guaranteed bogus.

there should be a rule on [H] against posting gamestop release dates/prices.
as usual, this is bullshit, so they can start taking your money for pre-orders, to invest it into interest for their gain.

the hardware is not finalized, sony doesnt even know the price yet. ignore gamestop, PLEASE. for your health.

I call shenanigans, this is fake IMO, I called my local gamestop, and they said they do not have a price or a release date yet.

I think it's going to be a tough sell. Sony is notorious for high priced consoles at launch, rather than a competitive price point. Regardless of if it's a value for what you're getting, it's still $300 for a hand held, compared to $300 for a console. People will look at it like that.

That's exactly how I am looking at things. I've bought two XBox 360 consoles for the same amount of money. Or I could go and buy a PS3 with a much larger library of titles. I have my doubts it's really all that Sony's making it out to be.

The 3DS is going to sell like crazy at $249, $50 more for a machine that dwarves the 3DS is absolutely worth it. Matter of fact, I may buy a NGP at launch now if its $299.

I used to work for GameStop for multiple years, they do this as soon as they get word of a new console or accessory, the 1/1/12 is just a placeholder for their systems, makes it easier for when the price and other details are released. Any new game up for preorder but w/o a release date goes into the system automatically for Jan 1st of the following year or 12/31 of the current year. They just want to get the SKU in the system as soon as possible

I think it's going to be a tough sell. Sony is notorious for high priced consoles at launch, rather than a competitive price point. Regardless of if it's a value for what you're getting, it's still $300 for a brand new cutting age hand held, compared to $300 for an ancient five year old console. People will look at it like that.

Fixed.

I think that pricing is FAKE! 300$ for so much things? If that's the price then I'm in for two if not then damn. :(

Back