Dating Service Mined Facebook Photos

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you go to the dating service website called Lovely-Faces, some of the photos there may look a bit familiar. They should.... the photos used for the dating service startup were lifted directly from the pages of Facebook. Déjà vu Mr. Zuckerberg, déjà vu. :D

Ironically, the story of Facebook's genesis tells of its founder Mark Zuckerberg getting in trouble for hacking Harvard University computers while a student to get pictures of coeds for comparison with each other at a website called "Face Mash" that he created.

I wouldn't be surprised if FaceBook sold them to Lovely-Faces.:D

And more fad social site facebook copying of myspace once again, following the trend like I said many many times........ regurgitated fad news for social sites?

see here (cbsnews 2008 -- man's myspace picture stolen for scammer online dating sites :rolleyes: )

That's not suprising. Image theft?? on the internet? Reposting of images without permission or with watermarks cropped and your own watermark thrown on to make it look like your image? More cheesy-methods employed by cheesy-companies?

The only surprising part would be if it turned out that facebook did in fact sell the photos. That would be a twist. I wonder if somewhere in our fine print of facebook if it states that facebook is not responsible for image theft of images posted on facebook(Well, actually. I'm sure that one is there) but if that can go one step further to include theft-by-facebook.

Back