EVGA 570 vs EVGA 570 HD

ElementBilly

Limp Gawd
Im in the marcket for new video cards and have decided on getting two 570s as I use 3d vision. I saw that evga makes 2 versions, their normal and hd version.

From what I can tell the hd version adds display port, moves power cables to back of card and has fan centored instead of the back of card.

Will the centored fan cool any better or is their any advantages?

My cards will be stacked on top of each other if it maks a difference for the fans placment.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=012-P3-1571-AR&family=GeForce here is a link to the 570HD

Last edited:
Also has the KR warranty. 3 years upgradeable to 10
Posted via Mobile Device

The HD version is alot shorter in length and its quieter and cools slightly better. I would go HD :) I just got one myself. I will be returning my EVGA GTX 560 on monday...

Ah, I got a GTX570 normal :p
It's a bit large, and I will be modding my SG06 to fit it :)

The 570 HD has its power connectors at the end, compared to the regular one which has the power connectors at the side. It would effectively be as long as the regular one,

The regular GTX 570 is 10.5 inches long. The HD version is 9.5

Placing the 570 HD in a case that has 9.75" of clearence, how would you plug in the PCIe connectors? It's a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like the HD would exhaust the hot air very well, I'd pass on it to be honest and get the standard.

Doesn't look like the HD would exhaust the hot air very well, I'd pass on it to be honest and get the standard.

Here are some interesting [H] results on 100% vent vs partial recycle. Partial recycle has more airflow on the gfx card, but affects other components in the PC. My take is, if your PC has good airflow, it can be the better choice. If your PC has poor airflow, better to dump it out 100% vent.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/02/03/thermalright_shaman_gpu_cooler_review/4

edit: Oh, I see, the 570 HD blocks the external vents, where the 560Ti doesn't. Probably the regular version in this case ...

Last edited:
I would go reference card hands down due to the cooling solutions & the fact that you still need 2 of them to run 3 displays. It's a great accommodation to those with smaller cases as well.

Actually according to EVGA's web site (note: PDF file) the EVGA GTX 570 HD is 9 inches (23 cm) long, not 9.5 inches.

Just wanted to set the record straight since that extra half inch makes a big difference in some of the smaller cases out there, such as a Mini-ITX case like mine (Lian Li PC-Q11) which has 9.6" (24.5cm) of video card clearance. This means the GTX 580 HD will fit, although it will be thisclose. :)

Bumping this, about to buy either the HD or reference from EVGA, both are the same price, I know the differences (9inches vs 10.5inches, cooling style). I'm interested in what people are experiencing using the HD version after a few months in terms of temperatures in gaming (don't care about Furmark)? I found a few decent threads at eVGA but mostly speculation.

My case is an Antec P182B, I have one 120mm intake fan (lower drive cage, doesn't really supply air to the main chamber where GPU/CPU are), and two 120mm exhaust (one top, one rear) all are 1200rpm fixed speed Scythe fans.

I was going to get the HD as I heard it ran cooler, but I am not sure I have adequate air flow with my setup. I will likely put a mild OC on the card (10%) but will not change the voltage. The length of the card isn't a concern as the 280 it is replacing is also 10.5" and fits.

Back