watercooled sg05

cj3waker

2[H]4U
Ive been stoked on my mini itx rig but im ready to put it under water. Originally I was going to use sandy bridge but Im going to wait until the gigabyte p67 itx board and the 1155 server chips come out, which should be late february

sg05 450
dfi p55 t36
gtx 570
2x4gb mushkin 1333
ocz agility 120gb
I need an i5 750 - someone sell me one!!!

black ice sr1 120
(2) scythe GTs
fc 580
supreme LT
mcp 350
swiftech micro res

Here it was aircooled
28v4037.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to buy room for a thick rad in push/pull was difficult so I cut out the front and put in a grill to save some room
307ulo8.jpg

2v1lz6x.jpg

2qw23wz.jpg

But I still didnt have enough room so I took out the grill and am attaching the fan directly to the front bezel. it should allows for everything to fit and is a bit more sturdy that way
15nxatu.jpg

In the meantime I am moving the mobo over so the 570 can clear the sides of the rad.
My 570 will be single slot over water so I tapped some new standoff holes and tested the single slot and motherboard alignment with my 8800gt and everything seems good to go.
wcd575.jpg

28inh9y.jpg

Still waiting for memory and res to get in, and I still need a cpu!!! but I might start constructing the loop tomorrow. Just need to wait for the 2nd coat of jb to cure. First coat was on the outside of the fan where it actually attaches to the bezel and then I just gooped a bunch on the face to help it bond a little more

Heh, nice :) I bought a single slot bracket from eVGA for 1usd, lol (9 eVGA bux to the rescue :p). But you seem to have more guts :eek:

Cannot say I'm not envious :D

Anyhow, my GPU is incomming tomorrow, :p

heh, I got the official GTX460 kit since I only found one link to a french site that modded the G200 adaptor... yeah... I have everything here.... just waiting on the GPU, lol :p Do you have a temp LGA1156 CPU, at least?

Nope, the only 1156 I have is an i3 530 in my htpc which gets too much use to tear down, and my girlfriend would kill me if she missed all her shows

Well, YGPM, lol. Nothing fancy, but might be enough to tide you over to a better CPU :p

this is dangerous :eek: I was *this* close to buying a GTX570 after seeing your build log :eek:

thanks again jeremy I appreciate the offer, thats a pretty cool thing to do. and if you hadnt gone through so much to get the damn block working on your 460 Id say go for it.

FINALLLLYY got everything to fit, case work is done!! I might have to make a small cut to get the micro res to fit and im gonna have to cleanup and repaint the front panel but Ive got everything to fit in the case.
2drie86.jpg

ofzy4x.jpg

This looks like an absolutely sick build!!!

Do you have any data on the max wattage that radiator can handle (I could handle up to ambient +10ºC)?

Also, you wouldn't happen to have the max interior length of the case (i.e. for vid cards) in mm, would you? Don't know if it's too different from my Sugo6, but figured I would ask :)

Haha never sabregen
not sure about the wattage I just know the sr1 is the best performing low cfm rad out there so..
sugo 5 and 6 have the same chassis as far as I know heres some measurements I took for the sg05 thread
2drubyd.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I had to cut through the front of the case so my card is up against the front bezel. doing this allows for cards up to 10.5" to fit quite easily. couldnt quite get a 5870 to fit though

I want my stuff back... BOTH OF YOU. :D

haha, I agree with cj3walker... we're keeping them :p

Now I have to update my own thread, lol.... gonna take some time :(

On a side note: the MSI GTX460 nonref is about the same length as a XFX nonref HD5770.... if that means anything :D

I was thinking a stripped 5970 ;) -- bare PCB length is 297mm. I guess I could hot rod the SG06 and just extend everything by 1.5"

definitely get some doubletakes with that setup.

how do you expect a single 120mm rad to cool a high powered GPU + CPU?

i've been looking to do the same but every where i looked points out to me that a single rad wont cut it for 2 high out put heat source

how do you expect a single 120mm rad to cool a high powered GPU + CPU?

i've been looking to do the same but every where i looked points out to me that a single rad wont cut it for 2 high out put heat source

heh... I'm hoping for the same thing in my build, too. Though I've already mentioned the temps aren't that great... My primary goal is silence, sadly :(

BUT... cj3waker has a push/pull setup with a much better rad, so.... :D

ive been worrying about the temps since I started, but Im hoping with this pump and rad will hold their own. my goal is to be in the 60s on both while stress testing, I would be very happy with that

my goal is silence as well but with a single rad, fans need to spin faster thus making more noise

my goal is silence as well but with a single rad, fans need to spin faster thus making more noise

Yeah, I'm about *this* far away from saying screw it, and going with a Shuriken rev B. Since the TWNFRZR isn't that noisey to being with...

I kinda don't want to reattach everything on the W/C build, since it failed leak testing last night. :(

oh bummer man, Stay strong, you can make it work!

well since The only peripheral power I am going to need is a single sata drive and (3) 3 pin for the fans and pump, I am making a custom sleeved power cable, and in my infinite wisdom I attached male ends for the 3 pins, Im not really sure why, it just made sense at the time. Perhaps ive sleeved too many fans.
28l9qp4.jpg

So I need to decide whether I should just run with it and make some double female connectors, or Redo it correctly. And if I do redo it do you guys think I should keep the single braiding up until the sata, or just group it the whole way?
29vcq44.jpg

Whatever means perfection to you :) I'm only sleving my SATA cables, so far (I'll get OCD if I try the PSU... the cursed cables are a mess!!)... I still need to find a 90* SATA cable, but I do have the epically short SATA cables from my masses of broken xbox360s....shame, since I'm using a C300 drive, lol.

I think I like the looks of the group sleeving better, Its gonna be a tight fit to fit all 4 wires through the mdpc small sleeving though. I guess Ill start over ...tomorrow

I cut off the main 24pin's cable ties, however, since it makes it really hard to route that cable if it's cable tied.

waiting on the rest of my stuff to get in and still trying to buy a cpu, but im finding ways to post pointless updates still

I reTIMd the chipset, it was pretty bad
123o46d.jpg

bit of a mockup, note the washing machine workbench, garage was cold
acty0p.jpg

and my new sexy 8gb of ram
x112qc.jpg

sickness, update that thread when your stable and good to go, I wanna see some temps and running shots, Finally got a 760, should be here wed

hey... I'm still uploading my video file, but does the GTX570 fit in without mods? I just joined the GTX570 order... (3D Vision is my excuse :p).

air cooled, no. The bare pcb might just fit, Im going to be putting the block on and hopefully finishing the entire build tomorrow and ill let you know

Finally got the res in which allowed me to start loop mockup, plan is res-pump-rad-gpu-cpu-res. Pump is attached by velcro which should help quiet it down. Somehow ive managed to make everthing fit, the case is thrashed however. I almost want to buy a new one, make the necessary mods, and not have all the beat up experiments. But its gonna work for now, which is all that matters.
iwra77.jpg

m9wrbo.jpg

2vuets4.jpg

102jeif.jpg

jf9mix.jpg

oh and jeremy evga just released a non reference 570 that would easily fit. its 9" i think

Yeah, the GTX570 HD, or whatever it is. Too bad it eschews the cooler for a GTX560-esque type cooler.

EDIT: ooh... so the microres *does* fit... I wish I didn't sell mine off, lol.

Also, do you want any anti-kink? I'll ship some 1FT to ya for free :)

Last edited:
Back