Gainward GTX 560 2Gb Phantom

Rossi~

2[H]4U
To add to the GTX 570 & 580 Gainward have released a Phantom 2Gb & 1Gb GTX 560 Ti also.

http://www.tweaktown.com/pressrelea...els_of_geforce_gainward_gtx_560_ti/index.html

4932_11.jpg

4932_8.png

Last edited:
Gainward knows how to push the wayback machine with long-time PC gamers. "golden sample" and "Ti 4200s" were must haves. :)

Kind of a shame that there are all these 560's showing up with 2gb of VRAM, and the 570's costing $100 more are all stuck at a paltry 1.25gb.

Remember the recent SLI/Crossfire 570/580/6950/6970 [H] review that made the 570 look like a retarded stepchild? This 560 2gb would probably put it to shame as well. :(

Only in Europe i believe. Makes me sad I really wanted a Phantom 570. Its too late anyways for me. Finally paid for my 570 at cousins store so no more swapping cards.

hi, where can I buy Gainward card?

In US, you need to look for Palit (same company).

I have the 570 Phantom on the way. Looking forward to see if this is true and if I can get it even more quiet:

4932_5.jpg

Here's a review and video review of the 570. Overclocking isn't very straight forward with this card according to the review. Its possible to do voltage tweak, but you need to take steps to do it. Check the end of the video review for more on that.
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/gainward_phantom_gtx570_review/1

Couldn't find GTX 580 3GB anywhere..

I would be very please to buy one if the price really is around 550USD..

I am tired of powerplay issue on ATi side..

Remember the recent SLI/Crossfire 570/580/6950/6970 [H] review that made the 570 look like a retarded stepchild? This 560 2gb would probably put it to shame as well. :(

I LOLed @ retarded stepchild :).

IMO the battle-lines are really starting to blur now with so many variants of the same old shit in the $250 range. Imagine what it must be like for people who aren't interested in this stuff :eek:.

I wouldn't be so certain of that... The 570 does hit a wall because of it's RAM in certain games when you're doing 5760x1200 w/AA (obviously it'd never happen at 1920x1200, etc.). Also, have you seen this review of SLI GTX 460 w/1GB vs 2GB? It clearly had a big impact in some games (allowing 2x or even 4x AA vs none, or raising the minimum frame rates a lot), whereas others were still unplayable w/the same settings (i.e. RAM wasn't the issue).

I think a 2GB GTX 560 would have a lot of merit for people looking to play w/a Surround setup, but only if the 1GB cards dropped in price first... Otherwise the price of the 2GB variants is gonna end up being higher than the cheapest 6950 (2GB) after MIR, which makes them irrelevant. Obviously for gaming at 1920x1200 this is all irrelevant, but for higher resolutions (or Direct Compute applications), such cards make a lot of sense.

I'm actually debating whether to go 2x6870, 2xGTX 560, or 2x6950 right now. The aggressive rebates on the 6950 (1 at $260 after MIR and several at $270) are pushing me in that direction, tho when you're doubling up it's an extra $130+ investment. Trying to find more CF+EF or SLI+Surround reviews of the 6800 series and the GTX 560 before I make up my mind.

See at that price it's not really worth it tho, unless you favor NV enough for whatever reason that you're willing to give up performance (vs a 6950 2GB) AND pay more at the same time... You can pick up one 6950 for $260 after MIR and another for $270 (or just pick up two for $300 or w/e w/o MIRs if you're adverse to them and don't wanna save yourself the $70).

No thanks -- nearly 3 slot wide cooler? That's really limiting, and cooling performance wasn't that impressive considering the stupid amount of space used..

I wouldn't be so certain of that... The 570 does hit a wall because of it's RAM in certain games when you're doing 5760x1200 w/AA (obviously it'd never happen at 1920x1200, etc.). Also, have you seen this review of SLI GTX 460 w/1GB vs 2GB? It clearly had a big impact in some games (allowing 2x or even 4x AA vs none, or raising the minimum frame rates a lot), whereas others were still unplayable w/the same settings (i.e. RAM wasn't the issue).

I think a 2GB GTX 560 would have a lot of merit for people looking to play w/a Surround setup, but only if the 1GB cards dropped in price first... Otherwise the price of the 2GB variants is gonna end up being higher than the cheapest 6950 (2GB) after MIR, which makes them irrelevant. Obviously for gaming at 1920x1200 this is all irrelevant, but for higher resolutions (or Direct Compute applications), such cards make a lot of sense.

I'm actually debating whether to go 2x6870, 2xGTX 560, or 2x6950 right now. The aggressive rebates on the 6950 (1 at $260 after MIR and several at $270) are pushing me in that direction, tho when you're doubling up it's an extra $130+ investment. Trying to find more CF+EF or SLI+Surround reviews of the 6800 series and the GTX 560 before I make up my mind.

Depends on the game. At 1920x1080 Crysis destroys 1gb vRam cards with AA turned on. It;s irrelevant if you don't use AA, but you if you plan on using it at all you will need more than the paltry 1gb of vRam we are being offered by nearly everyone.

Would be nice if the Phantom edition card was available through Palit in the U.S.

WTF why does the 560 get a 2GB version before the 570?!? :mad:

Cause RAM is cheap, people are stupid, and there's a bigger margin on a 2GB 560 than there is on a 2GB 570. Same reason you can get stupid things like 2GB 5770s. Granted, I don't know if you can actually get 2GB 5770s, but there are lots of low end cards with way too much video memory on them they'll never be able to use.

Anyone have any idea if there will be a 2GB GTX 560 Ti released by any other brand? The Gainward/Palit red PCB isn't too appealing now-a-days.

Lol, you don't want to buy it, just because of the red PCB?

And I'm not a real big fan of Palit...I heard that it has some connections to the recently deceased BFG but I have had no experience with the customer service or product quality. Would feel more comfortable purchasing a 2GB GTX 560 Ti from EVGA, Asus, etc.

Lol, you don't want to buy it, just because of the red PCB?

That's a problem why? Some people won't buy Gigabyte because of its color scheme, some people won't buy Noctua for its color scheme, some people will only buy components that match their color theme, some people won't buy ram that doesn't have a black PCB.

That's a problem why? Some people won't buy Gigabyte because of its color scheme, some people won't buy Noctua for its color scheme, some people will only buy components that match their color theme, some people won't buy ram that doesn't have a black PCB.

Yeah, and I think they're nuts :cool:

As much as I've heard tales about Palit, I've heard tales about every brand out there, so it's not really worth considering unless there's loads of them going around (as per EVGA)

Despite the red, i think these are awsome...considering options to push a 3 1920x1080 surround/eyefinity setup and the 2gb of ram over 1gb is definitly what made these a contender for my moolah. I was primarily considering an amd solution because of they had more ram, but palit has opened the options up, imo.

There's two 6950's w/2GB going for $260 after MIR at Newegg, and an XFX w/double lifetime warranty for $280 after MIR... Until Palit/Gainward throw out some rebates the GTX 560 2GB cards don't make much sense (at $280+), 'specially for people considering two of either card (the savings add up more).

There's two 6950's w/2GB going for $260 after MIR at Newegg, and an XFX w/double lifetime warranty for $280 after MIR... Until Palit/Gainward throw out some rebates the GTX 560 2GB cards don't make much sense (at $280+), 'specially for people considering two of either card (the savings add up more).

Unfortunately i think PhysX adds an extra "selling point" as such, people who want it/love it, will pay the extra and all will be well. Those who couldn't give a turd (like myself) are not to happy about it and may consider the 6950's.
I am however not going back down the AMD side as i'm a slightly ignorant nVidia fan/preferrer of the green side so i would just sigh at the cost and fork out like the sucker i am.

'Least you're honest about it... ;) I had high hopes the GTX 560 would shake up the pricing of current cards, but instead it just fell somewhere in between cards already in AMD's current lineup so it hasn't had a big impact... For a 3-display setup, if I'm gonna pay more than $400 (2x6870's) I might as well spring for cards w/2GB, which will definitely have a big impact on the ability to pump up the AA on the more demanding games.

I'm in a unique position there tho, for anyone looking for a card to drive a single display the GTX 560 isn't a bad value by any means, it's not a great value but it's nowhere near a bad value... Even the 2GB version isn't terribly priced, it's just not aggressively priced either. If they hadn't tried to revive the Ti moniker they'd probably have seen even less backlash, but it's no worse than AMD now using an x8xx scheme for mid-range parts and x9xx for high end parts.

Back