MSI P67A-C45 - opinions, reviews?

Arkej

n00b
Hello!
I'm going to set up a new PC with i5-2500K. The problem is, that I have limited budget and gotta choose some cheaper motherboard. All I want is to clock my Sandy up to 4,5GHz.

In my country board MSI P67A-C45 costs about 50$ less that Asus P8P67. The same price have also Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 and AsRock P67 PRO3. Dunno which one I should choose.

Asrock looks good but has only 24 month warranty and bad support.
Gigabyte - also quite good, but doesn't have EFI.
MSI - looks like the best choice, but I can't find any reviews. Also would be nice if you could write me what are the diffrences between model GD55. Sth must have been removed... but what?

Looking forward to any reply ;)

I have this board and it's worked fine for me. I only set my 2500k to 3.8 GHz because I haven't had time to deal with stability testing and I'm waiting for a new heatsink. But so far it's been completely stable. All of the reviews I've seen are for the 55 or 65, but I think most of what they say about those boards applies to this one as well.

I think the main difference between this and the GD55 is the lack of a 2nd full pcie slot and therefore no crossfire or sli. It has 6 Gb SATA and USB 3.0 (there is also an onboard USB 3 connector, but no separate front panel USB connector is included). There may be some other minor differences, but I think the 2nd pcie slot is the major one.

Thanks for reply :) You've resolved my doubts.

I'm ordering computer in about two weeks so if you'll make progress with OC, please write here your thoughts/setups/etc.

I got my i7 2600k on 5.0 ghz stable @ 1.43v on this motherboard. Didn't try higher yet.
Only spend 93 euros on it so well worth the money. Just because it's cheap doesn't make it any less than a more expensive one. It's basically stripped down so no crossfire less ports etc. Stuff I wouldnt use if i got a expensive board.

At work we couldn't get it to work properly with our 2500k past 4.2ghz. We tried everything we could do but the board wouldn't stablize under prime.

edit: nm, we have the C43

Besides what is already mentioned, compared to the GD55, the C45 also doesn't have the Hi-C Caps, DrMos (mosfet drivers), it uses a thinner PCB (less layers), and I think it has less power phases (4 vs 6 I think judging from pictures).

Anyone else with a 2500k and a P67A-C45 getting low physics score in 3DMark11 and Vantage(5000 and 15000 respectively) ?

Back