P8P67 & Cooler master hyper 212+ owners I have a question

tokey

Supreme [H]ardness
For those of you with a P8P67 (any version) and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus do you have any issues with it blocking any of the memory slots. I ordered some memory with taller heat sinks. (G Skill Ripjaws) Am I going to have to make any adjustments to the fan (raise it a tab higher) to get it to fit or will it fit without any issues.

If you have any pics I can Look at for reference that would be awesome..

Mine fits fine in a Pro, and with TWO Noctua 14cm fans attached. But I oriented it so the fans are top/bottom, not front/back (my mobo tray is flipped in my CM Stacker, which makes this possible, no PSU or top of case clearance issues).

I have the Pro version and it's a very close fit. I had to slide the fan up a few millimeters to accomidate the Ripjaws. No big deal really but had me concerned initially.

I have a UD4, but the heights are probably the same. I wouldn't worry about clearance too much.

With a 38mm deep fan (half an inch thicker than the 212+ stock fan), I needed to move the fan about a millimeter or two up to clear the Ripjaws. I wouldn't worry at all with Ripjaws and a 212+, regardless of how much the fan may or may not overlap the RAM slots. The 212+ is high enough off the mobo that the fan only has to be slid up a millimeter or two from being centered.

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

Its close but it should work. I may just bump the fan up 1/4 inch to make sure there is clearance.

No issues on my end with testing. In some situations i have had to slightly shift up the fan assembly to clamp on a little higher on the heatsink but otherwise you should not have any issues.

Hope it helps. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

those are my pics from this post (and i see they're making their way around the forum :p). like i said in my original post, i believe ram with tall heatsinks will fit. it will be very close, but it should fit.

I love when people post pictures for reference for people, its much easier than trying to explain it! Im still on the fence about which sandy bridge mobo to buy and all these threads and pictures are fantastic. keep it up guys.

i just installed my p8p67 w/ 16gb's of corsair vegeance ram and alot of people say that it is pushing against the memory on the Pro version of the motherboard. I have the normal version and I didn't have any issues at all, didn't push against it at all

or I installed the heatsink wrong.... lol

Some of the pics look a bit close on the RAM. Can the RAM sticks be easily removed with a Hyper 212+ fitted to a p8p67 pro?

Thanks

Mark

If you're looking for something less restrictive, my deluxe board fits a corsair A70 with room to spare with the fan hovering over the RAM rather than bumping into it

Some of the pics look a bit close on the RAM. Can the RAM sticks be easily removed with a Hyper 212+ fitted to a p8p67 pro?

Thanks

Mark

One thing to keep in mind with the Hyper 212+ is that the fan can be removed very easily. It doesn't have those clip things. You can just pop the fan off with one hand and have full access to all of the RAM.

The fan mounting is different from what you commonly see in the reviews, which were clips. The actual mounting method that comes with current retail 212+ is 2 plastic "edges" that hook onto the heat sink and partly act as shroud. Extremely easy to remove and put on, no tools required at all, and comes with a second set for an extra fan.

I believe I saw one review done on the version with the current mounting method, but I can't remember from who.

I have Gskill ripjaw Xs, and the fan can clear the fins by being moved up only by a few millimeters.

Back