Asus P8P67-Pro wont boot - Red DRAM led

ahh worst luck ever, gave my old rig to my friend thinking id have my new SB rig up and running today..doesnt look like its happening lol

The DRAM-LED on the motherboard is flashing red when I start it up, all the fans turn on and everything seems to be getting power but theres no display on the monitor. Checked all connections, everything seems to be in fine and I dont think I missed anything..The 24 pin and 8 pin ATX power are connected fine.

Tried changing combination of ram slots to no avail also

If I hold down the MEMOK button, the DRAM led goes to a solid red instead of the flashing. Then if I switch ram spots it goes back to the flashing red.

Any ideas >< need a computerrr posted this on my iPhone haha. Thanks guys

Specs - CPU: i5 2500k

Mobo:Asus P8P67-Pro

Video Card:Radeon 6950

Ram: 2x 4gb ddr-3 ram

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU- 650W

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

Looks to me it dosent like your ram or the ram is bad....new boards always need bios updates and much of them can be ram compatability issues resolved..
your probubly going to have to try different ram......try one at a time and see what happens ..maybe 1 bad stick....see if you can contact tech support if all else fails...
these can be problems with new release boards...i feel for ya.....just throwing out ideas as im typing ..
may come down to rma ram or rma board......

Looks to me it dosent like your ram or the ram is bad....new boards always need bios updates and much of them can be ram compatability issues resolved..
your probubly going to have to try different ram......try one at a time and see what happens ..maybe 1 bad stick....see if you can contact tech support if all else fails...
these can be problems with new release boards...i feel for ya.....just throwing out ideas as im typing ..
may come down to rma ram or rma board......

Thanks, I dont have any other DDR3 ram to try though ><

This might be a dumb question but I removed the jumper cap from the 3 pin thing to clear the RTC ram and cant find where I put it lol. Would that do anything?

Make sure you did not overtighten your heatsink.Boot in single channel mode. Update bios and then install a second stick and try to boot in dual. DO not bother with tech support since they are idiots (Asus). I am returning two Asus Maximus III since none of them works in dual channel.

Make sure you did not overtighten your heatsink.Boot in single channel mode. Update bios and then install a second stick and try to boot in dual. DO not bother with tech support since they are idiots (Asus). I am returning two Asus Maximus III since none of them works in dual channel.

Figured Asus tech support would be useless thats why I asked here :D

Ill try what you said, but what about that jumper cap that goes over the 3 pin rtc ram thing, do I need that? I dunno where the f I put it

You won't need it again, one of the outside pins is a "dummy", just used to park the jumper when it's not needed. It's the act of shorting the middle and other outside pin that reset the CMOS, and you can do that with the tip of screwdriver if need be.

If you have old motherboards, video cards, hard drives, etc, there's bound to be a spare jumper on one of them as well if you just want to have one on hand.

You won't need it again, one of the outside pins is a "dummy", just used to park the jumper when it's not needed. It's the act of shorting the middle and other outside pin that reset the CMOS, and you can do that with the tip of screwdriver if need be.

If you have old motherboards, video cards, hard drives, etc, there's bound to be a spare jumper on one of them as well if you just want to have one on hand.

Only reason I even said something about it was cuz I read a thread about this board on the vip.asus forums with people fixing the same / similar problem by reseting that. Heres the post -

Clear RTC RAM procedure

1. Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5&#8211;10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.
4175e069951c.jpg

3. Plug the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4. Hold down the "Del" key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

how can I do that w/o the jumper haha

i cant find cmos jumper on the p8p67 deluxe does anybody know how to reset cmos on this board?

Thanks to all who posted here. I have been building systems for over 10 years, and this one was a real PAIN.

Here a the pertinent steps, and the last one is what got me up and running.

I inserted 1 of my four 4GB sticks into the A2 slot and was able to get into the bios.

Installed the OS and flashed the BIOS to its latest revision 2103... Still not working

Checked the RAM settings and noticed the the auto-setting had me at 1333MHz, but my chips are rated at 1600MHz. I manually set the frequency to 1600MHz and all four chips are now working! I am going back in to ensure all of my timings are correct, but wanted to get this post out there to help others caught in this quagmire.

Back