How tall are Corsair Vengeance

MrGiggles

n00b
I am building a SB system with a Asus P8P67 Pro

I am worried about what ram to get that will fit with a 212 or A70 cooler.

Will it fit? What ram will fit?

Thanks.

If thats all they have an you dont want to order online then go for it. Like I said you might have to use the extra ram slots but it wont make a difference unless you want to add more ram.

Should be alright with a Hyper 212+ if the P67 boards are anything like this P55 board.

coolermaster_hyper212plus_11.jpg

coolermaster_hyper212plus_12.jpg

Link to the review where I stole the pictures from:
http://www.pureoverclock.com/review.php?id=826&page=1

Yeah I didnt see he mentioned the hyper 212. You might get away with it looking at the Pics but I know for Sure the A70 you will have to Move the ram to the next slots. I have the A70 its HUGE.

Thank you for the link. I ordered a Hyper 212+ with an Asus P8P67 Pro because it looked like it would allow four sticks if I ever needed it. Looks like it should work.

I have the same exact situation! Please tell me if it fit.

I would like to get the same stuff
Thank you!

Just got my Hyper 212 plus and looks like I got the newer version with plastic clips instead of the metal wire clips. The plastic adds a little bit over a millimeter. We'll see what happens when I get my mobo on Thursday. Not sure if things will fit or not. Should fit.

2c0Oq.jpg

Last edited:
Corsair vengeance 8gb 1600mhz. Parts will be here Thursday or Friday.

Its like we are building the same machine. I got , asus p67 Pro, 2600K, hyper 212+,8gb vengeance 8gb, and I also bought g.skill 8gb X, as a back up, they seem a nit smaller, who knows.

I was thinking of getting the Asus P67 deluxe or EVO, any thoughts on why we all got the Pro, besides cost. Just curious what other thought. I am worried the height of the spreaders are not going to fit with the fan sticking out that much more. It was very thin on that pict.

Does the p67 care which Dimm slot are used, ie could we use the pair farther away from the socket or is it like the 1156 where we need to start with the closest. Or do I have it backwards?

Let me know when you get your stuff.

I can't speak for the Asus boards, but my P67A-UD7 doesn't care if you use 1/3 or 2/4 as DIMMS.

You won't have a problem with fitting the vengeance with the Hyper 212+ even with the new plastic fan holder. I have this version as well as the Venomous-X with it's plastic aftermarket fan holder, and the Hyper 212+ is significantly smaller. Measuring from the opposite side of the heatsink at its center point and all the way to the edge of the fan holder, it's about 7.6cm. The Ven-X is about 8.5 cm. I could fit the vengeance with the Ven-X but the one in DIMM 2 was slightly bent, and I did not want to risk that. With the Hyper212+ there will be plenty of clearance for DIMMs 2/4, unless the Asus boards are radically different (which I sincerely doubt).

I never knew DIMM placement mattered (as long as it's paired or tripled of course). I recently built a H67 where I placed the RAM in the further white slots with no problems.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3655#ov

Thank you for all the comments. I was looking at the pict further up in the thread and it had a pict of an asus pro, 212 cooler and vengence and it looked like it was paper thin.

Also, I think for 1366 socket board you have to use the dimms alternating 1/3/5 starting with the set clostest to the socket or it wont post, I guess that was for that triple channel socket.

When some one actually get the ram in the mobo with 212+ post a pick. If I get my stuff soon and succeed I will too.

thank you!

Last edited:
IMG_0122.jpg

From another Hard thread. It apprently is flush you will have to put in the other dimms..

These are NOT Corsair ram it said to be A Data.. so looks to close and to low.

IMG_0120.jpg

that sucks, what if I need to put 4 dimm in. Why can we just have the fan on the other side of the cooler? wouldn't that solve the problem? air flow is air flow.

Also what if we shaved down the fan surrounding cowl? make some room.

I am buying it end of next week. 2 fans are important with OC.. I have no problem running 8gigs of ram dunno why I would need more in the next few years so 2 slots is fine.

that sucks, what if I need to put 4 dimm in. Why can we just have the fan on the other side of the cooler? wouldn't that solve the problem? air flow is air flow.

I'm guessing the fan itself blows the other way. I don't actually have the component though so I can't tell you for sure or if you could change that.

EDIT: Also, while on the prescribed side it can pull in cold air. On the other side it is trying the same, but having a harder job of it.

That sucks. Funny what a millimeter or two can do to screw up plans. You can always switch the fan to the other side and then use your exhaust fan on the back of you case as an intake instead. That's what I'm going to be doing if I ever have 4 sticks which is doubtful.

I was reading the Asus P8P67 Pro manual today and the correct slots for 2 ram sticks are in A2 and B2 which are in the clear so yay for that. I don't think I'll ever use more than 8gbs.

Its like we are building the same machine. I got , asus p67 Pro, 2600K, hyper 212+,8gb vengeance 8gb, and I also bought g.skill 8gb X, as a back up, they seem a nit smaller, who knows.

Does the p67 care which Dimm slot are used, ie could we use the pair farther away from the socket or is it like the 1156 where we need to start with the closest. Or do I have it backwards?

Let me know when you get your stuff.

Ha yeah same stuff but you have the better chip, I'm going with the 2500k.

The manual that's now up on Asus's site says that slots A2 and B2 are ideal for when using 2 sticks of ram which is good in this situation.

|Cooler| |A1|A2| |B1|B2|

I was reading the Asus P8P67 Pro manual today and the correct slots for 2 ram sticks are in A2 and B2 which are in the clear so yay for that. I don't think I'll ever use more than 8gbs.

Thank, that is good to hear, and what I was referring to.

I think it could fit... but it would probably be touching. If only my ram would hurry the hell up.

PcKhb.jpg

JMtRX.jpg

MLaLs.jpg

I am still waiting for my stuff too, wow that is really close. I don't think it will work. but we are supposed to use the blue DIMMS slots first, right?

I can confirm that a Hyper 212+ installed on a P8P67 Pro will allow Corsair Vengeance memory to be installed in all four slots. I've got some pictures I'll post later but tested it last night. It is touching the bottom of the fan but there isn't much pressure. Mine also has the plastic fan attachment.

My heatsink is installed a little crooked like the pictures on top. I think if you got it very parallel to the memory slots there would be no contact.

Thank you! I would love to see pictures, I am frustrated in not havig the parts and wanting to know that when I build I will not run into a problem that stops me. What about using a dremel to file down the fan cowl and heatsink a tad, to get the room. I would nt want any pressure to damage mobo. although I hear you about the pressure being lite.

Ram finally got here. Ochadd is right. It fits but it's touching with a little pressure on the middle of the ram where it's the thickest. I'm pretty sure it would be fine like that for long term usage. Crappy pictures sorry, I'm in a rush to turn this guy on.

P8uCr.jpg

AGRL8.jpg

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
I think I am going to try and use these. they may have a small heatsink. what do you guys think. Meatsauce let us know how it goes and post final picks. buy the way what case are you building in.

J

are you using all four dimms? or 2, can you just use the light blue dimms?

Correct. The manual says if you are only using two the blue slots should be used. Good to know four will fit in a year or two if 16GB would be needed.

If you want dual channel on the asus pro board do you run the 2 sticks of ram in the 2 blue slots or black slots?

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
I think I am going to try and use these. they may have a small heatsink. what do you guys think. Meatsauce let us know how it goes and post final picks. buy the way what case are you building in.

J

I'm building in the Corsair 600T. I've installed windows but I am having ram/boot problems. Not sure whats going yet.

make sure your in the correct DIMMs. Like I was saying on 1366 sockets it will not post if you are using 3 of 6 DIMMs in triple channel and use the wrong set. It is probably the same here. Move the RAM into the other set of DIMMs.

Here is probably the best pic I have showing installed vengeance w/ a Hyper 212+ and the P8P67 Pro

ram_space0.jpg

Back