Corsair: 650D

Good timing I guess, was looking for a nice mid-tower for a sandy bridge build.

Considering the 700D was ~$200 at times, hopefully this is in the $120-160 range...

Just what I'm looking for for sandy bridge also (except I hate windows - and ugg look at that ugly rib around it).

Yea, not clean like the 800D window.

I bet they'll offer a normal side panel like they did with the 800D though... I like windows, just not with a rubber edge around it.

Finally - this is the Corsair case I've been waiting for. I'm not looking to move out of my FT02 but will likely pick up this case at some point. The 800D was just too stupid big - this one is just right. Nice.

I just got a 700D.

This looks like the little bro to it... Very nice, Corsair with another win.

I don't think I could do another mid tower though, all this room in my 700D is amazing, I love it.

FINALLY!!!! Man I've been waiting for a new case from corsair. I've always been dreaming of a chassis that is a hybrid of the 800D and the 600T. I liked the 800D aluminum faceplate and the side window however it is too tall and pricey. On the other hand I like the quick release side panel of the 600T. Now this 650D is exactly what i want!

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How funny, I was about to help a friend with a build later this month and was going to get him into a 600T. Might have to wait for this case now. :)

I just got a 700D.

This looks like the little bro to it... Very nice, Corsair with another win.

I don't think I could do another mid tower though, all this room in my 700D is amazing, I love it.

Lots of room yes, but i never found them to be space efficient like the Lian li V series or the Tj07

perfect combination. The fan controller and 200mm fans, along with the SSD ready drive bays are actually upgrades to the 800D, so thats cool. I have to agree with everyone about the window rib, it looks like one of those DIY jobs with that rubber molding to cover up the fact that your dremel job looked like ass

Hell yes - I was putting off my purchase of a 600T to see what they came out with at CES and i'm glad I did. I'm all over one of these once it comes out.

So based on the specs is the 650D missing any features of the 800D and/or does it have anything new? Besides the size difference of course

Keep shrinking them...I'm waiting for the 300D.

You should be producing cases where there is no competition? I'll never accuse a computer parts maker of innovation...

The demand in the mini-itx gaming sector is exploding up the X curve...and no one is there to meet them with supply...

Best,

Liquid Cool

Keep shrinking them...I'm waiting for the 300D.

You should be producing cases where there is no competition? I'll never accuse a computer parts maker of innovation...

The demand in the mini-itx gaming sector is exploding up the X curve...and no one is there to meet them with supply...

Best,

Liquid Cool

There's plenty of good mini-itx cases. Look at SPCR forum.

And for me whole m-itx gaming is abomination since you can't use dedicated sound card there.

Love the look of the case but disappointed that the release date is in April. My new SB build is going to happen in Feb. Shame :(

So based on the specs is the 650D missing any features of the 800D and/or does it have anything new? Besides the size difference of course

The new 650D will be better than the 800D in terms of air cooling and also now supports USB3.0 at the front IO.

Definitely a far more appealing case than the 600T in terms of aesthetics. I wasn't a fan of the door handles myself WorldExclusive, but having the opportunity to try them in person on the 600T converted me. Very convienent and effective.

Having just picked up a FT02 for my new build I sincerely doubt I will consider getting this when it's released, but hey.. never say never...

Its like an expesive Lian Li with better than 60T inside :D
They listened to the critics of the 600 (with the useless fan controller) and made improvements.
Case looks awesome! I would like to hear a review, how much airflow and how quite it is.

It's a pity that it will be out in April. Most Sandy builds will be done in the next 2 weeks. After that, it will just be a steady tickle, but not the mad rush it is now.

Please be SR-2 mod friendly, please be SR-2 mod friendly, please be SR-2 mod friendly.........:D

Why are you watercooling guys bickering about rad space in this case? Corsair already gave you a very good watercooling case with the 800D - this 650D is for us air-coolers.

You mean a 240+200?

It looks like im going to cut out the top hot swap bay and fit myself a 360 rad ^_^

I said possible. Mod? A bottom mounted 240 became possible on the 800D with a simple mod.

Why are you watercooling guys bickering about rad space in this case? Corsair already gave you a very good watercooling case with the 800D - this 650D is for us air-coolers.

Yep. This is the case for the majority of users.

Because the 800D is too big and doesn't have a very good airflow scheme? It's bigger than my TJ07, and the TJ07 is easily better at WC than the 800D.

One thing that I just cant stand about these Obsidian cases is just how plain and boxy looking they are. There's elegance, and then there's those that try to look elegant, but are just plain boring. Throw in some rounded corners or something!

Because the 800D is too big and doesn't have a very good airflow scheme? It's bigger than my TJ07, and the TJ07 is easily better at WC than the 800D.

One thing that I just cant stand about these Obsidian cases is just how plain and boxy looking they are. There's elegance, and then there's those that try to look elegant, but are just plain boring. Throw in some rounded corners or something!

Well, that's why you already have the FT02, right?

I'll pick up this 650D even though I hadn't planned on moving out of my FT02 just because I was mildly intrigued by the 800D but put off by the ginormous size.

hmm...I'll probably stay with my FT02. This won't beat the FT02 at air-cooling and really has no compelling reasons for me to switch, but then again, I don't exactly care about great air-cooling anymore as I don't game anymore so I'll be getting a midrange card for my sandybridge build. The window and the handles are ugly, too. But you never know. Maybe with a sandybridge build I'd get this case and switch, but I'm happy with my FT02 right now. If the Mac Pro wasn't so overly expensive, I'd get rid of my rig and just switch to a mac to be honest since I'm doing a lot of RoR stuff now...so who knows...the FT02 might be my last case.

hmm...I'll probably stay with my FT02. This won't beat the FT02 at air-cooling and really has no compelling reasons for me to switch, but then again, I don't exactly care about great air-cooling anymore as I don't game anymore so I'll be getting a midrange card for my sandybridge build. The window and the handles are ugly, too. But you never know. Maybe with a sandybridge build I'd get this case and switch, but I'm happy with my FT02 right now. If the Mac Pro wasn't so overly expensive, I'd get rid of my rig and just switch to a mac to be honest since I'm doing a lot of RoR stuff now...so who knows...the FT02 might be my last case.

Sam - I was beyond purple holding my breath for your FT02 Red so I finally found another one! It'll be here Monday!!!

If you do get rid of it someday (when you go all Mac), you know who to call, right? ;)

Well you know how to state your opinion that is for sure.

All the reasons you say you hate the Obsidian cases is all the reasons I love them

Plain and simple is what I like, I like how they don't have rounded corners... I think the 600T is the ugliest case because of the front and top.

I like the clean, smooth face and sides, no extra anything that is worthless and ugly looking.

I don't have any experience with the TJ07 but I am sure it is a nice case too, you paid what $400+ for it.

I paid $140 free shipping for my 700D, I just cant imagine paying $400+ for a case.

you claim too that the 700/800D is to big?

facts
TJ07 = 22.24" x 8.66" x 22.05"
700/800D = 24.00" x 9.00" x 24.00"

You can notice less than half a inch wider and less than 2" in either direction?

you are a funny man or you just have something out for the 800D.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with the TJ07 but I am sure it is a nice case too, you paid what $400+ for it.

you claim too that the 700/800D is to big?

facts
TJ07 = 22.24" x 8.66" x 22.05"
700/800D = 24.00" x 9.00" x 24.00"

You can notice less than half a inch wider and less than 2" in either direction?

The size of the 800D is an issue. Because it is way too big. I don't mind that they added 2" in either direction, but they should have at least made it more efficient. Why add the 2" if you are only going to supply 6 HDDs? The size is no different compared to Lian Li towers, but Lian lis supply 10 HDD spots at a minimum and you dont get the feeling that the case is too big.

The 800D is great if you actually DO use up all the space, by that I mean EATX, interior WC loop, and use up all HDD slots, but when I take a look at the rigs the 800D that simply houses an ATX single card setup, that space is all wasted, dont you think? Hell, i'd even bet that the majority of WC'd 800D rigs would fit nicely this new 650D case. If you like unnecessarily huge cases, that's fine, but FaRKle0079 and I are simply stating how the space could be better used.

Like FaRKle0079, I've owned TJ07 and other full lian li towers, and in all those towers I felt the space within the tower is efficiently used up, but with the 800D, there is alot of extra wasted space :confused:

Looks is really a subjective matter, so in your defense, I actually like the look of corsair's D series (I dont like the window though).

Back