MSI Geforce 460GTX 1GB Hawk OC Twin Frozr II DVI/HDMI Graphics Card - $159 shipped ar

ScratchDrive

Limp Gawd
Highly overclockable MSI Hawk/Twin Frozr 1GB GTX460 on sale.... easily one of the best, if not the best "bang for buck" card out of the box right now. It says there's 12 left as of this post, don't expect it to last

MSI Geforce 460GTX OC Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5 DVI/HDMI Graphics Card
$159 shipped ar

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rds=B00446CJDM&url=search-alias%3Delectronics

* Triple Over Voltage- N460GTX Hawk is the world's first graphics card which supports voltage adjustment of GPU, Memory and PLL

* Twin Frozr II Thermal Design -18% Cooler and 8.1 dB Quieter!!

* 7+1 Phase PWM Design- Higher current to GPU Power- Higher overclocking capability- Better stability in peak load

* Military Class Components

* APS (Active Phase Switching)& V-Check Points

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
$179 now

$159 after MIR at Newegg now

excellent card, i went for the Talon Attack version with better ram for $214 myself

Nope, it says $159 shipped still (click to the main page). 3 left it says, not 12 in OP. Yeah, they did sell out quick

xx3434342.png

You are not being conscious right now, nobody_here......... click the main page..... click that picture of the video card you showed and then you will see the lower price........

lol, ok dokie, you're right, $159 after clicking through....after MIR....which makes it the same as Newegg.....which most people are more comfortable with around here, just sayin'

same comfort level for me, I guess it just depends on what state you live in (for tax matters of course :D )

Newegg charges me for tax and this stupid state recycle fee

How would this compare to a 4870? My system specs are in my signature

How would this compare to a 4870? My system specs are in my signature

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3987/amds-radeon-6870-6850-renewing-competition-in-the-midrange-market

a favorable review showing both stock clocked and heavily overclocked versions of the 460. this card *should* have considerable overclocking headroom. would be a decent upgrade from a 4870. not sure of the legitimacy of Anandtech reviews, but i don't personally have a reason to distrust them.

FWIW i bit on this deal to upgrade my 5770, which is damn near identical to your 4870.

thanks OP :)

Good to know! Looks like they ran out of stock, though the deal is still alive

Oh, and it's the 1gb version

Still reading the reviews actually. I didn't realize how much power the 4870s take and heat it gives off even when just idling!

With respect to the one card per household rebate stipulation, is there a quick and easy way to bypass newegg's ordering system and buy two? Maybe have one sent to my brother's house and pay with a different credit card?

Yep, that's 2 different purchases :)

Usually though, you can just use a different card and the same address. But sometimes you have to use a different address so your bros house is perfect, and especially no doubts if you use another card as well

Ordered. I'm going to be so ticked if Amazon repeats the Asus gtx 460 debacle.

do explain...?

Right below the Add to Cart button it says "More Buying Choices" ... choose the first one Amazon.com and click add to cart to get it for $159 ar price.But you have to wait as they temporarily ran out of stock and are awaiting a new shipment it says

....which makes it the same as Newegg.....which most people are more comfortable with around here, just sayin'

wat?

Newegg is good, very good. But no one has better customer service than Amazon. Plus no tax for CA residents

the card is already back up to $225.70.

been posted already but click on Amazon as the vendor and it WILL SHOW THE CORRECT PRICE.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was hoping nobody else would notice this because I'm still waiting a couple more days for Amazon gift card credit from games trade-ins to post before pulling the trigger :(

Trombe, you can use your credit card, and then have the amazon chat/phone rep reverse the charge and use your amazon credit instead when you get it. And your credit card won't charge any interest in that short amount of time because of "grace periods"

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i just got done building my rig last night and got just a little time playing the MWLL mod for Crysis

1440x900 all high settings (as detected by Crysis), vsync and DX10...64bit code

this thing flies period. im talking a fairly stable 50fps..... and the MWLL mod is much more abusive than the vanilla Crysis experience, as if that was possible....

i have never gotten this level of experience from any pc game ever. closest thing was my 7900GT when they first came out, but this is just great

I am upgrading from a 7900GT as well, hope this will let me max out games :D I am using 1080p res though, so hopefully not much different from your setup

I am upgrading from a 7900GT as well, hope this will let me max out games :D I am using 1080p res though, so hopefully not much different from your setup

oh i had an 8800GTS 320Mb card and a 9600GSO 384Mb card since the 7900GT, the GTX4601Gb card replaced the 9600GSO and that was a huge leap, from 7900GT to this should make you want to punch yourself

$179 now

$159 after MIR at Newegg now

excellent card, i went for the Talon Attack version with better ram for $214 myself

what about the ram is better? timing and rated speed?

what is the standard reference ram and what other 460 cards use 'better ram'?

what about the ram is better? timing and rated speed?

what is the standard reference ram and what other 460 cards use 'better ram'?

The talon attack has Hynix 0.4ns gddr5 memory, the regular hawk from msi has Samsung memory thats not rated as fast. I dont know whats refrence, a little googling reviews should yield that info.

Back