Half life 2 mods

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I just bought the complete pack from steam. Are there any good mods for it (such as increase the graphics or give infinite ammo, etc.)?

My only complaint with the cinematic mod (besides the 20GB install...) is that all the character models (especially the female ones) don't look like they fit the world any longer. The female models are especially egregious in this respect. I don't think they've figured out how to allow achievements to be given using the mod either, but I know they were working on it last time I checked.

He means stuff like FakeFactory's Cinematic I think.
http://www.cinematicmod.com/

Though I think HL2 looks good even without any mods since they updated it with Episode Two effects.

I didnt like some of the changes they made and just beat the game vanilla earlier this year. Frankly HL2 holds up better graphically than any game Ive played. It really doesnt need mods.

He means stuff like FakeFactory's Cinematic I think.
http://www.cinematicmod.com/

Though I think HL2 looks good even without any mods since they updated it with Episode Two effects.
Oh. My. Goodness. Thank you for changing my gaming plans for the next week. I haven't heard of this one and am anxious to check it out. The before/after shots are absolutely amazing.

I see fakefactory has 10 mods, does mod #10 include mods 1-9 or do I have to download all of them separately?

My only complaint with the cinematic mod (besides the 20GB install...) is that all the character models (especially the female ones) don't look like they fit the world any longer. The female models are especially egregious in this respect. I don't think they've figured out how to allow achievements to be given using the mod either, but I know they were working on it last time I checked.

Well, you don't have to enable character models. You can just leave them to the default valve models if they bug you. But I know what you are saying. Most of the guys look fine to me, but I think Fakefactory has a thing for Asians, because he seems to have turned all the female characters into Koreans. Oddly enough though, the only female character who is SUPPOSED to look Asian (Alyx is half Asian if I remember right), now looks Brazilian lol (based on Adriana Lima). But whatever. Other than that little oddity, the Cinematic mod does a pretty good job of updating the HL2 graphics.

I see fakefactory has 10 mods, does mod #10 include mods 1-9 or do I have to download all of them separately?

You only need to download 10.

Last edited:
Just to follow up on what has been said about the character models in Cinematic mod, I loaded up HL2 real quick and took some screen shots of Alyx.

First, here's vanilla HL2 (post orange box, obviously)

Now, Cinematic Mod 10.94, Valve model Alyx

Finally, Cinematic Mod 10.94, Adriana Lima model Alyx

Now, I prefer the original Alyx, but the quality and detail of the Adriana Lima model is obviously much better than either of the Valve style models. Too bad all the HD models have goofy looking clothes. Honestly, the CM8 version with the original style clothing was probably the best... but that's not available with CM10. I believe Fakefactory is working on HD versions of all the original Valve models for CM10, but I think he is waiting for Ep3 to do the Alyx model. Too bad. I'd love to see a nice high poly, high res texture original Alyx.

Back