Dec 17th-19th, buy PS3 get $100 gift card from Wal-Mart!

dalearyous

[H]ard|Gawd
basically from 17th-19th if you buy a ps3 at walmart you get $100 gift card from walmart.

there is some other trick that my friend wanted to pull off. it had something to do with this then head over to sams club and use it there to get even more gift cards. i dunno, thought people would be interested in this. its more money than the amazon deal but one could argue amazon gift card is much more useful.

Usually, you can cash out wal-mart gift cards for money value, do you think they would let you do that in this case?

Usually, you can cash out wal-mart gift cards for money value, do you think they would let you do that in this case?

Really? Cashing out gift cards sounds like a very bad thing for walmart to do...

At any rate, just buy something you want, even a Visa gift card (though there is a ~5 usd fee....)

basically from 17th-19th if you buy a ps3 at walmart you get $100 gift card from walmart.

there is some other trick that my friend wanted to pull off. it had something to do with this then head over to sams club and use it there to get even more gift cards. i dunno, thought people would be interested in this. its more money than the amazon deal but one could argue amazon gift card is much more useful.

I remember seeing this rumor when the Amazon deal first went up. Quick math said that after sales tax from Walmart, I would only have saved $4 more than the Amazon deal...and then I'd get taxed on the things bought with the $100 giftcard. It would end up costing me $3 more to go the Walmart route.

$3 might seem trivial, but 3 cheeseburgers are still 3 cheeseburgers.

The Sams Club trick (as mentioned on about a bazillion other sites it seems): Sams Club has some kind of gift/membership card for $100, you get a free $25 card on top of it. Supposedly good for use in Walmart and Sams Club. Buy 2-3 of these at SC, zip to WM, buy a PS3, get $100 + 3x$25 = $175 in GC net (-taxes and such).

EDIT: Assumption that you/friend have a SC membership, else this won't work LOL.

The Sams Club trick (as mentioned on about a bazillion other sites it seems): Sams Club has some kind of gift/membership card for $100, you get a free $25 card on top of it. Supposedly good for use in Walmart and Sams Club. Buy 2-3 of these at SC, zip to WM, buy a PS3, get $100 + 3x$25 = $175 in GC net (-taxes and such).

EDIT: Assumption that you/friend have a SC membership, else this won't work LOL.

Pretty interesting idea. Have to think about whether or not I need a second PS3...... hmmmmm

Back