DBAN?

raksasas

Limp Gawd
Is DBAN (2.2.6) still recommend for wiping drives?

I have no problems using it in SATA systems but it seems to have probelms booting into it on an IDE system.

I get the following message:
ISOLINUX 4.00 4.00-pre46 ETCD Copywrite (C) 1994-2010 H. Peter Anvin et al
Reading sectors error (EDD)
ERROR: No configuration file found.

Any ideas? As I said it only comes up on IDE systems that I attempt to wipe.

I've used it on probably over 20 IDE drives...not a single problem (Short, Long, auto). Is this a slaved drive? Maybe instead of having the pin on CS, try the master. The drive is showing up in the bios, correct?

I've used it on probably over 20 IDE drives...not a single problem (Short, Long, auto). Is this a slaved drive? Maybe instead of having the pin on CS, try the master. The drive is showing up in the bios, correct?

Just tried with all drives set to their master/slave settings (were all on Cable Select). IDE CDROM = Master, IDE CDR/W = Slave, Floppy drive = disabled, IDE Hard drive = Master, no slave hard drive

And they are seen in the BOIS.
Systems I have been tryinig to wipe are: Dell Dimension 4600 and Dell Dimension 3000

Last edited:
That is really weird, maybe it is a bad ISO burn?

For the record, the 20+ drives I had done were all on Dell Dimension 2400's and 3000's. Not that it should have any effect, but are you using the last BIOS version (If I remember correctly it is A03).

That is really weird, maybe it is a bad ISO burn?

For the record, the 20+ drives I had done were all on Dell Dimension 2400's and 3000's. Not that it should have any effect, but are you using the last BIOS version (If I remember correctly it is A03).

I am currently working on the 4600. BIOS was one of my thoughts so I updated it to A12 and same issue. Download version 2.0.0 and re-downloading 2.2.6

2.2.6 - gives error boot to the system
2.0.0 - won't even boot
1.0.7 - Works on the system.

*shrug*

Very strange, I'm out of ideas. Depending on your desire to use the 2.2.6 version you could try pulling the drives out of the 4600's and put them in a 3000 (assuming your 3000's work with that version). I have a few 4700's that I may be wiping in the near future, hopefully I don't run into these issues.

I use 1.0.7 for older system's with IDE, and 2.2.6 with modern machines.

No issues. I generally always try 2.2.6 and if it doesn't work then I revert to v1.0.7 as last resort.

Back