CL9 vs CL8

celwin

[H]ard|Gawd
In real world everyday use, will I notice a diff between CL8 and CL9 memory? I can get DDR3 CL9 1333 for $30 less than the CL8 equivalence; So I was wondering if the performance is really that greater for CL8

For $30 get the cl9, if the cl8 was maybe $5 more I would get it, but even $10 would be pushing it because the real world difference is small. Like others said its the benchmarks.

when benchmarking

And even the benchmarked difference depends on the platform. The difference is biggest on platforms with an on-motherboard memory controller, where total latencies are relatively high to begin with. On those platforms with an on-CPU-die IMC, even benchmarked differences between different memory latency timings may be virtually nil.

Last edited:
Definitely CL9. Unless your trying to get every possible number on a benchmark you will never know the difference.

If you ever decide to try to OC the memory, in theory the C8 "should" offer a bit more headroom if that is a future option.

You wouldn't notice a difference between 8 and 9. I can't tell a difference in my everday usage (apps/games) between 7 and 9. I run at 9, as it a;;owed a better OC.

You wouldn't notice a difference between 8 and 9. I can't tell a difference in my everday usage (apps/games) between 7 and 9. I run at 9, as it a;;owed a better OC.
agreed would be same , higher clock works better or even unicore

Back