Help me pick a gpu

hossdaddy

2[H]4U
hey guys I am probably selling my 4890 plus the ocz 850z psu to my buddy for his antec 620w neo + $150(even deal?). So I am looking at the gtx460 1gb and the radeon 6850. That psu should be more than enough for teh system yes? Its the main rig in my sig below.

I game on a 22"(no plans to change monitor anytime soon) I play mainly steam platform, COD's, L4D2, dod;s etc. Is there a clear winner between these 2 @ my resolution of 1680x1050?

TIA!

im in Canada eh! Are you suggesting that card due to $? Why Gigabyte over any of the otehr partners?

im in Canada eh! Are you suggesting that card due to $? Why Gigabyte over any of the otehr partners?
because it's the cheapest, has nice alternate cooling, and did I mention it's the cheapest.

All 460's overclock well so you should aim to get the cheapest one available.

The Neo Eco will be more than enough either the GTX 460 1GB or HD 6850.

THe HD 6850 does edge out the GTX 460 1GB in many games but not by much. However, at least with the Newegg.com, the GTX 460 cards tends to be bundled with a game or two which makes them pretty decent deals. You won't regret going with either card.

Anyway, find out what's the cheapest HD 6850 and GTX 460 1GB card you can find from a decent manufacturer. Then figure out which manufacturer is "better" in terms of warranty and customer support. Then pick the one with the better manufacturer

do you guys think this is a fair deal? How much of an upgrade would either card would be over the 4890?

do you guys think this is a fair deal? How much of an upgrade would either card would be over the 4890?

At best, the GTX 460 1GB and HD 6850 would be about 15% to 20% faster than the HD 4890. At worst, you're looking at fairly equal performance.

Back