Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB for $65 shipped to CA (Dead Deal}

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfsilicon

Limp Gawd
Update 11/6 8:00AM: Just checked another major deals site and this deal is listed as dead.
Update 11/6 7:55AM: Promo code might be dead. Can't really verify it myself. Please post your experience, so I can update this deal.

----

Couldn't resist this one. Just ordered two for an ultra-low 3.25c per GB or ($65 for 2TB). That is shipped to CA including tax. For non-CA residents you save another $5 due to no sales tax. These should go fast.

Here is how it goes:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152245

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive for $79.99 each

Use promo code "EMCZYNW48" to get $20 off.

+ ~$5 tax and free ship

I was looking at the WDC 2TB green drive deal, but was turned-off by the so-so reviews (45% 5 eggs). Folks watch out 2TB is a lot of data to lose if the drive dies on you. In comparison the Samsung F4 has almost 80% 5 eggs. It's also the October 2010 customer's choice award winner.

Limit 5 per customer...

Last edited:
awesome deal. thanks for posting it.

I can now sell off my 3 6400AAKS drives and just replace it with this.

I ordered one, its a 5400 rpm, but reviews say its fast for what it is. Plus I can now partition it and use it as a storage device. Time to reconfigure everything and clear up some space! A new windows install in in order!

lol... I COULD..... get another one and do RAID lol. but im too cheap.

wow thanks OP. i just got 4, since thats how many sata ports my server has. right now i have 2xWD20EARS in there, but i bought them for about $200 total, so this is definitely a nice upgrade. $240 total for 4tb! i cant wait to be able to rip blu rays shamelessly!

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUU, in 4 2, I guess I'll get rid of my 2 1tb drives......

/me calls cc company to extend limit

/me in for the max times 2.

Thx OP what a deal! I knew it paid off to stay up late tonight!

wow thanks OP. i just got 4, since thats how many sata ports my server has. right now i have 2xWD20EARS in there, but i bought them for about $200 total, so this is definitely a nice upgrade. $240 total for 4tb! i cant wait to be able to rip blu rays shamelessly!

Wouldn't $240 be 4 drives? 4x2GB = 8GB

So earlier tonight/this morning I picked up a WD EARS drive for $81. Now 3 hours later, I just purchased 2 of these for 119.98. I never thought I would get 6TB of storage for around $200.

Last edited:
I find it's better when I underestimate the size. Nice surprise when it turns out to be bigger.

That's what she said!

W00t! 10TB for under $300! (Pulled the trigger now as I can't see this getting cheaper by the end of the year...)

Fun facts: 2TB = 500 4GB 720p movies, so for $130 you get 1000 HD movies. So almost 3 (1000/365 = 2.65) movies a day. Should be enough space for 2011.

I was looking at the WDC 2TB green drive deal, but was turned-off by the so-so reviews (45% 5 eggs). Folks watch out 2TB is a lot of data to lose if the drive dies on you. In comparison the Samsung F4 has almost 80% 5 eggs. It's also the October 2010 customer's choice award winner.

It's only been out for a month or two, that says nothing about reliability.

Bastards! I just bought this exact drive yesterday for 99 bucks.. it even just shipped today! Sometimes I hate newegg

Bastards! I just bought this exact drive yesterday for 99 bucks.. it even just shipped today! Sometimes I hate newegg

try to chat with one of their reps. they will probably reimburse the diff since newegg rocks with CS.

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up one. $60 shipped for me, since there's no sales tax in OR.

I would like to thank the original poster for pointing out this SMOKING [H]ot Deal... and in the same breath say DAMN YOU! You just forced me to impulse buy $300. And before anyone says that i wasn't forced, go back and look @ the price again. :-p

Wow, insane price. The 3tb drives are really starting to push them down.

WOW!!!

I just bought two of these at $80 each and thought it was a steal!!

Grr. Great drives though, super fast sequential reads, average access times.

I just bought 2 for $180 a week ago!! ARGHHHH!!!

but, this seems to tempting, I got another 2 !! ARGHH!!!!

In for one.

Thx OP. I definitely needed the extra storage space.

Hmm. If I am planning on getting a new computer sometime next spring, would this still be a great buy right now and saving it for then? I was planning on getting a 1 or 2tb drive for storage for the new rig. Maybe by then this would no longer be a nice deal?

Wow. I mailed newegg, they responded to me in 30 minutes and offered $10 back. sweet.

I did a little advanced math here. For anyone who paid $90 for theirs... To return the drive, pay the restocking fee and return shipping, and order a new one at this price (with the code) will save you around $10. Only recommended for the extremely frugal.

OP deserves OP of the year award =)

Hmm. If I am planning on getting a new computer sometime next spring, would this still be a great buy right now and saving it for then? I was planning on getting a 1 or 2tb drive for storage for the new rig. Maybe by then this would no longer be a nice deal?

Not for an OS drive for a gaming or video editing/photoshop rig but for a storage drive or HTPC, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back