LG 42LD450 42-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV $499 + Free TiVo DVR + free S/H

Luxor

[H]ard|Gawd
Really HOT deal... they are throwing in a free $200 TiVo box with the LG HDTV purchase

you get the LG 42LD450 42-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV (great reviews) for $499

and it comes with a free TiVo DVR box (worth $200)... keep it or sell it :)

... after you checkout you should get a $200 discount automatically for the combo making it $499 with free shipping for both items total. Amazon now has 30 day free TV returns too for those sketchy about TVs online... no hassle UPS pickups!

1. Add the 42 Inch TV - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0039RRC7U

2. Add the TiVo - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0036OR910

3. Click your shopping cart and proceed to checkout.

4. Discount of $197 should be added automatically before your last order confirmation and process

Items: $696.39
Shipping & Handling: $41.25
Super Saver Discount: -$41.25
Promotion Applied: -$196.41

Total: $499.98

This item qualifies for Free Shipping, Free 30 Day TV Returns and the TV Low Price Guarantee.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Worked for me. Make sure to select the Amazon.com source and not the default vendor.

Wow, great deal, and if you didn't want the Tivo you can Ebay it quickly for $155 + $20 S/H as long as you leave the Tivo box sealed. That would lower the price of the TV to around $360 or so after fees.

The lowest Ebay price i seen on that Tivo was for $180 shipped total, for brand new sealed ones that is, so selling one for $175 should be easy.

Edit: Here's the AVS forum discussion thread for the LG LD450: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1257131

Last edited:
Worked for me.

Just make sure you select Amazon as the seller on the right hand side.

Thanks Luxor, I'll be sending this to my dad.

How long is this up for?

Seriously considering it...
You'd be lucky if you get a full 24 hours out of this deal, the best deals always go quick, especially with sellers that have excellent TV return/exchange policies like Amazon.

how does this deal compare to the panny g25?
That's an lcd vd plasma question, everyone will give you a different answer.

That topic is often discussed in the flat panel tech forum here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=40

You'd be lucky if you get a full 24 hours out of this deal, the best deals always go quick, especially with sellers that have excellent TV return/exchange policies like Amazon.

Well I get paid @ midnight... haha...

Worked for me.

Just make sure you select Amazon as the seller on the right hand side.

Thanks Luxor, I'll be sending this to my dad.

Where? I don't see any option - it's only shipping from Electronics Expo. Maybe I missed it. :(

Last edited:
I selected both from Amazon went through the checkout and it was $700.

I picked Amazon for both and it worked for me. Looks like they raised the price of the tivo though (shows as $211.10 for me). Here was the price in my cart:

Items: $711.08
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$59.38
Promotion Applied: -$140.62

Total Before Tax: $511.08
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00

Order Total: $511.08

if anybody only wants the Tivo, let me know. My dad could use a new tv.

I've been looking for a good deal on a decent TV, thanks OP. It looks like I won't be getting these until the end of November, so I guess I can cancel if something else comes up. Hopefully I can sell the Tivo, since I don't really want to pay fees to subscribe.

If you can sell the tivo you get a 42" 1080p set for 350? I don't even think I need a tv @_@

Last edited:
i wouldn't count on getting $150 for the tivo.

I'd like to sell it for $100.

the new tivo premiere is all over many city craigslists for $180-250 (even $260 in nyc) new in the box. You can easily get $150... $100 can be had for the older tivo it appears on craigslist.

thats hot, about $375 or so for a quality brand 1080p 42 incher if you plan to sell the tivo premiere

This seems to be working with other LG tvs as well. I tried with LG 52LD550 52-Inch and it worked.

I've been meaning to pull the trigger on the 42LD450 for a while now. This finally made me do it!

Hoping to get $100 for the tivo and a S-IPS screen!

Last edited:
Edit:
It looks like the TV has to be sold and shipped by Amazon to work.

Last edited:

Priced checked brand new unopened Tivo's on Ebay last night and the cheapest seller had em for $180 shipped. $170-$175 shipped would be a fairly quick sale since that's the price of some of their opened box units.

I'd probably advise against selling it too cheap ~$125-$150 since you get raped with paying shipping and Ebay fees.

Back