Is VisionTek Good?

joebobsteve

Weaksauce
Edit: Ok upon further research, it turns out VisionTek is quite terrible.

Anyone have any thoughts on VisionTek? Ive never purchased anything from them but always thought of them as one of the top ATI vendors but there dont seem to be many reviews of their cards online.

1. Their reference 5870 has no vendor sticker on them which looks great.

2. They claim to have a lifetime warranty though I havent heard anyone praise them for it, only XFX.

3. Some say their support is terrible and warranty is long or sometimes not honored.

4. The new Visiontek that makes ATI cards is not the same Visiontek that went bankrupt while making Nvidia cards.

Im going to be buying the reference model anyway so quality shouldnt matter. I just need to know if the company is good. I believe they are based in North America but dont quote me on that.

Last edited:
warranty:http://www.visiontek.com/support/warranty.html

company: About VisionTek Products, LLC

VisionTek is a leading supplier of PC enhancement products to retailers and Consumers. Based out of East Dundee, IL, VisionTek brings the most innovative and best performing products to the PC enthusiast consumer market and further committed to exemplary customer service and support for all of our products. VisionTek's award winning brand has been a leader for years and continues to set the standard for excellence in the market. VisionTek products can be found at leading retailers, distributors, PC system builders and e-commerce sites in North America.

:D

this is not reference: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9162&cm_re=hd_5870_1gb-_-14-129-162-_-Product

If you are not certain, unless you have a good deal, why not just buy XFX or ASUS or Sapphire? All have good warranty service and support.

Are you sure your getting a reference card? A lot of the online vendors are selling non-reference Visiontek 5850's while still using the reference card for the picture. Its probably because Visiontek was shady and switched to a non-reference card but kept the same upc and part number. Don't know if this is true for their 5870s.

There have been plenty of issues with their warranty support, myself included, just search here and find a lot more. They charge for shipping both directions and you may never get your card back. It is impossible to get in touch with anyone to actually help you.

I'd never buy anything from them again personally, especially a $300+ card.

when my x1900 died it took them 4 months to get me my RMA but they bumped me up to a x1900XT or something, the next level up.

i've had a x850xt pe visiontek and it's still living strong. but... i think that was old visiontek.. i think they went through a company change or something.

VisionTek is a terrible company. I'm sure the card will work as good as any other card, but if you have problems, good luck.

I say go with them if the price is cheaper. They've been around for a while with no major complaints, and since you're buying a reference card, you're getting a reliable, proven card so you shouldn't have to worry to much about dealing with customer service.

I've been using a VisionTek card for the past 2 years (ATI 4850) and I'm fine with it (although its a reference card).

whats reference video card mean?

Reference cards are video cards provided to board partners by ATi or nVidia. The board partners usually just slap their stickers on it and pack it up. Non-reference cards are custom made (PCB/Cooler) by the board partners.

whats reference video card mean?

Total stock video card made with a vanilla GPU chip set to perform at stock clock speeds, the heatsink and fan are the original design as is the PCB the card is built upon. Many times the entire card is made by a third party to exact AMD or Nvidia specifications and sent out to the vendors, where they are re-branded and retail packaged.
Often the "reference" cards are the first release models. Over time the various vendors will modify the card to their liking, increasing clock speeds, changing heatsinks, or the like.

Back