o AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology
 OpenCLSupport
 DirectCompute 11
 Accelerated video encoding, transcoding, and upscaling2
o UVD 3 dedicated video playback accelerator
o Enhanced Video Quality features
 Advanced post-processing and scaling
 Dynamic contrast enhancement and color correction
 Brighter whites processing (Blue Stretch)
 Independent video gamma control
 Dynamic video range control
 AMD HD3D technology
o Stereoscopic 3D display/glasses support
o Blu-ray 3D support
o Stereoscopic 3D gaming
o 3rd party Stereoscopic 3D middleware software support
 AMD CrossFireX™ multi-GPU technology5
o Dual GPU scaling3
 Cutting-edge integrated display support
o Integrated dual-link DVI output with HDCP
o Integrated DisplayPort 1.2 output
o Integrated HDMI 1.4a with support for stereoscopic 3D
o Integrated VGA output
 Integrated HD audio controller
o Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required
o Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats
 AMD PowerPlay™ power management technology
o Dynamic power management with low power idle state
o Ultra-low power state support for multi-GPU configurations
 AMD Catalyst™ graphics and HD video configuration software
o Certified drivers for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
o AMD Catalyst™ Control Center - AMD Catalyst™ software application and user interface for setup, configuration, and accessing features of ATI Radeon products.
o Unified Graphics display driver - AMD Catalyst™ software enabling other PC programs and devices to use advanced graphics, video, and features of AMD Radeon™ products.

http://bbs.expreview.com/viewthread.php?tid=37063&from=recommend_f
Looks good. Specially like the 4 display output capability, 3d blu-ray and full HD Audio through HDMI. Can't wait

How do you think those people get these leaks?
Do you think they work in the factory where the boxes are made and they just jot down the specs on the box?
I am assuming most of those cards are made in some Asian country.

Cool info btw.

This was most likely taken from the media presentation PDF. The presentation has been ready for a few weeks.

Maybe I am confused but I remember my 4670 being able to do full LPCM 7.1 and the 5x series can do Bitstreaming. Is it a higher rate or something?

As far as HTPC stuff goes I want to see if the lowest cost 6x card has enough oomph to do Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing on 1080i content. That is a big want for many folks it seems. (Personally I don't notice a difference but to each his own) But I am tired of having to recommend the 5670 and having the GT 240 even in the same picture.

What is going to make these cards sell like hotcakes tho is the 3D Bluray support and HDMI 1.4a Right now nothing can touch that.

I'm confused about the HDMI stuff, too.
My 5870 will do 3D via PowerDVD 10 as far as I know (I don't have a 3D-TV) but I know it'll do all of the lossless codecs (DTS Master, Dolby HD, LPCM, etc.)
What was added there?

Your card can output 3D likely the same way a PS3 can but it is not the correct 3D which requires HDMI 1.4 I heard the PS3 is almost the same quality as the dedicated ones using 1.4 but some people want the best.

However the BIG BIG issue is that it cant decode MVC which means the CPU has to decode. And as it is a 50 percent overhead over existing content that can put HUGE loads on the CPU very quickly.

The 6x series is supposed to have a revised UVD chip that can decode it. That will likely need a bit more die space compared to the older UVD but alas worth it for 3D.

Wow this sounds awesome. They mention 3d like they will really make it an initiative. I hope they add eyefinity plus stereo 3d at the same time in this gen. I think the tech really looks promising.

I also hope it's true these will arrive October 14th. I might just pick up 3 of the 5870s along with a totally new build. Depending on the driver support, I'm sure Kyle/Brent are already planning a Crossfire driver performance for 6000 series article as soon as these cards come out and they can get a handful. :D Hey wait, who's to say they dont have a handful of them right now;)

Nvidia got 3d going, ati got tri displays going. Now both need to refine BOTH and may the bets company win and the consumer as well! :D

This time around, I wonder if you'll be able to use VGA, DVI, and HDMI to run Eyefinity on older monitors, circumventing the need for a displayport adapter.

Wow this sounds awesome. They mention 3d like they will really make it an initiative. I hope they add eyefinity plus stereo 3d at the same time in this gen. I think the tech really looks promising.

I also hope it's true these will arrive October 14th. I might just pick up 3 of the 5870s along with a totally new build. Depending on the driver support, I'm sure Kyle/Brent are already planning a Crossfire driver performance for 6000 series article as soon as these cards come out and they can get a handful. :D Hey wait, who's to say they dont have a handful of them right now;)

Just so you arent sad when it comes out. The launch cards are the 6750 and 6770. However if you want 5850 level performance the revised and expanded stream processors and vastly improved memory have the 6770 beating the 5850 slightly according to rumor.

Do wait for more official info (And ignore the crap that says 6870 is weaker than a 5850) tho in my opinion a mid to late November launch of the 6870 and 6850 is not completely out of the picture.

we'll see about the drivers, I hope to high heaven that it scales better in CFX than the 58xx does

Nvidia got 3d going, ati got tri displays going. Now both need to refine BOTH and may the bets company win and the consumer as well! :D

You are a few months late. Sapphire already showed off 3d eyefinity (with a single card) several months ago.
http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech/sapphire-shows-3d-gaming-multiple-monitors-25-06-2010
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/26/sapphire-makes-multi-monitor-3d-gaming-a-reality-with-a-single-v/

This time around, I wonder if you'll be able to use VGA, DVI, and HDMI to run Eyefinity on older monitors, circumventing the need for a displayport adapter.

It can output to 4 devices so I'd say yes.
 Cutting-edge integrated display support
o Integrated dual-link DVI output with HDCP
o Integrated DisplayPort 1.2 output
o Integrated HDMI 1.4a with support for stereoscopic 3D
o Integrated VGA output

Hopefully, this baby will be available in volume before the end of the year...

Hopefully, this baby will be available in volume before the end of the year...

All indications are that 40nm yield is now good at TSMC. (Took em long enough) There is always the inital rush that causes areas to sell everything they have on hard for a few weeks. But I personally doubt we will see the months of lack of supply and super high prices ala 5x.

Hopefully they get crossfire up to snuff, if so im in for two 6870's, if not ill pick up another 480.

Indications are that the 6870 is going to be an absolute monster by itself. Something tells me to doubt you will need 2.

Um, this is [H] someone will go w/ 4....just saying

Doubtful. Memory will be good but not enough to support 4 on 1 set with good scaling in my opinion.

Tho yes someone will try to create a room heater to keep up with the power sucking Nvidia crowd. Power companies hate you all. :p

Doubtful. Memory will be good but not enough to support 4 on 1 set with good scaling in my opinion.

Tho yes someone will try to create a room heater to keep up with the power sucking Nvidia crowd. Power companies hate you all. :p

they hate the folders more....rather i think they love us all.................

Also PLP (portrait landscape portrait) for 2 side monitors having different width resolutions than middle one. really hope for that!

Looking forward to a $250 6830 2GB :D

ps: the rumors now are so strong it is hard to deny. looks like barts is so good they're calling it 6800 rather than 6700. meaning cayman is so good they can call it 6900 and may not even need to produce a dual chip card.

but semiaccurate may still be right and barts will be 6700. WE SHALL SEE!

ps: the rumors now are so strong it is hard to deny. looks like barts is so good they're calling it 6800 rather than 6700. meaning cayman is so good they can call it 6900 and may not even need to produce a dual chip card.

but semiaccurate may still be right and barts will be 6700. WE SHALL SEE!

How many times has that bullcrap rumor been shot down? The 6770 IS barts and WILL launch first. AND compete with the GTX 460. Please stop spreading BS.

Wow, not the first time I have seen support for AAC audio bitstreaming. But, where in the heck exists a receiver that supports AAC bitstream decoding?!? Mine supports about 99999999 formats, AAC NOT being one of them.

I gotta say it's a great idea, as DTS and DD are so old AAC blows them away for quality/size with a decent encoder.

Can you explain what you mean by that? What makes AAC better than LPCM 7.1?

Time to buy 3 displays :)

I just picked up two U2311's :D. They got here Tuesday and I'm probably gonna pick up the third this weekend. I was gonna wait till novemeber and pick it up with the new cards but I can't wait!

So ..off-topic a bit...but....would a single 6870 be powerful enough to run FF14 x3 monitors at 1920x1200 with a sustained 60 fps? At least from 'what its sounding like?' and also curious if it would do so in 3D...which I know is not supported now but culd be added in the future.

 AMD HD3D technology
o Stereoscopic 3D display/glasses support
o Blu-ray 3D support
o Stereoscopic 3D gaming
o 3rd party Stereoscopic 3D middleware software support

Has ATI given any news regarding these bullets and expanded a bit more on what/how 3D will work on their cards? I'm just curious was I'm running a 5870 right now and wouldn't mind 3D for WoW since WoW is always so cpu limited, I could easily see getting acceptable frame-rates even with 3D and some AA turned on if I keep the resolution down to reasonable levels.

Back