LG/Zenith Z50PJ240 50" 720P Plasma $513 AC + Tax at Kmart B&M

SJetski71

Fully [H]
Yes, you read the title correctly, but it's sold out online, so you'd have to buy online and use the local in-store pickup option, if your local store still has them in stock that is.

Zenith was purchased by LG a few years ago and their plasmas are made by LG.

Coupon code: 10PTV

Link to the Z50PJ240 Plasma: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_012W022789510001P

As for resolution, the Kmart site claims 1024x768 rectangular pixels (plasma 720P) but everyone else online is claiming an actual 1365x768 square pixels which, if true, is better for PQ and more PC friendly. People at AVS/Fatwallet/Slickdeals have claimed that's what their PC videocards are reporting and that the picture looks sharpest that way... Don't know if that's bullet-proof but it's fairly good evidence imho. It also makes sense because LG is supposedly not producing a 50" 1024x768 panel in 2010 but who really knows for sure?

For reference purposes, the current low end 50" Panasonic C2 plasma is only 1024x768 and it's price ranges between $625-$700.

The TV menu supposedly has lots of picture tweaking options.

Last edited:
720p is low....

But I am using a 720p projector on a 100" screen sitting around 14' away and it looks great.

I will get a 1080p soon but it is fine with 720p

Sounds like a low resolution.
The deal is for a 720P plasma. The debate here is if the TV is 1366x768 as PC users are reporting, or Kmart's specs (1024x768) which seem to be a misprint.

From ~ 8ft and beyond people would supposedly never see the difference between 720P and 1080P. If someone doesn't fall in this usage category then this TV is not for them, plain and simple ;)

Lets not turn this into a 1080P vs 720P debate. This is a phenomenal deal on a 50" 720P plasma, and that's what counts. Head over to the AVS forums and you'll see people gobbling up 50" 720P plasmas all day long.

Last edited:
to sweet of a deal for me, my current TV is a 32inch sanyo i got 15 years ago. it only has a single coax input. it was time.

720P? F that. I made that mistake 4 years ago...never doing that again. You can pick up a 50 inch 1080p for $850. fyi

720P? F that. I made that mistake 4 years ago...never doing that again. You can pick up a 50 inch 1080p for $850. fyi
Irrelevant trolling, this deal is for a 50" 720P plasma for $513 + tax, which is $337 less than $850, a mega hot deal. Otherwise refer to post #4 please so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves.

And for 40% less, you can get this same-size TV. Your choice.

My parents were needing a TV for their new house, had Dad pick one up today. For their usage (and eyes ;) ), won't ever notice the difference between 720P and 1080P.

Hot deal.

My parents were needing a TV for their new house, had Dad pick one up today. For their usage (and eyes ;) ), won't ever notice the difference between 720P and 1080P.

Hot deal.
Glad your parents were able to save a few bucks, or upgrade to the higher size.

As for "their eyes", from what i understand the TV has lots of picture quality adjustments available, and in the right hands it can probably be calibrated to a really nice picture, hopefully their eyes are still good enough to appreciate it ;)

Did they pick up the extra 2 years of warranty for $50? Well worth the protection and it's probably still not too late if they hadn't purchased it, there may be the usual 30 day after purchase limit though.

You made that mistake 4 years ago.. LMAO.. So its 2010 & Where can you get 1080p broadcasts from? Oh wait.. Nobody... 720p vs 1080p comes down to are you buying it for TV or for blue rays.

You made that mistake 4 years ago.. LMAO.. So its 2010 & Where can you get 1080p broadcasts from? Oh wait.. Nobody... 720p vs 1080p comes down to are you buying it for TV or for blue rays.

Was thinking the same thing. Unless you're going to game or watch BD's you are gaining nothing by having a 1080p TV. Of course everybody would rather have the 1080p vs 720p given the choice. But that isn't what this thread is about.

Was thinking the same thing. Unless you're going to game or watch BD's you are gaining nothing by having a 1080p TV. Of course everybody would rather have the 1080p vs 720p given the choice. But that isn't what this thread is about.
Even with Blu-Ray, if you're watching from that further distance you'll never be able to tell the difference. I'm sure the most eagle-eyed amongst us would disagree but most people do not have better than 20/20 vision.

And i wouldn't consider 1365x768 a total slouch with games either, most especially with console games.

The whole thing here is seating distance, what is the average distance a proposed buyer will sit from their TV?

Otherwise, to each their own :)

Last edited:
Only problem I can see is that it's not listed on Zenith's site anywhere...nor are ANY of their plasmas.

SEARS states that it's 1024 res as well but I can't find any 'actual' specs for it. Great deal for the size though..wish I could afford to buy my aunt/uncle one right now. =/

DEAD DEAL. (YMMV)

Dad went to pick up his TV today, and was told that his order is being canceled and his credit card refunded. (After being told "sure, it's right over there on that cart, ready for you!")

It was explained that the coupon code was "a mistake." The "IT department" caught the error and is apparently warning stores about it. They will NOT be honoring sales.

I call BS. They accepted the order and accepted payment. It would be one thing if this was a 75% off coupon (a likely mistake), or a faked/modified paper coupon (fraud), or if they canceled the order before billing his card.

They set the price, they issued the coupon, they accepted the coupon, they accepted (and processed) payment. If I was a real ass, I'd pursue it.

Oh well, now looking for another good deal on a ~50" LCD or Plasma.

i ordered mine at like 1:30 am yesterday on 29th and picked it up today just a new minutes ago. it is 1365x768 with hdmi from video card.

I considered getting in on this but the nearest Kmart with one in stock was 60 miles away. Oh well, looks like I will have to wait until Black Friday.

DEAD DEAL. (YMMV)

Dad went to pick up his TV today, and was told that his order is being canceled and his credit card refunded. (After being told "sure, it's right over there on that cart, ready for you!")

It was explained that the coupon code was "a mistake." The "IT department" caught the error and is apparently warning stores about it. They will NOT be honoring sales.

I call BS. They accepted the order and accepted payment. It would be one thing if this was a 75% off coupon (a likely mistake), or a faked/modified paper coupon (fraud), or if they canceled the order before billing his card.

They set the price, they issued the coupon, they accepted the coupon, they accepted (and processed) payment. If I was a real ass, I'd pursue it.

Oh well, now looking for another good deal on a ~50" LCD or Plasma.
Still "seems" to be working here, after applying the coupon it even posts the message "Save 10% off all TVs Sold by Kmart. Discount seen in cart! See Details" .

Hopefully your situation was just an isolated incident.

In stock and code working a few minutes ago for me in Central Ohio. But, I'm not ready to buy unfortunately...:(

In stock and code working a few minutes ago for me in Central Ohio.

I never said the code wasn't still accepted on the site, just that your store may refuse to complete the sale - that's what happened to me. (my father, specifically)

Top post (and title) should be changed to reflect this possibility.

Back