The Antec Lanboy Air

Antec_Jessie

Official Antec Representative
Today marks the official launch of the Antec Lanboy Air.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzA0MzIx

We have a product tour video here:

http://bit.ly/bRwZUV

The Lanboy Air is a modular, open-air mid-tower case. It weighs in at 20lbs out of the box and can support up to fifteen 120mm fans. In the US, the Lanboy Air will be available in blue and yellow.

If you have any questions or comments for me about the Lanboy Air, fire away.

Last edited:
That looks truly innovative...if you made one big enough to hold an evga SR-2 I would be all over it, even if the price was kind of high.

I like that HDD mounting system. I wonder if they could make a "cleaner" and "sleeker" looking case based on the same principles.

i freaking love it! you can mount like ten radiators in that case. its truly a revolutionary design, and i love that you guys are thinking outside the box over there at antec. its really refreshing to see you making something completely unprecedented here. and i think im seeing it at $185, which isnt a bad price at all for something that looks like it might be the best-cooling case ever. what materials does it use? aluminum frame and plastic pieces? thanks again antec for thinking outside the box in a way that hasnt been done before. and wheres our red option? im kinda hurt.

i freaking love it! you can mount like ten radiators in that case. its truly a revolutionary design, and i love that you guys are thinking outside the box over there at antec. its really refreshing to see you making something completely unprecedented here. and i think im seeing it at $185, which isnt a bad price at all for something that looks like it might be the best-cooling case ever. what materials does it use? aluminum frame and plastic pieces? thanks again antec for thinking outside the box in a way that hasnt been done before. and wheres our red option? im kinda hurt.

Steel, not aluminum for the frame.

I hope a black or grey model will come out. Other than the color choices, I do like the case.

Can you mount two 120.3 radiators on both the right and left side of the case at the same time?

Can every part of the case be taken apart with a screwdriver, or is it riveted? Or are just the outer panels able to be taken off? I want to know because I travel a bit, and want to just toss the pieces into my luggage.

That looks truly innovative...if you made one big enough to hold an evga SR-2 I would be all over it, even if the price was kind of high.

+1. Well, depended on the price for me. ;)
I do like it though. Very utilitarian, I dig that. Like the color scheme, actually...yellow and dark gray go together well IMHO.

Can you mount two 120.3 radiators on both the right and left side of the case at the same time?

Can every part of the case be taken apart with a screwdriver, or is it riveted? Or are just the outer panels able to be taken off? I want to know because I travel a bit, and want to just toss the pieces into my luggage.

#1 Unfortunately not.

#2 You can strip the case down to just the frame with a phillips screwdriver.

#1 Unfortunately not.

#2 You can strip the case down to just the frame with a phillips screwdriver.

I see. I asked because the person in this review was able to fit two 120.3 radiators on what appears to be both sides, but he said he spent a few hours tinkering and "making brackets." So, I guess that means his dual setup will not work without a little modding?

I see. I asked because the person in this review was able to fit two 120.3 radiators on what appears to be both sides, but he said he spent a few hours tinkering and "making brackets." So, I guess that means his dual setup will not work without a little modding?

I should have tempered my response a bit. Of course, if you're willing to modify the case and make your own brackets, you could fit a dual rad system in there..but it's not something that you can just open the box and slap right in.

Today marks the official launch of the Antec Lanboy Air.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzA0MzIx

We have a product tour video here:

http://bit.ly/bRwZUV

The Lanboy Air is a modular, open-air mid-tower case. It weighs in at 20lbs out of the box and can support up to fifteen 120mm fans. In the US, the Lanboy Air will be available in blue and yellow.

If you have any questions or comments for me about the Lanboy Air, fire away.

I live in Japan and have seen this case for over a month already lol :p How did they get it there? They have a bunch on display at the Deo Deo in Hiroshima.

I wanted one the Black and Red one :D

I'd really have to see this case in-person to know if I'd like it. I usually hate mesh type cases but this one intrigues me.

Guess we'd finally have a reason to go with the DFI/Biostar MBs with the yellow color scheme lol.

I'd really have to see this case in-person to know if I'd like it. I usually hate mesh type cases but this one intrigues me.

Guess we'd finally have a reason to go with the DFI/Biostar MBs with the yellow color scheme lol.

Like I said before, I have seen this case in person in Japan. Its awesome and I definitely want one. I was going to get a bigger case but this is the one that will get my money for sure. Im pretty sure they have the Red one on sale in Japan. I go back to Japan on friday, so this weekend I will know for sure. Perhaps I will be able to buy them and ship them back for people who want the Red one.

I agree -- when I saw the color (and heard the name), I immediately thought of the DFI Lan Party with its yellow and green accents. It's a shame DFI has seemed to stop making them last time I read up on it (not sure if that is still the case from the article I read, but I did just take a look on Google Shopping and hardly anyone is selling their X58 mATX board anymore). Would have gone together very well I would think. This case may give MDPC-X some more orders for the yellow sleeving at least. :)

mine comes tomorrow, i am not sure which color they are sending me. but i am going to build a system and post a worklog here with a lot of pics.

Antec_Jesse,
I see that you said the case can be stripped down to the frame. Can the frame itself be dis-assembled? As in being able to paint the colored pieces say black? Is it screwed together or riveted?

Ever since this case was first announced almost a year ago, tons of people hated on it. *shrug* I think the LBA's concept is great, so long as dust isn't a concern. Fill the thing up with loads of 500-900 rpm fans, ssds (no mechanical hdds) and proper cpu/gpu coolers and this thing should be excellent for staying near ambient room temps with minimal noise.

since its all mesh, you dont need exhaust fans. it wont take much positive pressure to blow most dust out.

What I really want to know is will this allow me to use my TRUE 120 ?

Antec_Jesse,
I see that you said the case can be stripped down to the frame. Can the frame itself be dis-assembled? As in being able to paint the colored pieces say black? Is it screwed together or riveted?

I'll try to answer these questions if Antec_Jessie isn't able to later today when I go through my Antec Lanboy Air:
IMG_7022.jpg

Now should I continue with my review in this thread or a separate thread?

Antec_Jesse,

The case does have rivets on the bottom which would make disassembling the entire frame a challenge, to say the least.

There is clearance for a 160mm CPU cooler if there are no fans installed in the door. If there are fans installed in the door, then it's 150mm clearance. The TRUE 120 is listed at 160.5.

Now should I continue with my review in this thread or a separate thread?

I really like the look with the blue accents. Please make your own review thread on this so we can give it some more attention.

The case does have rivets on the bottom which would make disassembling the entire frame a challenge, to say the least.

There is clearance for a 160mm CPU cooler if there are no fans installed in the door. If there are fans installed in the door, then it's 150mm clearance. The TRUE 120 is listed at 160.5.

Question about this. Is the HSF 150mm limitation if there are any fans at all in the side? Or just in the upper most pannel?

I guess what im asking is can I still have 2x 120mm fans on the side by the Graphics cards?

Question about this. Is the HSF 150mm limitation if there are any fans at all in the side? Or just in the upper most pannel?

I guess what im asking is can I still have 2x 120mm fans on the side by the Graphics cards?

It's a limitation only if you're using the upper panel.

Let's see. A bunch of mesh all over the place. The case is going to be a DUST magnet. A bunch of 120mm fans all over the place that are unfiltered. And because of all the mesh and all the 120mm fans needed for very good cooling, this will be a very loud case, and within it will be much easier to hear your CPU fan and GPU fan thanks mesh galore. Plastic all over the place. Cable management doesn't look the best. And the case aesthetically looks like it was designed by a 5th grader who can't lay off the pipe.

Let's see. A bunch of mesh all over the place. The case is going to be a DUST magnet. A bunch of 120mm fans all over the place that are unfiltered. And because of all the mesh and all the 120mm fans needed for very good cooling, this will be a very loud case, and within it will be much easier to hear your CPU fan and GPU fan thanks mesh galore. From what I can see, no cut-out in the mobo tray for the hsf's retention brackets. Plastic all over the place. Cable management doesn't look the best. And the case aesthetically looks like it was designed by a 5th grader who can't lay off the pipe.

We have no 5th graders on staff. We adhere to child labor laws.

While I can't argue personal preference, I will say that dust hasn't been an issue for us in testing. We've found that because of the open air design, there's no place for the dust to get trapped. If you use your LBA on a regular basis, the dust gets moved out pretty easily by the fans.

No, this isn't going to be a silent case, and we're not advertising it as that. If you want quiet, we still offer the Sonata lineup of cases as well as the P193.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but there's something about this case that really appeals to me. Especially the Blue and Red versions. I find it odd that I like this case as I'm all about classic, smooth clean lines with zero bling or windows.

The case does look like it's perfect for water cooling. Maybe enough to push me to finally changing over from air to water.

We have no 5th graders on staff. We adhere to child labor laws.

HAHAHA This has me rolling :D.

I hate to say it, but there's something about this case that really appeals to me. Especially the Blue and Red versions. I find it odd that I like this case as I'm all about classic, smooth clean lines with zero bling or windows.

That describes me as well, I'm looking at the 800d/700d ,FT02 ,FT01, LL x900 but something about this case has me thinking about it along with all those beautiful, classy cases.

I really like it. However....is it possible to strip everything down so you can paint the frame a different color? I'm thinking like the brushed aluminum look.....

I've got one on the way as well, and if it's delivered before the end of the week as it should be, I'll probably have some kind of review up over the weekend. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of any cases Antec has released since the P182, but this looks like a really unique and interesting design compared to what else is out there. I'm not crazy about the aesthetics, but I'm anxious to get my hands on it and see what it's like to actually work with the modularity aspect of it.

Back