Dell U2311H Gaming?

Shivers

n00b
Hi I am considering purchasing this monitor, does anybody have any experience regarding gaming with it? I am wondering if it has problematic input lag or ghosting? thanks.

Ghosting - maybe. Input lag, no. I've dumped my opinions on my U2311H all over this forum, already :p

I am in the same boat as you, and have found mixed reviews online--some say it works perfectly fine, others say it will ghost in FPS. I am still thinking about buying two of them, unless I can find some damn 16:10 monitors.

Just to clear up what I said - I kept this over an ASUS VK246H for one thing, and one thing only - less eyestrain for me. Everything else was equivilent, except the ASUS seemed to wash out every color (TN Panel).

Otherwise, I find no difference in gaming between the two. SC2 and Halo Wars/Reach are all I play, however (xbox console is on my desk). I'm not really "competitive" in gaming, so I probably am the worst metric to base any gaming review off of :p

I got my U2311H about 2 weeks ago. For what it's worth, there's less slightly ghosting on the U2311H than there was on my 5ms TN panel. Input lag is also very low.

Unless you're using an extremely fast TN panel right now for gaming, I highly doubt that you'll notice any motion blur in games. I play Bad Company 2 and other fast-paced games online with no problems.

I have compared the u2311h side by side with a 2ms and 5ms TN, and it does basically perform in between those. There is further evidence of this from other users, as well as camera shot tests done by reviewers.

I can see blurring when moving over "fine detail" (such as text), however this issue is also present on 2ms TNs from my experience. I've had no problems playing TF2 or SC2 with this monitor though.

Back