63031387.jpg

33481650.jpg

44528915.jpg

38469766.jpg

37977385.jpg

13054261.jpg

22601368.jpg

12775605.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my build any comments would be appreciated ;)

Awesome!! Do you have any details on how the HDD is mounted? :D

Yes mate, it was quite easy, I removed the rivits from the top bar and refitted it upside down but you have to drill new holes for the side rivits, but before you refit the top bar you have to drill out the bottom two front holes to 3.5-4mm they are the same spacing as the holes on the side of your harddrive. I fitted 2 small rubber o-rings to each screw to stop vibration through out the case, to secure the bottom of the harddrive I used 2 pieces off 15x10mm angel plates secured to the case and harddrive again with 2 o-rings on each screw as you can see from my pics it fits nice and snug, I hope that helps.

The three 50mm fans are runing at 5v and are completely silent but they are still moving quite a bit of air, as I thought the space between the rear panel and psu was just a bottle neck for heat to escape, it has now got a choice through the psu, rear fans or the side panel. ;)

Yes mate, it was quite easy, I removed the rivits from the top bar and refitted it upside down but you have to drill new holes for the side rivits, but before you refit the top bar you have to drill out the bottom two front holes to 3.5-4mm they are the same spacing as the holes on the side of your harddrive. I fitted 2 small rubber o-rings to each screw to stop vibration through out the case, to secure the bottom of the harddrive I used 2 pieces off 15x10mm angel plates secured to the case and harddrive again with 2 o-rings on each screw as you can see from my pics it fits nice and snug, I hope that helps.
Thank you for responding! :) So the HDD is mounted via three of the side screws? Two screws for carrying the weight, one for stability (the bottom bracket)?

Does the DVD drive bay still fit after that? I think it can, from what I can see. :)

Thank you very much!

Your'e welcome mate, yes the drive plate still fits. I have just got to mod it too fit a single 2.5 hd there is plenty of space between the fan and the psu.

Your'e welcome mate, yes the drive plate still fits. I have just got to mod it too fit a single 2.5 hd there is plenty of space between the fan and the psu.

Ahhh... thank you! That is an awesome build, and I really don't have much more to say, lol :(

Very well built (I'd say overbuilt, that but has a negative connotation), lots of headroom for.. anything, really (well, short of a HD5970, :p).

I had a similar idea regarding the 3 50mm fans since with the H50 fan in-taking you have a lot of heat build up. I just reversed the fan on my H50 to expel the heat to the front. Temps are overall the same for the CPU, but the northbridge and other components are quite cooler.

Nice work!

Well built sir, that is a freakin work of art. I wish I had the patience for that type of cable management. What did you come up for the 2.5 HDD?

thats cool, did you paint that yourself?

im wondering why you cut a hole in the front of the case, from the pics it looks like theres enough room to take but in and out fans for the cpu cooler?

also, does that mean your taking the cool air through the radiator passing it another fan then putting Hot air into the rest of the case? ( please can you show how the air follows through in which directions)

good job!

I had a similar idea regarding the 3 50mm fans since with the H50 fan in-taking you have a lot of heat build up. I just reversed the fan on my H50 to expel the heat to the front. Temps are overall the same for the CPU, but the northbridge and other components are quite cooler.

Nice work!

Thanks but to be honest there is not a lot of heat build up. With the hard drive and graphics card where they are, there is a nice tunnel effect over the mother board and the three fans are their to assist the psu with the push/pull through the case

juden666

Well built sir, that is a freakin work of art. I wish I had the patience for that type of cable management. What did you come up for the 2.5 HDD?

Thanks, I fitted the dvd tray and fitted a single 2.5 hhd underneath. I will upload some more pics later but you cant see the hard drive

itxnoob

thats cool, did you paint that yourself?

im wondering why you cut a hole in the front of the case, from the pics it looks like theres enough room to take but in and out fans for the cpu cooler?

also, does that mean your taking the cool air through the radiator passing it another fan then putting Hot air into the rest of the case? ( please can you show how the air follows through in which directions)

good job!

Thanks, I did paint it myself, just base coat and lacor. I had to fit the front fan out of the case because to get the clearance between the radiator and the graphics card and yes its a push/pull front to rear

Back