TigerDirect.com Hot Deals 8/10 - 8/12

TigerDirect

Official Hot Deals Customer Service
bluelogo.gif

PC COMPONENT DEALS

EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB Video Card & Diablotek PHD 550W ATX Power Supply Bundle
Current Price: $99.99 - $30MIR = 69.99
Price after $10 Coupon Code ZMY4747 = $59.99
Coupon Code expires on 8/12

Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 505-Watt 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System with 10-inch Subwoofer,and Wireless Remote
Current Price: $299.99
Price after $10 Coupon Code CGQ4750 = $289.99 + Free Shipping

Galaxy 70XKH3HS8GUX GeForce GTX 470 Video Card - 1280MB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, HDMI, SLI, DirectX 11
Current Price: $299.99 - $30MIR = $269.99
Price after $30 Coupon Code SAY4753 = $239.99 + Free Shipping

OCZ OCZSSD2-2VTXE90G Vertex 2 Solid State Drive - 90GB, 2.5", SATA II, 3.5" Desktop Bracket
Current Price: $254.99 - $15MIR = $239.99
Price after $20 Coupon Code ZCC4759 = $219.99

Last edited:
Urge to purchase a second 470 GTX rising.... But I don't really need all that power......but that deal is really good...

coupon code: say4753 is not valid.

was anyone successful on using that coupon code for the GTX 470?

I bought two of the GTX 470's a few weeks ago from TD. SLI action = your PC is officially a leaf blower. Got waterblocks for them, added to triple rad loop, now cool, quiet, and OC like mad. They are a great setup, but beware that 70db is realistically too loud for a PC unless you plan to use noise isolating headphones whenever you are near the PC.

I bought two of the GTX 470's a few weeks ago from TD. SLI action = your PC is officially a leaf blower. Got waterblocks for them, added to triple rad loop, now cool, quiet, and OC like mad. They are a great setup, but beware that 70db is realistically too loud for a PC unless you plan to use noise isolating headphones whenever you are near the PC.

I really wish there was a H50/70 solution for video cards. My PC runs cool, it's my 470GTX that gets hot. SLI just complicates matters at this moment.

I just put my order in for the 470, this will be faster than 2x 8800GTs (overclocked 20% over stock), right?

That's what i am worrying about, but the 470 is only $30 more than the 460 (1Gb).

i'm searching, but i'll ask any ways... does the 470 push out heat like the old 260?

Just a little... :p

Oh, thought you were getting two 470s. In that case I have no idea!

Yeah me either, I got a pair of Gigabyte 8800GTs with the G92 architecture, custom copper Zalman coolers running at basically GTX+ speeds. Read a few places that 8800GT SLI was around a 280 or a 285 so hopefully I will feel this increase as I am hesitant to go with SLI on the GF100 series.

You should have just gotten a new case, it would have saved you money.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...=5633705&sku=S35-2020&srkey=silverstone raven

I don't see the Raven 2 at Tiger, but Newegg has stock. That is the one I am using now. It quiets the beasts due to tremendous airflow.

GTX 480 SLI raises my office temp by 5 degrees F. These cards are friggin hot.

someone should do a thermodynamic calculation to figure out how much that raises your power consumption for A/C. They should just call the 480 "environmental doom".
Only for part of the year. The other part of the year they become merely part of the house's heating system :)

I wish there was a version of the Raven that fit the SR2.

Only for part of the year. The other part of the year they become merely part of the house's heating system :)

I wish there was a version of the Raven that fit the SR2.

Do you just aim the back of your case into central air intake or what? ;)

Do you just aim the back of your case into central air intake or what? ;)
nope the opposite. I stack all my computers in the finished part of my basement/office. Keeps that part of the house warm, when it would otherwise be pretty cold in the winter.

Nice. I just got this:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6269869&CatId=1510

It works very well for SLI/Xfire. Actually its features are comparable to the 800D, for $100 cheaper (it's $180 at Microcenter)

Still in no way comes close to providing the airflow found in those two SilverStone chassis. Getting cooler air to the GPU is what it is all about in keeping GTX 400 quiet. The Raven 2 setup I have now will keep fans on the 480s at 80% and lower in SLI. Makes living with the fan noise very tolerable.

My Z-5500s are still kicking. While the price here is not awesome, the speakers are. :cool:

Anyone else getting "coupon code could not be verified" using say4753 for the 470, or am I just getting boned?

Anyone else getting "coupon code could not be verified" using say4753 for the 470, or am I just getting boned?

We just tested the coupon code and it seems to be working just fine. Try removing the product from the shopping cart and add it again.

Not only did the coupon code work, but shipping is now free. Thanks! :D

I bit on the 470.

Coupon code works, but make sure you didn't add the 470 with the free Starcraft 2 trial. Its the exact same card but the part number is different, thus coupon code doesn't work.

I bit on the 470.

Coupon code works, but make sure you didn't add the 470 with the free Starcraft 2 trial. Its the exact same card but the part number is different, thus coupon code doesn't work.

hehe, i actually tried it with the SC3 version before i ordered and it didn't work.

Just want to throw this deal out. If you sign up with Border Rewards Perks there is a link to get a $20 gift card from Tigerdirect they email you once your order of $300 or more has shipped ($10 for $200). Its free to sign up with Borders (the bookstore). Just another perk since there is no more Bing there you go....

Got the 470. Love it. Much quieter than my old SLI 8800 GTs and hopefully I can use some of that extra heat to keep my room warmer in the winter.

Are you on our folding at home team by any chance?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back