Insulation for water block is finished!

EricFX1984

[H]ard|Gawd
I have been trying to figure out the best way to insulate my water block and now I think I have it figured out

this will be used in a setup with a chiller that hits -24c (or less)
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534223

also the water block is an Intel 775-1156-1366 block that I made an adapter for

DSCF1997.jpg

DSCF1998.jpg

DSCF1999.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2003.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

DSCF2006.jpg

DSCF2007.jpg

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2009.jpg

DSCF2010.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

DSCF2013.jpg

Nice work; that looks like it would do the job. Can't wait to see it in action!

Those look like brillo pads! Are they? I've heard that there are special liquids that you can use to insulate the cpu socket as well as the motherboard pcb. They look very... sticky though. So I'm not sure I'd be down with using that kind of stuff.

It is closed cell foam commonly used in cushioning fragile items inside shipping boxes/containers.

Hmm, thought it looked familiar. Didn't know they had thermal insulating properties though. Just thought they protected from shocks/impacts.

Hmm, thought it looked familiar. Didn't know they had thermal insulating properties though. Just thought they protected from shocks/impacts.

it will work

the main thing is it will make an air tight seal when compressed... well I hope so anyway :p

Worth a try, I think it will work fine. One of my favorite things is to go out into the garage and dig through the mountain of crap I have collected over the years and find something I can use in my machine to solve an issue (other than duct tape, thats too easy).

Back