Apple's Droid X 'Death Grip' Claim: Bogus

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know those Apple ads showing a Droid X “death grip?” Independent testing reveals…*shakes the magic 8 ball* the claims are bogus.

Most recently, Apple showed a death grip on the Motorola Droid X using one hand. We tried the very same experiment last week, and we disagree with Apple's methodology and conclusions in two important ways.

All that comes to mind are these lyrics right now:

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

:D

be sure to watch the PC Mag vid at the bottom of the article. Applying a 'death grip' to the Jelly Dounut was particulary disruptive on signal reception. :D

be sure to watch the PC Mag vid at the bottom of the article. Applying a 'death grip' to the Jelly Dounut was particulary disruptive on signal reception. :D

heh. when I saw the "Standard lane line phone" I was like, what the?! Then with all the other stuff just made it more funny.

"This pink bunny didn't have a chance"

Not sure why Apple keeps harping on this. It's an old issue now, just drop it and move on.

Not sure why Apple keeps harping on this. It's an old issue now, just drop it and move on.

Because they are getting dominated by android right now and the apple fan boys need some way to rationalize the iphone issues.

Because they are getting dominated by android right now and the apple fan boys need some way to rationalize the iphone issues.

In what way are they being dominated by android? I hate the iphone as much as the next guy but that dont mean i make shit up.

Just make sure it's got some protection when you drop it, like a Bumper or something... would sure hate to have to start yet another class action lawsuit over the weak glass on the iPhone 4 too... :D

Yea it's been around for a whole.... month? Definitely ancient history at this point. Time to rejoin the Apple flock since they don't have any pressing issues that aren't "old."

In what way are they being dominated by android? I hate the iphone as much as the next guy but that dont mean i make shit up.
They're not being dominated by Android but Android is growing at a significantly faster rate. Android's worldwide share has grown by 4% or something while iOS's share has barely changed.

LOL.

On a serious note, I had the iPhone 3GS, just switched to the captivate last week. Kinda sad to see in the vid it suffers from attenuation with a 1 handed grip too, but I haven't rally noticed any problems using it so far.

Why would you worry about it? If you dont notice it its no problem.

The captivate is AWESOME

I've been deathgripping my Droid X, but I can't seem to get it to drop signal. What am I doing wrong?

Back