i7 965 XE, should I Trade/Sell?

Evizerate

Limp Gawd
I don't know much about overclocking. I received this chip from my uncle who works at Intel and he gets these chips to test/try. I don't overclock or anything so would it be in my best interest to sell/trade the CPU for a lower end model + whatever? Please give me some much needed advice, thank you! I believe it is the C0 version..

If you don't need it I would go for a i7 920 + cash. Hell you could get a nice video card out of it too. Your Uncle won't be mad at you for doing that will he?

If you don't need it I would go for a i7 920 + cash. Hell you could get a nice video card out of it too. Your Uncle won't be mad at you for doing that will he?

No, he wouldn't. He even suggested that I do that to save money.

Whoever acquired it (if it was an ES) had a contract with Intel which included not selling it. Not illegal.

It is illegal to sell an Intel Engineering Sample. Do a quick google on it and read what many say on each forum and for sale thread. Try selling one on any forum and watch all the responses you get about it being illegal. Intel still technically owns the chips and they are not for public distribution or resale. The person who sold it can be held responsible for breaching their contract with Intel.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-030747.htm

Last edited:
It is illegal to sell an Intel Engineering Sample. Do a quick google on it and read what many say on each forum and for sale thread. Try selling one on any forum and watch all the responses you get about it being illegal. Intel still technically owns the chips and they are not for public distribution or resale. The person who sold it can be held responsible for breaching their contract with Intel.

you could always give it away...... im just saying....

Mines isnt like that, it's like a regular chip.

The OP posted every 55-60 Sec's the last couple of days just so he could post this chip in the F/S section of this forum. Check his profile. I have no problem with you selling or trading stuff but don't spam the forums to get the required post count :(

the XS your reffering to means it is an internal sample and goes by the same rules as ES chips. you might wanna take a pic of the lid and put it in your thread so peeps know what they are actually getting. id hate for it to turn out to be a sample chip. (some of the early samples were a lil buggy if i do recall) i could be wrong, but im throwing it out there cause they sent me an "XS" chip for review around release date. i work for Cisco it was called an "Intel partner eval chip"

Back