BenQ new VW2420/EW2420 VA panel with LED backlight.

It isn't AUO, it is Samsung. It looks like they've moved some of their other form factor products to C-PVA. Very interesting announcement.

Wow, just bought a Huyndai 24" panel yesterday TN, maybe I should return it and wait for these. Any conjectures on price?

VA is better than IPS imo so this sounds really intresting. BenQ usually is affordable also.

Great, I've been waiting for the F2380MX to hit the US (which probably won't even happen) so this will be a good alternative.

Any response time info?

I have the F2380MX, but man would I love to rid of this PX2370 for a fast C-PVA for PC gaming. Hopefully we will be seeing some 120hz C-PVA displays this year. I can see many people not wanting tv's with 120hz C-PVA's and their ridiculous contrast ratio on the market.

Let's just say... I may have a review sample soon ;)

Nice anxiously await your review. I have decided to return my second try at TN and wait for this panel, hopefully it matches what I want in a monitor as much as it seems it will.

Let's just say... I may have a review sample soon ;)

Okay, so you're getting a sample to look at from BenQ, and this thread is a plant to drum up interest. Will that review actually discuss whether the panel is a new AUO 3000:1 MVA or a new format Samsung C-PVA?

Okay, so you're getting a sample to look at from BenQ, and this thread is a plant to drum up interest. Will that review actually discuss whether the panel is a new AUO 3000:1 MVA or a new format Samsung C-PVA?

Bingo! yeah, it's AUO static contrast VA 3000:1 panel indeed. To drum up interest? also correct.. guilty as charged.

Edit: To clear things up, I'm not directly connected to BenQ in any way, I won a random draw contest a long while back to do a user review on their V2400W panel and since then i've gotten some opportunities to review some of their new displays, The VA LED panel this time really does seem like it could be a great display though.

Last edited:
Well, here's to the hope that your review will have some fangs to it and will actually examine important aspects, like the viewing angle traits of this interesting technology.

GTOViper has been doing reviews off and on for over two years. He's not a shill, he's a valued member of the [H] community. I wouldn't worry about fangs. They will be there ;)

Any response time info?

I have the F2380MX, but man would I love to rid of this PX2370 for a fast C-PVA for PC gaming. Hopefully we will be seeing some 120hz C-PVA displays this year. I can see many people not wanting tv's with 120hz C-PVA's and their ridiculous contrast ratio on the market.

From what I've heard it's 6ms G-T-G.

I'm also looking forward to the fact that it is standard sRGB gamut.

GTOViper has been doing reviews off and on for over two years. He's not a shill, he's a valued member of the [H] community. I wouldn't worry about fangs. They will be there ;)

I know this because I've looked at his post history. I'm in favor of this as long as the report is credible, and appropriately in-depth as the technology requires. The writer should also freely share any and all information he has when somebody asks for it.

3000:1 static contrast ratio and led backlit? This promises to be a new step up in image quality if true. I am concerned about input lag, and ghosting, and black crush though. Please make a comparison vs a CRT for best accuracy. Those were my main complaints with my old PVA panel, other than that the image quality was awesome. I currently enjoy my IPS panels, but there's always room for improvement! Any word on pricing and potential availability/release date?

Is this really the first VA monitor with LED backlight? That is a bit surprising.

Wake me when they release a AMVA5 monitor with native 16K contrast and improved viewing angle.

http://thecoolgadgets.com/benq-vw24...rizontal-and-vertical-alignment-led-monitors/

Vertical alignment monitors? What does that mean? And if you flip em to portrait doesn't that change em to horizontal alignment? And why in the world is the base for the monitor stand off center? I don't like that design at all. Hope it has vesa mounts cos I'd get rid of that kind of stand as a matter of principle

Is the aspect ratio 16:10 or 16:9?

PS It's been nearly 2 weeks already where is the review or are you under a NDA until a certain date?

http://thecoolgadgets.com/benq-vw24...rizontal-and-vertical-alignment-led-monitors/

Vertical alignment monitors? What does that mean? And if you flip em to portrait doesn't that change em to horizontal alignment? And why in the world is the base for the monitor stand off center? I don't like that design at all. Hope it has vesa mounts cos I'd get rid of that kind of stand as a matter of principle

Is the aspect ratio 16:10 or 16:9?

PS It's been nearly 2 weeks already where is the review or are you under a NDA until a certain date?

For your first question, read up on some TN vs VA vs IPS articles, there are already plenty of materials on those topics. But generally speaking, TN monitors are frowned upon.

Secondly, It'll be in 16:9 1080p resolution. 1920x1080 for the 24 incher. (1600x900 for the 22 I believe)

Lastly, I don't currently have procession of the review sample... It'll still be a couple more weeks until the unit will be available, as Whoisthisreally previously said, it's more for hyping up the product to let people know it'll be available soon.

Ok cool. So that means that it is a VA technology. But I haven't heard of any VA tech yet that would do 3000:1 static contrast. I hope that means the black levels will be excellent.

I found this little blurb on MVA tech, but from what I've heard MVA in practice isn't as good as the other techs but it sounds good in theory.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/tft-guide,116-4.html

I'd like to see a VA tech that didn't suffer from terrible input lag and black crush. Because the deeper blacks are usually a nice benefit to help make the images look better.

Those show 1000:1 contrast, not 3000:1

hmm well the ones listed in the press release stated 3000:1... odd that they would say 1000:1 in the store. they have the same models names as listed in the press release

The lineup of the 16:9 Full HD VA-panel LED monitors includes: EW2420 (24”); VW2420H (24”) and VW2220H (21.5”). With a wider viewing angle at 178º/178º, True 3,000:1

Update hey guys my bad, sorry i got the names mixed up

V and not VW series

Last edited:
Back