No One Lives Forever

Ricedaddy

[H]ard|Gawd
I used to adore this game, it was so much fun and had so much heart.

I was looking for games to play while my new video card ships out to me (currently using a 6800gt...bleh) and I stumbled across this.

Does anyone else remember playing this game? Also, anyone have any good modifications I should use to make it prettier?

Yes, still have this AWESOME game, didn't seem to play well on Vista and I've not tried it on 7. This is one of the all time great shooters IMHO. I would have to think at some point there would have to be a third installment as this is on just about everyone's wish list.

Last edited:
NOLF were imho the best games ever made, I'd easily pay $100 for a NOLF 3 if there were to make one and keep with the general theme and not consolize it.

Does anyone know if the NOLF games would run okay on W7 64?

Does anyone know if the NOLF games would run okay on W7 64?

I had issues installing the game at first, but it's apparently only because the installer is not able to work in a 64 bit environment.

All you have to do to make it work properly in Windows 7 64 bit is as follows:

1.Copy the contents from the "game" folder onto your hard drive. (I simply made a new folder in Documents named "NOLF"
2. Enter the "data" folder on the cd, then copy the "nolf.rez" from both cd1 and cd2 into the folder you copied onto your hard drive.
3. Place cd in drive, or mount your image and launch the NOLF.exe.

Done and done.

NOLF was one of my favorite games of all time. I should play that again sometime.

I had issues installing the game at first, but it's apparently only because the installer is not able to work in a 64 bit environment.

All you have to do to make it work properly in Windows 7 64 bit is as follows:

1.Copy the contents from the "game" folder onto your hard drive. (I simply made a new folder in Documents named "NOLF"
2. Enter the "data" folder on the cd, then copy the "nolf.rez" from both cd1 and cd2 into the folder you copied onto your hard drive.
3. Place cd in drive, or mount your image and launch the NOLF.exe.

Done and done.

Thanks! Just tried this and it works perfectly! One point of clarification, copy the CONTENTS of the "Game" folder to the HD folder that you create, not the "Game" folder itself. I got a "cannot copy file cshell.dll" error when I copied the "Game" folder instead of just its contents.

Never played the first one, but I really enjoyed the second one. I still have it, and its retail box. I just pulled it out tonight upon seeing this thread.

Ah, makes me wish I haven't sold my NOLF 1 & 2 copies along with my Contract J.A.C.K. as well. I now want to play them again. :(

I tend to play NOLF2 once every significant rig update. That and Darkforces... I rocked that thing out on my 133mhz gateway tower back in 93!

Bummer it's not on steam...I didn't play them but I have heard about them and sounds like they would be worth a playthrough.

NOLF 1 and 2 were an absolutely terrific games. That and it would be a sin not to do a sequel is all I wanted to add.

Yes, I wish they were on steam too. I would purchase them both again on steam just for the convenience.

I too miss Monolith...

Well with all of this commeration going on I couldn't resist.

NOLF%20CD%20Cases.jpg

Loved both games in the series, still own and play them. Some of the best random Guard discussions in a game ever, lol.

Love NOLF 1 and 2! I got the original NOLF so I never played the Game of the Year edition with the extra level. I was slightly disappointed that they change voices of the lead in NOLF 2. I never played Contract Jack, I heard it wasn't worthy of the NOLF name.

I wish a part 3 would be made, they probably mess it up and put it in the 70's or 80's. Well at least we got 2 good games.

I wish a part 3 would be made, they probably mess it up and put it in the 70's or 80's. Well at least we got 2 good games.

Actually that could work VERY well if done right. A more mature and but still smokin hot Cate could have a great story with the back drop of the previous games. Hell, I'd just love to see the games updated with modern tech.

NOLF 1 and 2 are most certainly in my top 10 game list. Great game, great storyline and voice acting. A third game with today's graphics would be fantastic.

I'm really surprised no one has come up with a sequel to these games,they certainly deserve one. They had the perfect blend of action and humor,and captured the spirit of the old series like The Avengers that I grew up watching.

Yeah, for those games and Shogo: MAD. That game is (no need for past tense here) awesome.

Shogo was awesome until you got out of your suit and had to fight.... some of the worst AI I have ever seen.

but the suit parts were really cool

Back