Samsung PX2370 Review

NCX

Supreme [H]ardness
Tried to do a more in depth review this time around

Using Eye One Display 2 I started the calibration process: My goal is to achieve the D6500K, 120cdm/2 brightness, Gama 2.2, and the lowest Delta E possible. My "Color Eyes Pro," trial expired so I currently have not way to measure the pinpoint Gamma and Contrast measurements, sense Eye One Match rounds up. (Any program suggestions for measuring these values more accurately would be nice)

Standard modes colors were very close to the ideal 6500K, but was still really bright

Here are a few pics of the Brightness and Color in the different modes:

Standard: 180cdm/2
px2370004.jpg

Game: 286cdm/2
px2370003.jpg

Cinema: 286.9 cdm/2 (I think this brightness might be wrong, can't remember)
px2370002.jpg

Dynamic: 286.9 cdm/2
No picture put the color was slightly off and I measured 6600k

Calibrated: 121cdm/2
px2370005.jpg

px2370007.jpg

Max Luminance: 287cdm/2
Min Luminance: 75cdm/2

@120cdm/2 black depth was 0.15
Delta E Average 1.40
Contrast Ratio 800:1

@100.56cdm/2 black depth was 0.12
Delta E Average 0.86
Contrast Ratio 838:1
D6570

Backlight Bleed Better than my previous Samsung 2233rz, but not as good as the Acer G245H, still I can't really complain
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/NCX123/PX2370/acerpxdark004.jpg

Response Time:
I ran some PixerPixan tests as well.....(pics don't really represent real world obserservations but you can clearly see "Normal," has the most trailing)

Normal
pxresponse002.jpg

Faster
pxresponse004.jpg

Fastest
pxresponse003.jpg

There was very noticeable overdrive trailing with the response time being set to "Normal," however it was significantly reduced set to "Faster," and "Fastest," though there is a slight difference between the last 2 modes. Not really sure which was better, though I did notice some streaking during Bad Company 2 (360) on the fastest mode and some very clear overdrive errors being set to "Normal."

Bad Company 2 performs identically to the F2380MX in terms of responsiveness when the PX2370 is set to "Faster," and the MX set to "Normal," except on the "White Pass," level where the MX had minor dark color streaking when the RECON soldier threw the motion sensor. Overdrive errors are far clearer on the PX2370 when set to anything but "Fastest," compared to the minor streaking on "White Pass."

I also played some Shadowrun PC which has amazing colors that really popped on my previous 2233rz, and watched the jet pack chase scene from Minority Report. There was no ghosting, and I found even without the 2233rz next to the PX2370 I could easily see that the PX2370 had an overall improvement in image quality. More pics coming soon

PX2370 vs F2380MX calibrated settings on the Xbox 360 with high exposure to represent a day time enviroment.

Ruse Trailer (MX white bezel offsets the picture, in reality it looks much better, also I suck at taking pics today, usually I take good pics)

PX2370
pxvsmx005.jpg

F2380MX
pxvsmx003.jpg

Constantine HD DVD via Xbox 360 to display black level difference. The PX2370 performs horrendously here. Black bars are grey, and really there is no comparison for movies considering that the Samsung F2380MX is 20$ less than the PX2370.

PX2370
pxvsmx009.jpg

pxvsmx013.jpg

F2380MX
pxvsmx019.jpg

pxvsmx024.jpg

Constantine in HELL with the lights out

PX2370
constantine2005.jpg

F2380MX
constnatine005.jpg

The PX2370 is quite pleasing with the lights out, blacklight bleed isn't that bad and the image really pops out, colors are very nicely saturated. I would really like to get my hands on the Acer H243H for a proper TN comparison. The black level is still disapointing, I don't think the PX2370 can reach 0.10cdm/2, rather it performs close to my old Samsung 2233rz which was 0.17cdm/2. It still pales completely next to the F2380MX.

Contantine DVD played back Via PC (DVI)

PX2370
constantinedvd003.jpg

Now here is an oddity, the black level is kind of ruined for movies when played back via the Xbox 360 HD DVD player. Black levels are much, much better on the PC, it is almost a night and day difference. The colors appear very deeply saturated and the black level is much improved.

Constantine DVD played back Via PS3 (HDMI)

No picture (I don't think one would be able to tell the difference except in the real world), fortuneately I can set the HDMI black level to Low on the PS3. Still the image quality in the Constantine scene is not as good as the PC playback , but still much better than when played back via the Xbox 360. You can't set the HDMI black level to Low during movies on the 360, which might be the cause of the image loss. I'm no expert, but the PX2370 clearly takes a hit in performance when connnected to consoles. I can't recommend it for movie watching on the 360. For PS3 I doubt many people will notice, but I noticed the second I put the movie in, and was rather surprised sense the F2380MX is not affected by this.

This discrepancy in Image Quality really got me curious so I tried 300 on Blu-Ray and HD DVD and DVD played back Via PC

300 on both HD DVD and Blu-Ray pale in comparison in terms of black level and over all detail compared to being played back on my PC
300 HD DVD- Poor black level just like with Constantine
300008.jpg

300 Blu-Ray-Identical to the 360
300008.jpg

300 Blu-Ray HDMI black level Low-better than the previous 2, but some image detail is still lost, and black depth is not as good
300009.jpg

300 DVD PC-Though being low resolution, the black level and image detail is totally preserved
300012.jpg

Hopefully my pics clearly represent the loss of detail when HDMI black level is set to LOW on the PS3, and that the PC play back retains all the detail and keeps the black level. I tried my best to make the pictures capture the difference, hopefully readers will notice.

PRAD.de has also encountered HDMI image loss when testing the Samsung 2494HM, they were able to properly capture the image quality loss here:
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2009/review-samsung-2494hm-part15.html

For PC playback the PX2370 is great. Black levels are relatively deep and the color is nicely saturated and accurate.

Conclusion:

I probably spent to much time nit picking the PS3/360/PC image quality differences. My main uses for the PX2370 will be for movies and Shadowrun PC.

Overall I would have to say that I really like the PX2370 for PC usage, other wise the image quality seems to take a hit. Response time is greatt set to fastest (according to digital versus it is the Fastest 60hz TN avaliable), though in my Bad Company 2 comparsion with the slower F2380MX, other than the motion sensor streaking on White Pass I was unable to see any improvement. Will try some more games later.

+Fantastic Movie play back via PC
+Deep blacks and vibrant color, like nothing I have ever seen on a TN panel via PC
+Extremely accurate color presets, no calibration necessary
+Dynamic Mode offers a nice vibrant Image
+Fastest 60hz TN avaliable
+Backlight is a big improvement over my 2233rz
+Sexy Design
+Connection Options and bonus features like Magic Angle (I couldn't care less)
+According to Cnet and Digital Versus this is the best 60hz TN panel you can buy (I can only say it is an improvement over the well reviewed 2233rz after calibration)
-Expensive (350$ CAN) compared to the Acer H243H (230$) which has better performance according to Digital Versus
-For movies and gaming the F2380MX is 20$ less and blows the PX2370 out of the water
-LED benifits?
-Image Quality takes a serious hit for Blu-Ray play back via the PS3 and HD DVD's on the 360

Overal the PX2370 is a very nice monitor, but for 350$ it is truly a waste when Acer, Asus and LG offer similar if not better performance (varies between reviewers) for nearly 100$ less. Also for 300$ I would say get the Dell U2311 if you want an almost equally fast response time, contrast performance and better viewing angles (beware of obvious tinting and they are back ordered). If you live in Canada get the Samsung F2380MX sense it is truly in a league of it's own and is 20$ less.

Samsung PX2370 gets an 8/10

Professional Reviews

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-px2370/4505-3174_7-34048108.html?tag=mncol;lst;1
http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-8191-36.html

PX2370 settings for 100cdm/2 brightness via DVI (set HDMI Black level to Low for consoles)

Brightness: 8
Contrast: 85
Sharpness: 48
Magic Bright: Custom
Magic Angle: Off
Response Time: Faster

Color Menu:

MagicColor: Off
Red: 48
Green: 37
Blue: 35
Color Tone: Custom
Color Effect: Off
Gama: Mode1

Final Thoughts:
I like the PX2370 for PC use, but after comparing it to the Acer G245H it is really a worthless and over priced panel. I see absolutely no reason to purchase it as there are a slew of good TN panels in the 190-250$ price range that all offer similar if not better performance. For console use the Samsung PX2370 is horrendous, I will never be hooking up via HDMI again. Asthetically it does look nice though.

Last edited:
Ok there is my review, please read it! I will add some more 360 gaming impressions later, other wise I am finished.

Feel free to nit pick/destroy my review and ask questions

Nice review, but in the Xbox 360 settings did you set the Black Level to Extended?

Standard is 16-235
Extended is 0-255

Extended of course

The Samsung T240 also had the same problem according to digital versus as I recall(unfortunately they have updated their review with a new model and the info is not there any more). The image quality took a hit when hooked up via DVI vs HDMI (I used to own one back in 08). I think in Prad's review of the Samsung 2494 they point out the image loss on one of the connection options as well, so it isn't uncommon.

In the PX2370's case when connected to both PS3/360 it took a noticeable hit. The standard definition DVD's played back via DVI had more detail.

I also am in the process of reviewing the Glossy Acer G245h BMID and put it through the same tests, it did not have any loss of detail, neither did my Samsung F2380MX. I'm glad I tested it, maybe its just my unit, if not hopefully people read this and think twice about a purchase as there are better options for 300$ (Dell U2311) or 330$ (Samsung F238MX).

I hooked up my PS3 to the PX2370 just to see how it looked and it wasn't to shabby, very bright,sharp, nice color, I normally have PS3 hooked up to a Kuro plasma so the weaker black levels of the LCD kinda stood out like a sore thumb, as well as the motion blur, I didn't expect to notice the blur as much a I did even with the response setting on Fastest. But again im probably just used to the Plasma.

I mainly played Joe Danger on the LCD which is a bright / colorful game and it looked great.

I'm on a phone right now, is that a free program Solstice? If so I will re measure the px2370 later for pinpoint values.

I also measured the calibrated delta e for comparison with the Acer (which has half the delta E of the PX2370), will post after work.

I realize that only the high exposure pics show how grey the blacks are on 360, but I was hoping you guys would see the clear loss of detail in the left cloudy mountains in the 300 pics. It is very noticeable, I even had some friends come over, and they noticed the lack of deatil via hdmi almost right away.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review.

To the OP would you pickup the Dell U2311H or the Samsung F2380MX? Mostly for movies and games (not FPS tho). I'm use to the wicked black levels on my 50" Kuro plasma so I'm leaning towards the Samsung but I hear the colour accuracy is out by default. How hard is it to calibrate?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Thanks for the review.

To the OP would you pickup the Dell U2311H or the Samsung F2380MX? Mostly for movies and games (not FPS tho). I'm use to the wicked black levels on my 50" Kuro plasma so I'm leaning towards the Samsung but I hear the colour accuracy is out by default. How hard is it to calibrate?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Where did you here the color accuracy is out by default?

Anyway the F2380MX has a black depth of 0.04cdm/2 vs the Dell's 0.14cdm/2 @120 brightness. If you are used to a Kuro then only the MX will do, color accuracy is great by default (Movie Preset) and it only took me about 6 minutes to calibrate compared to the usual 10-15 minutes with every other panel. The colors were hardly off, and correcting them was insultingly easy compared to most other monitors I have done.

I belive the calibrated Delta E average was 0.4 vs 1.4 on the PX2370.

Did you not read the reivew? These are way over priced and there are better options with similar performance that all cost less.

The Glossy Acer G245HBMID review is going up later today for example which is significantly better than the PX2370 and can be had for 190$ from NCIX right now.

Yes I did read it and it gives me an overall impression on what to expect for the smaller version. I plan on looking at the 22inch version which is ~$190, which is priced about the same as other 1080p 22inch monitors.

That's a good price for the Acer, but if I take a 24inch monitor; I want a higher resolution. My current monitor is 24inch 1920x1200 and I would not be able to fit 3 of them on my desk.

I picked one of these up at best buy about 9 days ago. My main complaint so far is that the top is darker than the bottom of the panel. About half the time I don't notice it but anytime there's a solid color background on anything it really stands out. I've heard that this is something that's normal with TN panels, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing if you're seeing this too with your PX2370 -- I'm trying to make a final decision on whether to keep it before the Best Buy 14 day return period ends.

A good example is the [H]ard|Forum index page:
http://hardforum.com/

From top to bottom, each forum cell gets progressively lighter, like a smooth gradient. If I lean the panel all the way forward, so it's pointing almost at my keyboard, I can hardly see it, but in a more normal position with the panel leaning slightly back, it's pretty obvious.

On webpages with a white background and black text, like Digg for example, the text at the top of the panel seems bolder, while further down, somewhat washed out. On Digg the blue headings are a dark blue at the top and a lighter blue at bottom, while the black text is black at top and grey at bottom.

Is this normal, or perhaps a defect in mine? Thanks.

I picked one of these up at best buy about 9 days ago. My main complaint so far is that the top is darker than the bottom of the panel. About half the time I don't notice it but anytime there's a solid color background on anything it really stands out. I've heard that this is something that's normal with TN panels, but I'd definitely be interested in hearing if you're seeing this too with your PX2370 -- I'm trying to make a final decision on whether to keep it before the Best Buy 14 day return period ends.

From top to bottom, each forum cell gets progressively lighter, like a smooth gradient. If I lean the panel all the way forward, so it's pointing almost at my keyboard, I can hardly see it, but in a more normal position with the panel leaning slightly back, it's pretty obvious.

On webpages with a white background and black text, like Digg for example, the text at the top of the panel seems bolder, while further down, somewhat washed out. On Digg the blue headings are a dark blue at the top and a lighter blue at bottom, while the black text is black at top and grey at bottom.

You are probably just noticing the brightness variations from the top to bottom of the screen. Are you using Dynamic Contrast mode? The brightness is 286cdm/2 (max) which might also make the problem more pronoucned.

Acer G245HBMID Review

Using Solstice's program recommendation I was able to measured the D6500K values and contrast, allowing me to finish my Acer review. Probably should have made another thread for this.......

Acer G245H Vs Samsung PX2370 Contrast/Delta E values

Samsung PX2370

Max Luminance: 287cdm/2
Min Luminance: 75cdm/2

@120cdm/2 black depth was 0.15
Delta E Average 1.40
Contrast Ratio 800:1

@100.56cdm/2 black depth was 0.12
Delta E Average 0.86
Contrast Ratio 838:1
D6570

Acer G245BMID

Max Luminance: 362cdm/2
Min Luminance: 73cdm/2

@120cdm/2 black depth was 0.13
Delta E 0.96
Contrast Ratio 923:1

@100.19cdm/2 black depth was 0.11
Delta E average 0.99
Contrast Ratio 911:1
D6487

Backlight Bleed at 100cd/m2: is minimal in a pitch black room and the screen is quite homogenus for a TN panel, very impressive!
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/NCX123/PX2370/acerpxdark003.jpg

Even though the Acer is stated to have a 5ms repsonse time (says 2 on Acer's site) in PixerpPixan and Prad.de's red block streaking test it performed identically to the PX2370.

I found the only way to determine that the PX2370 was faster than the G245H was with Digital Versu's ghosting test. With my face about 6 inches from the screen I could clearly see that the PX2370 was ever so slightly faster.

PX2370
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/NCX123/PX2370/pxresponse004.jpg

Acer
AcerG245BMID002.jpg

The Acer also does not suffer from any loss of detail when hooked up the the 360/PS3. The Acer also has a glossy screen which really makes the colors pop out when sitting next to the PX2370 and has slightly less backlight bleed.

Acer G245H Constantine HD DVD (daylight/low exposure)
constnatineacer003.jpg

Sorry for the reflections.

PX2370 DVI DVD playback for a fair comparison
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/NCX123/PX2370/constantinedvd003.jpg

Lights Out
constnatineacer006.jpg

The Acer G245h also is more accurate and brighter (302 vs 286) than the PX2370 in the "Movie," preset other wise I measured either D6600 or 6700K for the other presets.

Acer Movie
AcerG245BMID005.jpg

Samsung Cinema
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj118/NCX123/PX2370/px2370002.jpg

Conlcusion

Over all the Acer G245HBMID is a better monitor than the PX2370, not only is it nicer to look at (and comes with an HDMI cord) but it has a glossy screen for all the AG coating hater out there. On top of that it is around 190$ @ NCIX vs 310$ for the PX2370 (Canada 240 vs 350). It also matches the PX2370 step for step in terms of performance and comes out ahead (If I were reviewing for Cnet I would simply love it due to the max luminance, which is completely worthless) The Acer G245H is even easier to calibrate and has a slightly deeper black level.

+Acer G245H is gorgeous to look at
+Performance to match looks
+Black level @120 of 0.13 vs PX2370 0.15 vs 2233rz 0.17
+Glossy Screen
+Colors Pop slightly more so than the PX2370
+Extemely Accurate Color in the "Movie," Preset
+No need for calibration
+Extremely Responsive despite claiming an average response time of 5ms
+Connection options/ergonomics for a offensively low price
+Minimal backlight bleed
+Offensively cheap
+Equal performance across all connections
+Better stand that doesn't wobble nearly as much as the PX2370's
-Some people don't like glossy screens
-Claims to have a 5ms response time and sells itself short (is this a negative?)
-Should cost more (is this a negative?)
-Slightly more input lag than the PX2370 (this is entirely subjective as I have no way to measure)

Overall-10/10

I didn't play any console games on the Acer, I only ran the calibration programs and compared the 300/Constantine scenes across PC/360/PS3 platforms/DVI/HDMI and watched a scene from Minority Report, but I will play some games later and post impressions, I can also take comparion pics if people want them.

Settings will come later. I have done nothing but mess around with monitors this evening and am sick of doing so for now. Feel free to ask questions/destroy my reivew. I hope people read this and save them selves some money.....

Acer G245H Settings Calibrated and set to 100cdm/2 brightness for a deep black of 0.11cdm/2 and a contrast ratio of 911:1

Picture:
Brightness: 15
Contrast: 88

Color: Warm: User:

Red: 97
Green: 85
Blue: 80

Setting:
Wide Mode: Aspect
DDC/CI: OFF
ACM: OFF

Final Conclusion for Case #1337: Acer G245H vs Samsung PX2370

Got to play some GOW2 (6x EXP week) on the PX2370 and really noticed how responsive the screen was over the MX, where as Bad Company 2 seemed identical, however even playing Gears with the HDMI black level set to "Low," (crushes some detail but is still an improvement) I was seriously un-impressed.

However Gears of War 2 on the Acer G245H was downright impressive, the Glossy screen really makes the colors vibrant and the color temperature is closer to the D6500K standard making for a more natural image, not to mention the G245H is also very responsive. Shadowrun PC was extremely impressive, never have I seen the game look so good. Shadowrun is a very nicely contrasted and colorful game, playing it on the G245H was a totally new experience for me. Any game with a lot of high contrast and color will look gorgeous on the G245H. The Acer G245H really makes games feel far more immersive, it's almost like there is more detail thanks to the glossy screen. I absolutely love gaming on the G245H and will feel lost without it.

For PC use the PX2370 is close to the Acer, but thanks to the G245H's better contrast ratio it comes out the clear winner yet again, even in a dark room where the Glossy screen has no effect. In a bright room the G245H spanks the PX2370.

I really want to keep the Acer G245H, but I just had exchanged my Samsung 2323rz for the PX2370 last week (still on warranty) and have no use for 3 monitors. The Acer G245H and Samsung F2380MX would make for an insultingly amazing movie/gaming set up, but sadly for now I have to live with the PX2370.

One last update:

After playing GOW2 for about 3 hours on the G245H and switching to the PX2370, it looks like washed out garbage. Never again will I be hooking up my 360 to the PX2370.....

Last edited:
Yeah Walmart (245$) and NCIX (230$) have it, I am sure other retailers do as well. Such a great deal, I am very happy that I bought one to test it out. The glossy screen was haunting me for days. Now I have 3 monitors though.....

I did a google search and it shows only some "Olympic" edition , is that the same?

Edit: It seems like its exactly the same so nm.

Last edited:
Yup tis Olympic

Its not 190$ @NCIX any more, now it is 230$ vs 205$ in Canada

You are probably just noticing the brightness variations from the top to bottom of the screen. Are you using Dynamic Contrast mode? The brightness is 286cdm/2 (max) which might also make the problem more pronoucned.
Dynamic Contrast Mode = MagicLux? I need to take another look at the manual, but I'm pretty sure I have all the various special modes disabled, and everything else set to Normal / Custom. Since my post, I read some more descriptions of TN panel contrast variations from top to bottom, so it seems you're likely correct that that's what I'm seeing.

That Acer LCD you just reviewed does sound nice though. I passed over it when looking last week (it was at Costco) because of the 5ms latency, but if I do take back the PX2370 I'll go take a look at it (I prefer glossy panels anyway).

I need to hook my Xbox 360 up to the HDMI connection to take a look at the issues you mentioned. That may be another excuse to return this I guess.

Save yourself some money and get the Acer, don't let the response time fool you. On Acers site it says 2ms (the previous G24 was 2ms as well).

Dynamic Contrast is a Color present, not sure what magic luxury does (nor do I care). Let me know if console use has a negative effect on PQ.

Actually nothing to look at but a couple of 2380MX pictures.
Is black crush on the 2380MX still as bad as you show it on your pictures in comparison with the PX2370?

There is no black crush, use your eyes. Only the first F2380 had that problem. Judging by your consistent unwarranted trolling you clearly have some sort of childish vendetta agaisnt anything that isn't IPS. Go stare at an overpriced tinted screen and grey blacks or something.

Aren't there mods who can handle such blatant trolling?

It's not the brightness variations that you're seeing, it's the vertical viewing angles that are doing it and very often it isn't mentioned in reviews. Every TN looks like that.

Thanks for the info NCX I'm gonna pickup a Samsung f2380MX later this week.

Edit: NCX could you share your settings for f2380MX?

Last edited:
It's not the brightness variations that you're seeing, it's the vertical viewing angles that are doing it and very often it isn't mentioned in reviews. Every TN looks like that.
Thanks for the further confirmation. My PX2370 actually is replacing a CRT so I'm new to the realities TN & LCD technology -- my previous attempts at replacing the CRT over the last ~10 or so years with various Dell Ultrasharps were met with returns over ghosting, backlight bleeding, too-grainy texture (that made video look dirty), grey black-levels, etc -- so I've had trouble making the LCD transition :p.

This PX2370 is the first LCD I've tried that I can live with (no obvious backlight bleed, no obvious FPS / video ghosting, decent black level, no pixel issues, etc), and my one concern sounds like it's just the nature of the technology, so I can learn to ignore that. I still need to test out viewing content through the HDMI port though (I'll do it tonight).

Hopefully my pics clearly represent the loss of detail when HDMI black level is set to LOW on the PS3, and that the PC play back retains all the detail and keeps the black level. I tried my best to make the pictures capture the difference, hopefully readers will notice.

That's odd Im unable to choose the HDMI black level setting when playing Bluray on my PS3, The option is greyed out. It lets me choose it when playing games and the Low setting looks a lot better IMO.

It's interesting to note the black levels are actually pretty good during bluray playback.

hdmi_bluray_px2370.JPG

Last edited:
There is no black crush, use your eyes. Only the first F2380 had that problem. Judging by your consistent unwarranted trolling you clearly have some sort of childish vendetta agaisnt anything that isn't IPS. Go stare at an overpriced tinted screen and grey blacks or something.

Aren't there mods who can handle such blatant trolling?

I own several screens (TNs, PVA, IPS). Reviewed a bunch of them. I am flat to noobish remarks about that. You are not competent in this area. I have nothing personal against any of those technologies. What I do sometimes - I add correct info when some noobs post especially incompetent things.

Again, there are almost no facts in this "review". Your personal opinion is a thing to count. But that is an opinion. Not a review.
So... I've just noticed the difference on the picks you posted.

52608036.jpg

You seem to be the only owner of the 2380MX here. That's why I am asking you.
All PVAs have black crush. That's a part of technology. But black crush must be within "normal limit". The 2380 has it far over limit.
So the 2380MX (if black crush is improved) looks to be a cheaper alternative to 23" Eizo. And that is very interesting.

I own several screens (TNs, PVA, IPS). Reviewed a bunch of them. I am flat to noobish remarks about that. You are not competent in this area. I have nothing personal against any of those technologies. What I do sometimes - I add correct info when some noobs post especially incompetent things.

Again, there are almost no facts in this "review". Your personal opinion is a thing to count. But that is an opinion. Not a review.
So... I've just noticed the difference on the picks you posted.

52608036.jpg

You seem to be the only owner of the 2380MX here. That's why I am asking you.
All PVAs have black crush. That's a part of technology. But black crush must be within "normal limit". The 2380 has it far over limit.
So the 2380MX (if black crush is improved) looks to be a cheaper alternative to 23" Eizo. And that is very interesting.

Clearly you only read what you want, don't know why you even bother looking at these threads. You trolled the last F2380MX thread I made, and now you reveal that you clearly didn't read anything I posted then either.

I am done talking to you.

Thanks for the info NCX I'm gonna pickup a Samsung f2380MX later this week.

Edit: NCX could you share your settings for f2380MX?

Here are my old settings from the first thread I made, don't have the MX hooked up right now but I believe this is 100cdm/2 brightness. If you want it a little brighter 52 should be around 120cdm/2 and the black depth was still 0.04cdm/2.

MagicBright: Custom

Brightness: 41
Sharpness: 60 (comes set to 60)
Response Time: Normal

Color:
Red: 35
Green: 28
Blue: 34
Color Tone: Custom
Gamma: Mode1

Are there any differences between the Acer G245HBMID and the Acer H243H?

On Paper yes, and the G245H is qouted to be 5ms and has a glossy screen. I believe you were not satisfied with your H243H?

All I can say is that the G245H is better than the PX2370 according to my measurements and observations for all around use and the PX is the top rated 60hz TN right now.

If you have a very brightly lit room the Glossy screen will have a ton of reflections which may bother you.

That's odd Im unable to choose the HDMI black level setting when playing Bluray on my PS3, The option is greyed out. It lets me choose it when playing games and the Low setting looks a lot better IMO.

It's interesting to note the black levels are actually pretty good during bluray playback.

hdmi_bluray_px2370.JPG

Interesting, I can change the HDMI black level on the PS3, but like I said detail is crushed out for a better black depth compared to DVI played back (of a standard def DVD) which retains the black level and all the detail.

Your picture is outstanding, you should take some more.

nice review. im considering this monitor as an upgrade from a 19inch monitor.

Which monitor the Acer or Samsung?

Last edited:
Clearly you only read what you want, don't know why you even bother looking at these threads. You trolled the last F2380MX thread I made, and now you reveal that you clearly didn't read anything I posted then either.

I am done talking to you.

First, mind your tongue!
You lie about 2380MX thread.
No one even need to troll whatever you post.

You cannot comment your own pics?
LOL. No interest.
Learn about monitors.:)
Bye.

ASUS VW266H or the Samsung PX2370. I really want a monitor with a native 1920 x 1200 resolution so I think i'll go with ASUS. you got any suggestions?

Yes save some money and get the Acer G245H sense it is better and cheaper than the PX2370.

1920x1200 is a thing of the past and something that I find rather annoying. Some games/movies will have larger widescreen bands due to the monitor being 16:10, if you have backlight bleed (which plagues most monitors) it will always be noticeable.

I went from 16:10 to 16:9 and couldn't care less, sure I loose some screen realestate but Image Quality>Size.

First, mind your tongue!
You lie about 2380MX thread.
No one even need to troll whatever you post.

You cannot comment your own pics?
LOL. No interest.
Learn about monitors.:)
Bye.

Here I will humour you one last time

NCX said:
Now here is an oddity, the black level is kind of ruined for movies when played back via the Xbox 360 HD DVD player. Black levels are much, much better on the PC, it is almost a night and day difference. The colors appear very deeply saturated and the black level is much improved.

Yet you say

Actually nothing to look at but a couple of 2380MX pictures.
Is black crush on the 2380MX still as bad as you show it on your pictures in comparison with the PX2370?

Nothing to look at but a couple of 2380MX pictures? What? Black crush? Everything I post is opinion? You can't review something unless you have something to compare it to. I incldued the F2380MX in the PX review simply because of the loss of detail and greyish blacks the PX exhibits when hooked up to consoles...if I didn't compare it to another monitor then how would I know it was a problem?

It is very clear that you DIDN'T READ most of what I posted and are just trolling.

Any one else like to post their thoughts about this? I am all for a civil discusion....my soul purpose for coming to this site is to help fellow gamers/movie lovers who can't afford/don't want TV's find quality displays.

PX2370 settings for 100cdm/2 brightness via DVI (set HDMI Black level to Low for consoles)

Brightness: 8
Sharpness: 48
Magic Bright: Custom
Magic Angle: Off
Response Time: Faster

Color Menu:

Red: 48
Green: 37
Blue: 35
Color Tone: Cistom
Gama: Mode1

what about the Dell ST2410 i can get it for 214 with 3 day shipping with tax

Reviews are your friend. If you want to spend around the 200$ mark get a well reviewed monitor

Asus MS246H Review
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_ms246h.htm

190$ @ New Egg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236086

or LED MS238 Review
http://www.digitalversus.com/article-357-8312-150.html

Also 190$@ New Egg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236075

Back