Fixing a broken Samsung 305T+

Hello guys!

I'm looking into buying a broken 305T+ and would know if other people have had the same problem and know how to fix it. I know and have been taught the basics of electronics and such.

This is what I know about the problem:

There is no problem when the monitor is powered up without feeding it signal through the DVI port.

After you start feeding it signal through the DVI, the monitor starts flickering and outputting lines of different colors, sometimes more sometimes less (afaik it works perfectly sometimes but the flickering has gotten more frequent and worse over time)
img1981a.jpg

It has been tested with multiple pcs and gfx cards.

SO the problem is not the source nor the panel itself so it has got to be the DVI connector, right? Anyone here know a way to fix the monitor/connector. I take it would be too hard to go as far as changing the connector because there are so many pins/leads?

It's most likely the LCD logic board. A replacement board is hard to come by (ltm300m1c8lv3.2), but it is possible to fix it yourself if you know how.

It's most likely the LCD logic board. A replacement board is hard to come by (ltm300m1c8lv3.2), but it is possible to fix it yourself if you know how.

Ouch, 400 for the logic board, and $100-190 for the repair services. might be worth it however depending on what your paying for the broken monitor.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...nkw=ltm300m1c8lv3.2&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I have a broken HDTV and trying to decide to go with a new power supply or just trash it and get something else. The model of TV I have has a known issue and is what I am having with mine, so its an easier to decide on the fix.

Do some searches and see if others had the same issue and what they did to fix it, this may help you decide if its worth it to try and fix it or not.

Ouch, 400 for the logic board

Yeah, that seller is making a killing off of those cards - it's a complete rip off. I am surprised he managed to even sell them. Same guy is buying up all the broken ones and reselling them for much more. ( [some/all?] 305t have the same logic board as the Gateway XHD3000 monitor).

FYI - you can get a whole new 30" replacement LCD panel for less than the price of the logic board that that particular seller is asking for.

One thing I should also mention to the original poster is to verify that the model of the logic board is the same before going ahead with any of the repair possibilities.

My Power Supply Board is going for up to $180, Best Buy has it for $50 and the one at BB is also a New Board. Most of the ones on E-Bay are used and being sold As-Is.
(I have an Insignia brand TV which is a Best Buy brand)
Check with Gateway/Samsung and see if they have it for sale, that guy on E-bay has to be getting them from somewhere.

The first question would be how much are you paying for this broken Samsung 305T+? If it's the logic board that is the problem and costing around $400. You better off buying a 24" IPS display with that price.

Bake the logic board, and put a heatsink/fan on it afterwards to prevent future problems.

Or if you know anyone who lives in China get them to buy one off Taobao for around $50.

Back