Razer Mamba issue (Anyone else experienced this?)

nascasho

Gawd
I searched before posting, but couldn't find anything, unless I was using the wrong terms for the search to find good results...

I been having this issue with this mouse for a while now, but it didn't occur frequently enough for it to even both me. What would happen is that the mouse would randomly stop working while using it. It's happened in both wired and wireless modes. No pattern, happens about at LEAST once a week.

When this happens I still have full control of anything else connected via USB. I can unplug the mouse, replug it back in about 5 or more times before it'll start to work again. I can turn off, turn back on and nothing, putting the battery in and out seems to work often. It's getting so annoying that I have my Logitech G9 plugged in 24/7 just in case the Mamba decides to crap out on me in a middle of a game or something.

I dunno if it's anything firmware related though. I been running 1.06 (older) for a while because it's the firmware they introduced before they started to fix the jitter that was a famous issue at launch. When they added the Dynamic DPI scaling to fix it, it was annoying because the mouse wouldn't recognize my inputs when I moved the mouse about a mm or two. Then Razer Introduced a newer algorithm method and what it seemed to do was make the mouse move REALLY slow with minute movements. This uber pissed me off because I do photoshop work all the time and when I would move the mouse a little it would never get recognized. I am afraid to try the newer 1.13's because of that.

Does anyone else have similar issues to as me or does my mouse just have a mind of its own? Or do I need to install the evil newer firmwares? I really like this mouse but I am tempted to post up a trade for an Imperator since it's strictly a wired mouse.

If anyone can offer some help it would be greatly appreciated :( .

I did have it in wireless mode, but not wired which is what I'm at right now. I tried the 1.13, but something didn't take and the only thing the mouse would do is right click menu nothing else. So, I went back to the 1.07 and all is good. I agree the slow movement issue is annoying.

I did have it in wireless mode, but not wired which is what I'm at right now. I tried the 1.13, but something didn't take and the only thing the mouse would do is right click menu nothing else. So, I went back to the 1.07 and all is good. I agree the slow movement issue is annoying.

Oh I had that happen too, like the window it "last" worked on would be the only window that the left click would respond to? When it does that I can't even left click anything, not even the start menu or the task manager. Ending the running razer tasks do nothing either. That happens far less frequently though for me.

I had the same issue...even after rolling back firmware and fixing the issue I just despised the feel of the mamba so much I went back to my old Logitech G5 mouse (holding me over until I get a new logitech mouse)

After recently buying a Razer Mamba and Lycosa keyboard (the Lycosa broke after 3 days...the backspace key stopped working) I have sworn off Razer and will be sticking with Logitech from now on. For the hefty price tag Razer gear sports, it feels so janky and cheap it really was a disappointment.

I had the same issue...even after rolling back firmware and fixing the issue I just despised the feel of the mamba so much I went back to my old Logitech G5 mouse (holding me over until I get a new logitech mouse)

After recently buying a Razer Mamba and Lycosa keyboard (the Lycosa broke after 3 days...the backspace key stopped working) I have sworn off Razer and will be sticking with Logitech from now on. For the hefty price tag Razer gear sports, it feels so janky and cheap it really was a disappointment.

I had my Lycosa since near launch and the only big issue I've had with it was that the "-" key on the numpad always sticks, and I hate the touch panel thing, other than that I'm afraid to touch another keyboard because I been so used to this one.

Also, I have the Destructor mouse pad because I "heard" it was amazing, man do they wear out quick. It became grippy in the middle after 8 months, thought it was a fluke and got the Megasoma mouse pad and the way it's designed is that it has this little glow in the dark imprinted on it's surface, when you move the mouse across it, it get's all bumpy and messes with accuracy a bit. Makes me hate it sooooo much.

As for Logitech equipment I won't blame you there, I still have this 5yr old mouse my mom uses and that sucker still works. Neither company is perfect but you gotta expect some flaws somewhere. Like my biggest gripe with Logitech is that their driver software almost feels kinda "bloat-ware-ish". I like Razer's device interfaces because they're extremely low footprint.

Driver Version 1.07
Firmware Version 1.08

Haven't had any issues for months. I game and Photoshop with ease. Stick to these versions and you shouldn't have any issues, if so it could just be a bad mouse.

Driver Version 1.07
Firmware Version 1.08

Haven't had any issues for months. I game and Photoshop with ease. Stick to these versions and you shouldn't have any issues, if so it could just be a bad mouse.

Same driver/firmware, and same experience here.

I never updated to the newer drivers/firmware. Uninstall the software completely and reinstall with the driver/firmware versions above. I agree that this mouse has issues but I never met a product that worked perfectly for everyone. The issue here is that the OP never updated the drivers or firmware, still running 1.06 which is the shitty version. Update your mouse OP.

I never updated to the newer drivers/firmware. Uninstall the software completely and reinstall with the driver/firmware versions above. I agree that this mouse has issues but I never met a product that worked perfectly for everyone. The issue here is that the OP never updated the drivers or firmware, still running 1.06 which is the shitty version. Update your mouse OP.

I had the mouse since launch, I've updated from the original firmware, to a couple of them and then back. The main reason I stuck with 1.06 is because of the Dynamic DPI scaling the newer firmware have that I want to avoid.

Oh, and I have 1.07 drivers.

I guess if I snap eventually I'll probably swap firmwares again. I am sensitive to minute movements and the lack of sensitivity at those speeds make me go insane and make me want to nuke my mouse.

Btw, thanks for your responses.

Check this... Which USB ports you have your mouse plugged into? The front panel or rear motherboard panel?

Check this... Which USB ports you have your mouse plugged into? The front panel or rear motherboard panel?

Rear. And to kinda change things up a bit, it doesn't seem to be MB related since I been through the 757 and the 760 and it loved to act up on both boards.

Driver Version 1.07
Firmware Version 1.08

Same here. My Mamba works great. Only complaint is the plastic covering the charge lights fell off. =/

I had the mouse since launch, I've updated from the original firmware, to a couple of them and then back. The main reason I stuck with 1.06 is because of the Dynamic DPI scaling the newer firmware have that I want to avoid.

Oh, and I have 1.07 drivers.

I guess if I snap eventually I'll probably swap firmwares again. I am sensitive to minute movements and the lack of sensitivity at those speeds make me go insane and make me want to nuke my mouse.

Btw, thanks for your responses.

if you head over to razer blueprint forums, the razer guys make it a point to let everyone know that the firmware updates after 1.07 actually have removed dynamic dpi scaling.

Rear. And to kinda change things up a bit, it doesn't seem to be MB related since I been through the 757 and the 760 and it loved to act up on both boards.

I always have the mouse plugged into the rear of the case because of the powered USB ports. When I moved the mouse to the front panel, non-powered USB ports, the mouse started doing the things you described. Moved it back to the rear, no more issues. Your issues are definitely firmware related and need to update, then repost your results. Also, this mouse firmware has to be done perfectly. Follow each step carefully. Any error on your part will you mean you need to start over. It may say you updated the mouse when you really didn't.

if you head over to razer blueprint forums, the razer guys make it a point to let everyone know that the firmware updates after 1.07 actually have removed dynamic dpi scaling.

And replaced with some new algorithm thing, it's no where as bad as DPI scaling but it still has the same effect.

I always have the mouse plugged into the rear of the case because of the powered USB ports. When I moved the mouse to the front panel, non-powered USB ports, the mouse started doing the things you described. Moved it back to the rear, no more issues. Your issues are definitely firmware related and need to update, then repost your results. Also, this mouse firmware has to be done perfectly. Follow each step carefully. Any error on your part will you mean you need to start over. It may say you updated the mouse when you really didn't.

I've updated the mouse tons of times, even thought I bricked while moving from firmware to firmware a couple of times because the mouse became un responsive, though I've never experienced what you're describing as far as it updated but it didn't update.

Thanks for the link but in every case I've owned I clipped the USB headers off because I never use them. SO I think the issue is probably firmware.

Okay, I just grew some balls and installed 1.13.

If the problem persists I'll update.

Again, thanks for the responses.

1.13 supposedly fixes the bulk of the imperator's issues, debating if i'm going to give it a shot.....

1.13 supposedly fixes the bulk of the imperator's issues, debating if i'm going to give it a shot.....

Been using it for a bit, so far so good (knock on wood) and the little DPI scaling algorithm they implemented pisses me off still, but I found a little trick to keep it from doing it when i move the mouse too slow.

Been using it for a bit, so far so good (knock on wood) and the little DPI scaling algorithm they implemented pisses me off still, but I found a little trick to keep it from doing it when i move the mouse too slow.

you using the fw update on the imperator or the mamba?

has newer firmware improved the battery life of the mamba? I'm considering getting one because I'm sick of my mx revolution. I'm not trying to get a wireless mouse that I'll be forced to be used wire more often than wireless...

Update:

Been using the newer firmware since the last post I did (1.13) and it hasn't happened since. Been swapping between wired and wireless modes quite a bit and still works. Only thing I seriously can't get used to is the damn mouse's DPI scaling thingy, it's annoying.

I just tried to post it in their comments section for Firmware 1.13, I doubt they'll listen but it's better to do something about it than just sit here and live with it.

This is exactly why i have sworn off all use of Razer products. Good luck with a fix

I ditched my mamba today. Sick of bad battery life, though I wasn't aware of that powered port accessory. Also always have problems turning it back on after it is off.

I ditched my mamba today. Sick of bad battery life, though I wasn't aware of that powered port accessory. Also always have problems turning it back on after it is off.

Whaaat? You opened it, moved it around a bit and didn't read the feature set for it at least? :mad:

I might have looked into that self powered USB port thingy but I had already bought the SS Xai. BTW my mambas feet started to come off after two months and the battery lid began rubbing on the mouse pad (used a hair dryer to bend it back).

I might have looked into that self powered USB port thingy but I had already bought the SS Xai. BTW my mambas feet started to come off after two months and the battery lid began rubbing on the mouse pad (used a hair dryer to bend it back).

Wow, I've had mine since they launched around Feb/Mar of 09' and never had that issue. Maybe they lowered quality control or you probably got a bad batch.

Here's Razor's customer suppport.....feet began falling off, I fire off an email to them complaining. They send me a from letter stating I could buy new feet at their online store. I write back saying that I don't think I should be buying new feet after a couple of months. They send the same form letter in return. I write jibberish back and they send me the same form letter. I'll never buy another one of their products again. They are not the first company to do this.....but it is still stupid to reply to a customer for a second time with the same form letter reply.

Last edited:
Back