Consider the HP ZR30w over the Dell 3008WFP

Nickbaldwin86

2[H]4U
I have been reading reviews and checking specs and in a few cases the HP ZR30w takes the cake.

The price is a considerable factor as well, coming in @ almost $300 less @ retail pricing.

I just wanted everyones thoughts...

Thanks
Nick

PS: researching to buy a 30" in the next few weeks

I have the LP3065 and from the Anandtech review of the ZR30W there's no significant advantage over the old LP3065 which you can get less than 1K though it might be a refurb but since you're getting 3 yrs warranty from HP is really not that big of a deal and from my experience with their tech support I think it's HP is a lot better than Dell.

Thanks for the input... I have a contact at HP now, so I will be buying it retail

Same goes with Dell, I have a student account there.

So either monitor I buy I will be getting a good price on a retail monitor, but the HP is considerably cheaper.

I want to see the review between this and the 3008wfp. Well I guess Dell better hurry with a newer model?

I am just very curious about the AG coating on this vs the 3008wfp.

For non-gaming use I rather have the 3008WFP, it has more inputs and USB2.0 card readers on the side. Dell also offers pixel perfect exchange warranty.

For gaming. the HP Zr30w or the Dell 3007wfp-hc seem to be the best option. I too am in the market for a 30" for gaming

For gaming. the HP Zr30w or the Dell 3007wfp-hc seem to be the best option. I too am in the market for a 30" for gaming

I am really leaning toward the HP ZR30w.

I play games more then I care for a card reader (also don't want to pay $300 for a card reader when I can get a USB card reader for $5 :p )

Why don't you think the 3008 would be a good option for a gamer monitor?

I am really leaning toward the HP ZR30w.

I play games more then I care for a card reader (also don't want to pay $300 for a card reader when I can get a USB card reader for $5 :p )

Why don't you think the 3008 would be a good option for a gamer monitor?

Well the 3008 has some awesome inputs and such but it has some input lag which makes it less desireable for gamers whereas the LP3065, ZR30 and 3007 have no scaler and have very little input lag.

Well the 3008 has some awesome inputs and such but it has some input lag which makes it less desireable for gamers whereas the LP3065, ZR30 and 3007 have no scaler and have very little input lag.

Ah thanks for the info.

Tomorrow I hope to call HP

Hi,
I have the same problem... i dont know if should take ZR30W or 3008WFP.

I will use monitor mostly for games... so I see this:

HP:
+ inputlag, 1bilion colors, price
- low homogenity, no osd (i dont care), the same panel as in 3065

DELL:
+ osd, interpolation, gamut
- price, inputlag

- I really cant decide... but the Dell has worldwide warranty service... so if i buy it in Germany, i can use warranty i my country in Czech republic...nice

You will care about the OSD when all the colors in your games are oversaturated due to the games ignoring the software calibration.

You will care about the OSD when all the colors in your games are oversaturated due to the games ignoring the software calibration.
You will care more about getting pwned by noobs because you are 2 full frames behind everyone due to your griping over a little color saturation.. Go HP if you play first person shooters.

I bought the HP zr30W a few months back and completely forgot about this thread...

Anyways I have enjoyed it much more then my eyefinity setup and seems to have similar to no difference in feel to the 3007 I have played on here at work.

personally the HP is a better panel and much much cheaper...

I'm a gold cross in COD4, 7th prestige in WaW, 4th prestige in MW2. The only reason I'm not 10th prestige in the latter two is because I hate the games in comparison to MW. For awhile I was ranked in the top 1000 in kills for MW2.I've logged over 23 days in MW. I got up to rank 46 in Halo 3 in Lone Wolf. I've done some competitive gaming for Gamebattles for awhile. That's not including the dozens of FPSs I play every year.

Is the input lag detectable? Yes but it's very slight. Will it matter in almost any case? No.

I've been using the monitor for the past three months and network issues are always a more serious problem.

2 Jarmel - Yes, i know that the colors will be oversaturated as well with LG - but it is nothing terific...

- but I dont wanna make a flame which one is better for each person .. i need more fact to decide which one should take :-(

2 Pretzel - That is the problem, i really play a lot , including FPS .... but in one PC-forum in our republic - the admin told me do not take the HP - because the cons few rows up... and he must use warranty 5 times with this panel!!§ 2x with th 3065 and 3x with ZR30W... :-(

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the wider the gamut, the more the colors will be oversaturated so the ZR-30w will look worse than the LG or even previous HP monitors unless under very specific circumstances.

Back