Corsair 80 plus gold psu, 1200W!

Any questions you guys have, I'll answer here if I can.

MSRP?

Hoping no more than $180 for the AX750
No more than $250 for the AX850
No more than $380 for the AX1200

are all the cables in these three PSUs all black unlike the current HX series?

Yeah, you're probably a bit high.

Aw come on, it's not that high. probably what Seasonic would charge for an extrapolated X-series in larger sizes. :)

Having said that, if it's on par with the X, a price of around 150-160 bucks for the 750 would be a great deal.

So I've just read on JG.com.

I'll probably never ever consider an AX1200 in one of my builds, mainly because I'm not exactly fanboying up the GTX 480 right now ( :p ), but honestly the idea of a custom built unit sounds exciting.

1200 is a different manufacturer that we've never used before, but our PSU engineers and the manufacturer worked together to make it the best it can be. Should be some reviews soon.

* Does the Snoopy dance *

But damnit, I bought a HX750 before xmas. Now it might have to go because of the AX750. :p

ETA these are hitting the stores? I'm very interested in the AX1200 for my new build. I just need a PSU, RAM, and video card and I'm set to start building.

I'm driving my HX1000 to the limit... Will buy the AX1200. When can we expect to find them in stores?

Can't say I'm familiar with Flextronics, but I swear I've heard of them before...

A little search for their site and the career section shows that they are a multinational company with many branches everywhere including my country here.

Looking forward to reviews. Hopefully its as good if not better than previous corsair PSU. Own a HX1000 myself

Yeah, just saw this myself. I will probably get that 1200W one. I need a new PSU soon, and I love my Corsair 620. [H] needs to get ahold of 'em for a good review.

Can't say I'm familiar with Flextronics, but I swear I've heard of them before...

They make a lot of the first run boards for NVIDIA products, probably the most likely place you would have heard of them.

They have been shopping for over a year hard for SMPS clients. I guess Corsair bit.

Last edited:
According to wikipedia, they are also working on Zune and Xbox 360 for Microsoft and working on Digital picture kiosks for Kodak.

With a lot of personal experience with Kodak picture kiosks....I can say without a doubt they are utterly useless trash....but that is probably more due to Kodak's horribly coded software than the hardware inside. Oddly enough apparently they also make Legos....

Looks like Seaonic is releasing more gold models as well.
X-Series; Fanless 400 & 460 watts; for absolute silent performance
X-Series; 560, 660 & 760 watts; for perfect balance of power, performance and efficiency
X-Series; 850, 1000 & 1200 watts; for heavy duty work load and top end performance

http://www.seasonic.com/new/twevent20100525.htm

Anxiously awaiting these. With each system build, I actually look forward to doing homework on the PSU and these have caught my attention!

I see that AX850 is 20mm shorter than HX850 as well. And AX1200 is the same length as HX1000. Very nice!

Looks decent, not worth it over my current 850hx though. Did you finally get rid of those damn ferrite beads on the cords?

Awesome. The AX850 is gonna replace my HX850 and I'll throw that into my other pc.

Red,

Do you know the length of the AX1200? Is it gonna be the same as the current HX850 cause they both use 140mm fans? I'd bite on the 1200 but I need space to fit my radiator down there too!

101_5315copy.jpg

Last edited:
Man, the AX750 and AX850 make me regret buying my X750 hahaha. I guess the deciding factor will be whether or not they run as silently.

Man, the AX750 and AX850 make me regret buying my X750 hahaha. I guess the deciding factor will be whether or not they run as silently.

I wouldn't worry about it, the X750 should be extremely close if not exactly the same as the AX750, I'd assume. The only reason I want to upgrade is for the full modular cables.

Back