Triple Display Video Card

HAQattaq

Limp Gawd
What is the best but cheapest video card that allows three displays and only uses 1 slot? It would be used for business purposes and not gaming. I know about the newer Radeons but I'm not sure I would want to pay that much and have to buy a display port to DVI adapter. I know very little about what Matrox has to offer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think a lower-end card like a 5450 (~$50) might still be your best bet.

I agree that the Displayport to DVI adapters are a bit of a ripoff but there are displayport to VGA adapters that are much cheaper, and if you are talking about 1080P panels that should be fine.

Just be aware that some of the cheaper lower-end cards omit the displayport for cost reasons. Only adapters with a displayport will be capable of eyefinity.

If your motherboard has on-board video you can just get a cheap card to provide the additional two outputs.

If your motherboard has on-board video you can just get a cheap card to provide the additional two outputs.

Typically when you install a discrete vid card your onboard graphics is disabled.

I'll look into a 5450.

Typically when you install a discrete vid card your onboard graphics is disabled.

I'll look into a 5450.

I believe the HD5450 + DP-to-VGA adapter (~$30) will handle 3 monitors on a single video card.
(upto 1920x1200 resolution)

I'll look into a 5450.

Depends on the mobo, mine has 'Surround view' option which keeps the IGP enabled even when discrete is present (785GX chipset) to let you hook up an extra monitor.

A lot of the cheap 5450's don't have the DisplayPort output btw so be careful with that.

Back