U2211H for $223 and U2311H for $239...Free Shipping

Bowhuntr11

[H]F Junkie
Stolen from slickdeals;

Dell SB has Dell UltraSharp U2211H 21.5" 1080p IPS LCD monitor for $223 and Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23" 1080p IPS LCD monitor for $239 with free shipping.

Click here and sign up for Dell SB mailing list
Note, you will need to use an email you have not used with Dell before
Check your email for 20% off coupon
Add either of the monitors to cart
Apply the coupon​

Specs (identical other than diagonal size)
Resolution: 1920x1080
Panel Type: eIPS
Response time: 8ms
Viewing Angles: 178°/178°
Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
Adjustments: Tilt/Swivel/Height/Pivot

Inputs
1x DVI
1x DisplayPort
1x VGA
4x USB

i might have bit if i hadn't already got my 2 hp lp2465's and have a third on the way :)

Oh okay. I was wondering if I could get the coupon now and keep it until I had more money, but I guess I'll just wait until another time when they're on sale.

Had my buddy order the U2311H. Awesome price for e-ips. The only comperable model is the NEC ea231wmi which is around $300 typically. Lowest I've seen on the ea231wmi was $280 shipped about 2 months ago. So, I doubt you're going to see the U2311 much lower than $240. That's awesome. Too bad I got my 2209wa panels in January. :(

So I was about to pull the trigger, but massive tax hit. $65 for tax + $48 recycling fee. I wanted 3, comes out to $261/each. I wanted to be closer to $200.

I guess I'll just look for something from Amazon :(

True, tax and recycling fee always sucks, but you're still getting 3x 1080p IPS monitors for less than $800. I don't think you can actually find a better deal on Amazon (1920x1080 or greater resolution, height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustable stand, IPS panel, and close to $200).

Oh yea, anyone tried using the 5% bing cashbackwith this?

**Edit, if you get the 5% bing to work then each monitor will be ~$245, closer to $200 :D

1080p e-IPS for $200 is going to be 2+ years away.

History has shown that the best deals on LCDs is at the beginning of their lifecycle. I bet you won't see this panel for <$260 for quite some time.

Awesome. Just applied for the coupon and it doesn't expire until July 31, so I have time to save up and get myself a pair of 2311's. Thanks!

Psh I have had the westinghouse 37w3...but after I have had my current eyefinity setup I will never go back to a single screen, unless it is that surround monitor they have pics of lol

How important is it to have non-TN panels for the Eyefinity experience? I mean, how off-angle and off-center do you really have these panels that them being TN or not TN actually matters? Honest question, because I have one TN panel off to the side a bit right now and the color shift is not noticeable unless I really go out of my way to view it from a sharp angle.

How important is it to have non-TN panels for the Eyefinity experience? I mean, how off-angle and off-center do you really have these panels that them being TN or not TN actually matters? Honest question, because I have one TN panel off to the side a bit right now and the color shift is not noticeable unless I really go out of my way to view it from a sharp angle.

I'd say that the biggest advantage and my favorite reason for e-IPS is the versatility to use them in portrait mode in Eyefinity. There will be some games that just won't work well with the huge 48:9 FoV, and for those games, portrait mode is king. Also, general forum browsing and internet use is great in portrait. There are very few TN panels that will rotate and they will not look appealing in portrait.

Honestly I think it depends on whether you have used an IPS panel for an extended period of time. Before I got my 2005FPW I didn't really know anything about LCDs and I assumed a screen was a screen. After using this screen for several years I've come to a point where I need an IPS screen. All my displays have an IPS panel (including the U2311H that will be here on Wednesday :)).

If you don't think you need it then you probably don't. My work has terrible TN screens with a pink tint to them and glaringly obvious color shift and most people don't seem to notice or care, it's just a screen to them. So if you don't feel the need maybe you can get away with a TN. Just know that once you go IPS you can't go back to TN.

^^^ Ya, even Fenix's TV has an IPS panel (L37S1) :D, but mindless fanboy he is not ;)

True, tax and recycling fee always sucks, but you're still getting 3x 1080p IPS monitors for less than $800. I don't think you can actually find a better deal on Amazon (1920x1080 or greater resolution, height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustable stand, IPS panel, and close to $200).

Oh yea, anyone tried using the 5% bing cashbackwith this?

**Edit, if you get the 5% bing to work then each monitor will be ~$245, closer to $200 :D
This fellow in the display forum used Bing cashback for his purchase.

That's the thing, though. I use a 2407 as my main, so I know what non-TN is like. It's just slightly to my right, whereas the TN HP panel is mostly to my left, and I set it to RGB mode, and I see no color shift unless I'm looking for the shades of a solid color, which mostly shift from up to down. Good point about portrait, though.

How good are these for gaming? I'm mainly worried about ghosting and response time as I've read that IPS panels can lag behind.

I used a much older 20" Dell Ultrasharp for gaming. I never noticed any considerable lag per se.

I moved up to a 28" Hanns-G TN (I'm sure most call this a step back, but I wanted size more than anything).

I wouldn't hestitate to purchase these if you're in the market. Dell makes some incredible monitors, they really do. I know if I had an Eyefinity capable setup, or wanted to move to one, these would be a very stable pick for such a thing.

Especially at this price.

^^^ Ya, even Fenix's TV has an IPS panel (L37S1) :D, but mindless fanboy he is not ;)

This fellow in the display forum used Bing cashback for his purchase.

LOL always see you hangin around the display threads :). Yea I am definitely an IPS fanboy. Lovin the 37S1 but still haven't figured out how to turn down the reds... Oh well new panel is on the truck for delivery IPS x3 when I get home :D

Couldn't pass this one up. I bought my Dell 2001FP back in October of 2003. Hopefully this will last as long?!

Got mine yesterday. I only had a little time with it but generally like the screen although I am considering replacing it with the hp 24inch. Resaon being the 16:9 ratio of this screen.

Quality wise the screen is great. Its better than my 2005fpw in pretty much every way. Color and contrast is marginally better. Motion in games and video is way better. There is some of the tinting on the left side but my 2005fpw wasn't perfect either and id say this screens issues are fairly minor and I think most people wouldn't notice especially if they mostly game and consume media.

The added resolution is also nice but I find myself missing the 16:10 ratio of the 2005fpw. I have a 37inch ips tv that I can use for movies so the u2311h would be for browsing, web dev, programming, photoshop, and games. 16:10 lends itself to pc uses which is why I'm considering the hp screen. That said the u2311 does offer more horizontal real estate than my 2005fpw so its still better for productivity. Overall it would seem this screen is a better value than the 2005fpw when I bought it which to me is a big deal. Its better in every way really and I bought in at a lower price. I will probably buy an hp to compare and I will post my thoughts when it arrives.

Regards

Last edited:
How long did it take Dell to ship for you guys? I ordered by U2311H on Sunday morning and my order status is still 'In Production'...what are they producing, a box?

Ordered mine Thursday morning and it was delivered following Wednesday 2 days ahead of what Dell gave as a delivery estimate. Only took a day to ship I think.

just a quick note ... BCB is available for this as well. I just received my email from BCB, looks like 5%:

Dell.com Home, Home Office & Small Business Store
Unit price: $239.20
Quantity: 1

CashBack: $11.96

Back