Noiseblocker M12-S3HS fans not working as well as I thought

Galvin

2[H]4U
I got two of these fans. Currently using sflex 1200 RPM 49 CFM fans one for outtake and intake. How I tested the cooling of the new fans was watch my GTX 470 idle temps. At idle the GPU fan spins at 40% speed and never changes. This idle temp is around 52c.

When I put the noiseblockers in one for intake and outtake. The idle temps of my 470 went up to 60c. These noiseblockers are rated 73 CFM.

So I thought maybe the fan is not that good at moving air thru a dust filter. So on the intake I put the sflex back in. So now I have the noiseblocker on the outtake and sflex on the intake. Temps were still around 60c idle. So I put both sflex back in and temps are back down to 52c idle.

So how do noiseblockers that move 73cfm make gpu idle temps go up to 60c from around 52c. I could feel with my hand that the noiseblockers were blowing more air. Makes no sense, hopefully someone can explain it.

Last edited:
So how do noiseblockers that move 73cfm make gpu idle temps go up to 60c from around 52c. I could feel with my hand that the noiseblockers were blowing more air. Makes no sense, hopefully someone can explain it.

Lower static pressure and flat out lies for stats.

It's not so much lies as there is no standard method for measuring these things for fans, and the method used by manufacturer to take these readings are rarely, if ever, disclosed.

Back