Psyko vs Triton AX Pro?

I currently have 3 diffrent brands of 5.1 headphones including some Sony 5.1 IR, Logitech G35, Triton AX Pro. Out of these The Triton has the best surround audio feild and most control which I like. I do have an issue with the Mic however Triton is sending me the new 2010 model to replace it which has alot more improvements to ensure that the mic will not fail again. That said I recently saw an Ad for the Psyko 5.1 which boasts the best surround that you can get. They were issued in Pop-Sci which really interested me. Being that I do not have access to test them out I wanted to know if anyone has used them as well a triton set and if they could give me input on level, surround feild, and and soound reproduciton. If you have not used the triton can can at least compare them to the G35 that would be great seeing they are probably the best 2.0 with virutal 5.1 I have tried with great sound quality.

Tom's did an article on 5.1 headphones that includes both of those brands. They seemed to like the G35s quite well but some folks don't trust Tom's so take it FWIW I guess. Here is the article.

There will be a [H]ard review up eventually for the Psykos; I guess they are evaluating them now so you could wait for that. Don't know the ETA for it though.

Also, your choices for gaming don't have to be limited to "gamer" headsets. If you take a look around at the threads in here you'll see that there are other options for great gaming sound performance than gaming headsets.

Soon. We would rather be right than fast to publish.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set to add to my collection. should be here next week. I have read way to many reviews that were all very positive on the surround. The drawbacks are minor with lack of console support. Triton as well is goign to exchange my Ax Pro for the new imporved version that they just annonced at CES. So I will have to see what has changed besides the mic stuff.

I really hope that the Psyko's turn out as good as people are talking, now I just need to sell my other sets that are collecting dust :)

I'd be interested to hear your opinions once you've tried out the psykos; I'm always eager to have a direction to look in when my current set breaks.

I have the new version of the Trittons and commented on another thread about what else they've done to update the set but I'll sum it up again quickly here:

Mic is flexible and the mounting point is also pliable so it won't crack where it gets plugged in.

They added a disconnect above the inline control so it's less cumbersome if you want to unplug it.

It looks like they've replaced the plastic on the phones too since there is no creaking anymore.

They use one power brick with a Y adapter instead of two bricks.

They're pretty good but I have no idea how they stack up against the psykos or astro a40 except they cost less money and they take a different approach to create the sound field.

Back