4000 series BF:BC2 fix released

worth it for my mobility 4670? i dont see that long of a load time.

For the application profiles? They are on AMD's driver page with all drivers. Its called:
"ATI CrossFireX™ Application Profiles", but applies to single cards as well :

* Battlefield Bad Company 2 Fix - horizontal lines are no longer observed when running an ATI CrossFireX configuration
* Battlefield Bad Company 2 Fix - flickering and black square corruption is no longer observed when running on single card ATI Radeon products
* ATI Catalyst Control Center – forced on Anti-Aliasing is now supported in the following titles: Supreme Commander 2, Dirt2, Avatar and Battlefield Bad Company2 (single GPU configurations)
* Starcraft® 2: Wings of Liberty beta on ATI Radeon™ 5800 products running in an ATI CrossFireX configurations: moving units near the edge of a cliff no longer causes them to fall because the height field is corrupted

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Install Catalyst 10.4b preview drivers. Download application profiles and add those as per post Rage3d says afterwards. Then you are set for some BC2 gaming. :D

Sweet, I just saw this on the front page!

I can't wait to get home and install this for my 4850. Also, the patch is supposed to be out tonight - what a day for BFBC2!

For the application profiles? They are on AMD's driver page with all drivers. Its called:
"ATI CrossFireX™ Application Profiles", but applies to single cards as well :

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Install Catalyst 10.4b preview drivers. Download application profiles and add those as per post Rage3d says afterwards. Then you are set for some BC2 gaming. :D

Do I need the application profiles for my 4870x2?

I'm confused about the profiles, does it NEED to be installed on single non-crossfire cards? I'll be testing without profile and with profile with Dx9 when I get home but if someone knows, it could spare me 15 minutes. Thanks!

Edit: Also, I see the update on Steam as we speak. Nerf the M60!

I thought the profiles only need to be installed for current drivers, ie 10,4a contains all the profiles already in the 10.3 profles app. ?

so, install profiles or not? I installed both and the improvement is somewhat marginal

I uninstalled previous 10.4 as well as all profiles etc... Did a driver sweep, installed this new 10.4 and what a difference! I now load the maps in 4-5 seconds instead of 30!

Performance wise its about the same as the other 10.4, although it does feel smoother.

Then they released the BC2 patch yesterday which fixed a few of my biggest annoyances. Server Browser doesn't completely suck now. It saves your weapon selections when you quit out so you don't have to re-pick them every time. And they fixed the overkill from the noob tube and m60!

Ahhh yes a good day for BC2.

Yea wish ati was more clear in terms of the profile usage ;)

They have been quite clear and the [H] even had their entire review of it and how it works. You ALWAYS install the latest profiles package no matter what driver you're using as it is independent of driver version.

You also need to install the profiles whether you're Crossfired or not because the profiles aren't just for multi-GPU systems. The BFBC2 flickering fix in the current profiles version is a perfect example.

They have been quite clear and the [H] even had their entire review of it and how it works. You ALWAYS install the latest profiles package no matter what driver you're using as it is independent of driver version.

You also need to install the profiles whether you're Crossfired or not because the profiles aren't just for multi-GPU systems. The BFBC2 flickering fix in the current profiles version is a perfect example.

While they may have been "Clear" about that, there has already been several cases where the new drivers INCLUDED the profiles, and if you install the "old" profiles independently you lost the performance/fixes from the new drivers.

Nice- these really improved the BC2 load times for my 4850 crossfire setup. Thanks for still suporting the old 4XXX cards AMD.

I still flicker before and after installing the April 7 profile using these new 10.4 drivers. It only flickers when you're in the weapon selection screen. It seems a bit smoother but the maps definitely load faster. This is on a single overclocked 4850.

While they may have been "Clear" about that, there has already been several cases where the new drivers INCLUDED the profiles, and if you install the "old" profiles independently you lost the performance/fixes from the new drivers.

I asked Terry Makedon (CatalystMaker) a question on Twitter this morning about installing the Crossfire Application Profiles.

First response from Terry was: "Simple rule - always install the latest Catalyst driver package AND the latest Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP)"

Then I asked him: "So if using 10.4a hotfix drivers still install 10.3 CAP?"

His reply "Yup."

So there you have it. Always install the latest CAP from the website even if you use a hotfix/preview driver and every time you update/change drivers reinstall the CAP.

Thought i read about this somewhere,

# Are new profiles cumulative and inclusive (newer profiles contain all the fixes from prior profiles) or are older profile 'fixes' included with each driver new release?

Older versions of Application Profiles don't need to be installed, just those newer than the driver release - for example, if you install Cat 10.3, you don't need the 10.2 Profile Update. You only need updates that are newer than your drivers.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33961798

But maybe catmaker is more in the know.

Back