Hitler Parodies Booted Off YouTube

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks as though YouTube’s Content I.D. system is removing all the Hitler parody videos it finds, regardless whether or not they are legitimate.

According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), these videos are being removed because of YouTube's automated Content I.D. system, which allows copyright owners to disable any videos that contain its content--regardless of whether the videos may be legitimate because they contain other elements. Many of the parodies are still up, as YouTube's Content I.D. system is not perfect--but it's probably only a matter of time before the filtering system hunts them down and removes them.

I can't wait to see the Hitler video where he bemoans the removal. :p

Honestly most of those things are just retarded, but some of them are pretty decent. The Fermi one had me dying.

Watch it while you still can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If0Bkfnifi4

Last edited:
...real sad, that Constantine Films believe that these acts of creativity are taking anything away from their IP or hurting it in any way. Morons.

I can't wait to see the Hitler video where he bemoans the removal. :p

Honestly most of those things are just retarded, but some of them are pretty decent. The Fermi one had me dying.

Watch it while you still can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If0Bkfnifi4

Absolutely brilliant, haha. I remember that being posted in the 480 review thread too, but I didn't watch it til the end where the best line is:

At least I can make a Folding@Home farm in my basement, and try to cure cancer. And the screaming fans will make my fapping more silent.

Roflmao

I would think the parody helps in movie sales. A lot of people were wondering what that movie was from.

I would think the parody helps in movie sales. A lot of people were wondering what that movie was from.

True. I kind of want to watch the original. The movie looks fairly well acted from the brief 4 minutes I've seen of it.

20k9o3s.jpg

The video was funny. But it was the most funny the first time I saw it years ago ;)

Awesome find on the Little Hitler!!! I :D

Guess Fox news didn't want people slandering Hitlers likeness again....

+1 point to who gets teh reference

Wow, youtube is doing a really good job of getting rid of all the content that people want to watch.

This must be part of google's plan to make youtube profitable.

I made two of these videos. They were both initially blocked, then I filed an automated appeal and they were both made viewable. I'll have to see if they get re-blocked.

Darn it. I was tempted to watch this movie (the full thing) but after this debacle, forget it.

How would they be getting any revenue from a four minute clip in a 2004 movie? What's the market price of that for a $5 movie... $.30?

Can't we get Mark Cuban to restart Stage 6 or something?

Those video really made me laugh especially the one about the intel CPU's being fakes and how the dragon platform wasn't so bad.:D Parodies are not covered under copyright.

Parodies are protected by case precedent. That's how Weird Al Yankovich can do what he does. Now he (usually) always get permission from the artist. Stupid M&M wouldn't let him make a video parody. And just ask Jib Jab. Gene Autrey's estate went nuts when they made the parody of This Land Was Made for You and Me. Jib Jab said bite me and the estate dropped it.

The parody of the parodies being removed is awesome!

I wonder if they realized that they were going to be marketed for even more parodies now

also I doubt I will be buying this movie, I had actually been interested from the clips.

Those parodies are basically free adverts for that movie. I didn't even know about that movie until those things came along.

YT FTL x100. : mad:

They used to be great 'til Google farked things up. Dammit! :mad:

Hopefully some other company that isn't run by pussies (as Hitler eloquently stated in that video Kyle posted) will host them.

Exactly how do those parodies hurt the companies? Will they lose sales because people will just watch the parody instead of buying the movie?

Exactly how do those parodies hurt the companies? Will they lose sales because people will just watch the parody instead of buying the movie?

They would get more revenue streaming the movie for $1 or $2 than they would with the physical media. Heck, make up an "editing room" to have the joke captions put in for another $1.

But there once was a major backlash against VCRs that would destroy TV, against DVR, against Netflix/Blockbuster by mail, against digital conversion, etc. But I don't want three channels and only going to the theater.

The best Hitler parody I saw was the one from a few years ago when he thought the Patriots had a perfect season and went 19-0 after winning the SB. He was then informed the Giants won the SB and the Patriots only went 18-1. He got pissed and I was crying w/ laughter. :D

Disclaimer: I'm a NY Giants fan. :cool: :)

Back