New Case from Lian Li - the PC-9F

Wow, this case is awesome. The body of the B25F with a much more subdued, minimal face. Wonder when this is releasing.

What the hell! I've never seen this before either! That's 2 today from LL. That wasn't in the Lian Li 2010 catalog that I can remember. Very distinctive looking grill on the front. They are putting out some amazing cases this year.

Definitely enough cooling I'd say.

What the hell! I've never seen this before either! That's 2 today from LL. That wasn't in the Lian Li 2010 catalog that I can remember. Very distinctive looking grill on the front. They are putting out some amazing cases this year.

Definitely enough cooling I'd say.

There is another that I do not know about? Which one?

I was kind of wondering about the cooling for two GPUs considering the hard drive cage probably blocks a decent amount of airflow from the front.

There is another that I do not know about? Which one?

I was kind of wondering about the cooling for two GPUs considering the hard drive cage probably blocks a decent amount of airflow from the front.

Well, not really. The other is the red and black Lancool "Dragonload". lol

Gotcha...

Still, the 9F is a nice little case. Any guesses as to how much it'll cost?

It looks like there is no front air filter though.

I'd say right around 2 bills. About $50 cheaper than the Armorsuit.

I wish I hadn't seen this. I may now cease my pursuit of the Armorsuit and grab 2 of these.

This is probably my second favorite PC series Lian-Li now, after the A05B/N. My favorite Lian-Li of all time is still the V2000B Plus II, though.

Yeah, this pc-9F wasn't in the 2010 catalog, only the "regular" pc-9 is listed which is a very different case (hot swap, sideways hdd cooling airflow, 7 PCIe, fan controller, crappier air filters).

Feature-wise, the 9f case looks to be exactly the same as the yet-to-be-released LL pc-8fi, except it has slightly different dimensions. The only difference otherwise appears to be the front panel and its more subdued grille covering the intakes. I really like that both the 8fi and 9f have an optional slot up top for a blowhole.

I'd say right around 2 bills. About $50 cheaper than the Armorsuit.
I'd also guess the pc-9f will cost around US$200, but assuming you're talking about the pc-p50 (do buyers even consider the pc-p60/pc-p80 anymore?), that chassis is relatively cheap; usually ~$150-160-ish.

Last edited:
It looks like there is no front air filter though.

Look closely at the bottom of this picture. It looks like there might be one. Considering they put a filter on the bottom of the case, I would assume they put them in the front too. If it doesn't though, the front panel comes off so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to add one.

Look closely at the bottom of this picture. It looks like there might be one. Considering they put a filter on the bottom of the case, I would assume they put them in the front too. If it doesn't though, the front panel comes off so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to add one.

You're right! So unless those are rendered pictures...:).

Still not a huge fan of the grill, but it is a nice case. Put this design right into the B10 with a front door and I'd be all over it....the B10's front design involves too many screws to clean the filter.

All Lian Li cases that have the "F" designation include "real" air filters. Cases w/o the "F" sometimes have 5.25 bay cover air filters or some such, but lack the removable clip-on stuff found in the pc-a70f, b25f etc.

For whatever reason, this model designation doesn't seem to apply to the LanCool series.

I wonder if the Power and Reset buttons light up? Otherwise there would be no pwr or hdd indicators on the case that I can see.

I am personally waiting for the b25S. I wish they would get some pricing info out.

Another great looking face for a mid-tower from Lian Li. If I was going to be in the market for a mid-tower in the upcoming months I would be pounding my head against my desk trying to decide between this or the PC-8FI. Argh, they both look so good!

Another great looking face for a mid-tower from Lian Li. If I was going to be in the market for a mid-tower in the upcoming months I would be pounding my head against my desk trying to decide between this or the PC-8FI. Argh, they both look so good!

I know...they have so many nice cases this year.

I wish their was more space between the hard drive cage and the front 120mm fans, no way to mount an internal radiator. You would have to use a radbox on the back 120mm.

But then you'd have to pay tax. I guess it depends on how much shipping is, but still...

As far as expected availability, I am making some inquiries. If I hear anything I'll post.

Last edited:
I though the release date was today? the 20th

It was announced a few days ago (and by announced I mean it just showed up on their website). I made some inquiries, and a Lian Li representative informs me that the case will have general US availability by the end of June.

Last edited:
This is definently my next case. Too bad I love my v1200B too much

I just wish it would show up sooner. I was about to pull the trigger on the PC-60FN, and now I can't decide if I should wait or not. My current case rattles a bit too much and I'm itching to get a new case.

Wow, looks great. A refreshing change from the last series of cases LL released which largely threw away everything good about LL.

Wow, looks great. A refreshing change from the last series of cases LL released which largely threw away everything good about LL.

Agreed, these new cases get me just as excited as they did several years ago, around the PC-60/65 days.

I think April 20 was the release date for the PC-X900.

I got word from Lian Li that they are expecting the PC-9F to be available in the US market for about $130.

I wish their was more space between the hard drive cage and the front 120mm fans, no way to mount an internal radiator. You would have to use a radbox on the back 120mm.

The hard drive cage can be removed, and you can always use the 5.25" bays to hold drives.

I got word from Lian Li that they are expecting the PC-9F to be available in the US market for about $130.

Damn! That price is fantastic for the PC-9F!

I'm going to have to drop the price on the 2 PC-8s I've been trying to sell...before these come out. ;)

It was announced a few days ago (and by announced I mean it just showed up on their website). I made some inquiries, and a Lian Li representative informs me that the case will have general US availability by the end of June.

Did they mention anything about availability for other cases in their catalog, specifically the PC-7FNWX and PC-8FI?

Did they mention anything about availability for other cases in their catalog, specifically the PC-7FNWX and PC-8FI?

He told me that as far as he knows, all these cases will be available by the end of June if not sooner.

I also got a nice list of all the cases apparently coming out by then:
PC-X2000F, PC-8FI, PC-X900, PC-7FNX, PC-60FNX, PC-Q08, PC-Q06, PC-T1, PC-T7, PC-T60

As far as I know all of these are on the website, except for the PC-60FNX.

He told me that as far as he knows, all these cases will be available by the end of June if not sooner.

I also got a nice list of all the cases apparently coming out by then:
PC-X2000F, PC-8FI, PC-X900, PC-7FNX, PC-60FNX, PC-Q08, PC-Q06, PC-T1, PC-T7, PC-T60

As far as I know all of these are on the website, except for the PC-60FNX.

Any news on the prices of those?
Great price for the PC-9F, I was expecting 150+

Thanks for all the great info by the way.
I've been holding off on a case for the release of these.

I have not heard back from Lian Li yet on the other MSRPs, but I'm hoping to soon. Either that or they'll think I'm asking for too much information. EDIT: I've been had...they aren't coughing up all the details.

I'm going to guess that the retail channels will mark them up a little bit. Lian Li is recommending $130, but since this is pretty much a direct competitor to the PC-60FN we'll probably see more like $150. That's my assumption at least.

Last edited:
Hot hot hot! I might have to sell my Antec P180 mini for this :D My past 5+ cases have been Antec. How does Lian Li's build quality compare?

Hot hot hot! I might have to sell my Antec P180 mini for this :D My past 5+ cases have been Antec. How does Lian Li's build quality compare?

LL has outstanding build quality. This doesn't necessarily speak for the engineering that goes into the case nor the aesthetic design, but the quality of build and fit/finish is amazing. I've used several Antec and Silverstone cases as well, but for build quality... LL is untouchable.

Back