TigerDirect has the Galaxy GTX 480 for $520 - $64 Bing Cashback

IRSmurf

2[H]4U
Don't forget your cash back! You get 12.3% cashback at TigerDirect when you use bing.com!

Go to http://www.bing.com/
Click the Shopping link
Type TigerDirect and click search
Click the top link that says "12.3% Cashback on Computers & Electronics"
Once you arrive at TigerDirect, search GTX 480. The Galaxy is the only result, so it will come up immediately.

You get $63.96 back after up to 90 days!

$520, no tax, no shipping, and $64 cash back! Not a bad deal.

Now I need to sell my gtx 285's! :)

I hate that I didn't buy EVGA, but I couldn't find anyone with it in stock. If I must, I'll sell the Galaxy for a profit ;-) I'd only do it to get the new EVGA Precision... although Galaxy has a bare-bones tuner that does the same thing.

The only reason I bought Galaxy is their advertisement, here, on HardOCP. I'd never heard of them before the ads. After clicking the link to go to their website, I read about their single slot GTX 260. Sounds like they know how to build a card / heatsink!

/newpost

IN B4 TC

Last edited:
Not bad! I jumped on my XFXHD5870 XXX when it was 15% cashback, still got 22 more days to go before I see my $65 :)

Tigerdirect + high bing cashback + no tax = <33333

pay for it with Amex or any other credit card with offers additional warranty - Amex does 1 year so it makes it a 3 year warranty on this Galaxy videocard.

Isn't MSRP $499.99 :confused::confused:

You guys should be fighting the gouge, not standing by it.

Man, I have 2 in my cart and I'm struggling about whether to pull the trigger or not. Can't decide if they'll give a better overall experience than 5970+5870 trifire. I think the trifire is probably around 15% faster on average (taking my OC into account) based on my best guess from looking at a bunch of reviews. But the 480's may have higher minimum frames. They seem to spank 5870cf and 5970 in that regard, but I have no idea how they compare to 5870+5970. I'd probably get a bit more for my trifire setup than what these cards would cost so money isn't really an issue.

Actually, now that I think about it some more, if I'm right on the fence I think the fact that these are Galaxy cards is enough for me to shy away. You never know how Galaxy is randomly going to fuck up a card. Back when the 8800GT was hard to find, I ordered a Galaxy because it was the only one I could find at a decent price. I was surprised to find out that the fan was hardwired to ALWAYS run at 100%. No way to turn it down through drivers or even bios because the fan did not have the wiring that would allow it to be controlled at all. So anytime the computer was turned on, even if idling, it sounded like a leafblower. They saved a couple bucks but I'm never buying one of their POS cards again.

Last edited:
They have PNY 480s too now...

Update: OOS

Last edited:
Grrrr....Galaxy. I'm trying to get them to respond to support requests for a 3month old dead GTS250 now. ignoring emails and phone calls dont get picked up. havent tried in a couple of days cause I'm not missing alot without the card right now but still hella annoying.

Man, I have 2 in my cart and I'm struggling about whether to pull the trigger or not. Can't decide if they'll give a better overall experience than 5970+5870 trifire. I think the trifire is probably around 15% faster on average (taking my OC into account) based on my best guess from looking at a bunch of reviews. But the 480's may have higher minimum frames. They seem to spank 5870cf and 5970 in that regard, but I have no idea how they compare to 5870+5970. I'd probably get a bit more for my trifire setup than what these cards would cost so money isn't really an issue.

Actually, now that I think about it some more, if I'm right on the fence I think the fact that these are Galaxy cards is enough for me to shy away. You never know how Galaxy is randomly going to fuck up a card. Back when the 8800GT was hard to find, I ordered a Galaxy because it was the only one I could find at a decent price. I was surprised to find out that the fan was hardwired to ALWAYS run at 100%. No way to turn it down through drivers or even bios because the fan did not have the wiring that would allow it to be controlled at all. So anytime the computer was turned on, even if idling, it sounded like a leafblower. They saved a couple bucks but I'm never buying one of their POS cards again.

5970+5870 performance was altogether bad for me. Scaling on a single monitor was spotty (sometimes even worse than a single GPU) and Eyefinity tri-fire is completely broke. I have a strong impression from years of past experience with SLI/Crossfire with many GPU configurations, 480 SLI is probably the best all around performance winner right now. Also, as I'm sure you know, you're likely running into memory limits on some games with those 1GB buffers.

On a side note, I've owned a couple Galaxy cards (2x 7950, 2x 8800 GTX) and had nothing but good experiences.

thanks for the info maademperor.
We need a sticky link on the manufactures and outlets for all hardware so we can better keep track of who NOT to purchase from.

PNY is back in stock..(Lifetime warranty)

Ordered 2 - free shipping

This order qualifies for $127.92 in Cash Back

not that newegg is a good reference on user opinions on products, but the whole line of galaxy reviews are nothing but bad eggs for customer service. LOL im nervous myself on buying 2 of these pny cards though.... im at the order page.

I personally know the guys at Galaxy in NA. If you have issues, you need to email me with the problem and previous emails that show you are having issues with contact. I can help solve your issues.

Grrrr....Galaxy. I'm trying to get them to respond to support requests for a 3month old dead GTS250 now. ignoring emails and phone calls dont get picked up. havent tried in a couple of days cause I'm not missing alot without the card right now but still hella annoying.

Please email me and I will get this taken care of immediately. If you have the original email chain and tech you spoke with I will make sure I address with them personally. :eek:

Kyle, I have a problem with a Galaxy video card, can you shoot somebody for me? lol

jk

I thought about it a bit...and ordered 2. Paying $453 with no tax/shipping for a gtx 480 is a pretty sweet deal. Having a direct link to them on the forums and Kyle vouching for them is definitely reassuring.

Edit: By the way, thanks for the heads up on the deal :)

Last edited:
Having a solid reputation as a great company is our goal, that and not getting to know Kyle's arsenal personally.

Shane or myself can help get things escalated if you need help. PM one of us and we'll get things moving.

Dean
Galaxy

Are you still going to be around 1.5 years from now though? HardOCP sponsors come and go. Also, can you say if these GTX 480 cards have deviated from the reference design in any way? The 8800GT was quite the debacle judging by my own experience and the comments on ncix.

is it really in stock or just another glitch?

I am afraid that if I order and not shipping at all until days later..

Having a solid reputation as a great company is our goal, that and not getting to know Kyle's arsenal personally.

Shane or myself can help get things escalated if you need help. PM one of us and we'll get things moving.

Dean
Galaxy

Thanks for the offer, PM sent, I'll appreciate any assistance! :D

Are you still going to be around 1.5 years from now though? HardOCP sponsors come and go. Also, can you say if these GTX 480 cards have deviated from the reference design in any way? The 8800GT was quite the debacle judging by my own experience and the comments on ncix.

I doubt they had even a chance to make non-reference cards yet lol :D

Ok Kyle, with your words I'll now buy Galaxy with confidence! In for 2!

EDIT: On second thought... "Limited warranty 24 months for parts and 24 months for labor. " hmmm... maybe wait for EVGA =(

Last edited:
Might have great support, but only a two-year warranty.

As a fellow shooter I two almost pulled the trigger on this card. I may still. Not a bad deal for new tech. Especially for two without the tax.

Edit: Two down the barrel after all. Now let's see how fast they travel.

Last edited:
Wow wasnt it $520 just hours ago? Now it is $530....F'em! I aint buying from crooks.... :(

PS yes I still had it on my cart showing $519 and now updates to $529

These are NVTTM (reference) cards, as are all of the cards right now are built by Nvidia. We will build our own cards in our factory in the future but it will be under a different UPC and part number.

As for being around in 1.5 years. I have been in the industry for 20 years now dating back to the STB mach 256k. I am hoping to make another 20 years but I like to live life to the fullest so who knows.

Last edited:
Wow wasnt it $520 just hours ago? Now it is $530....F'em! I aint buying from crooks.... :(

PS yes I still had it on my cart showing $519 and now updates to $529

Crooks? How about supply and demand? You had the chance to buy it at $520, you did not, price went up, now you are pissed? Maybe you would be better off buying your cards in a communist country. :0

Ok, I just ordered two for delivery tomorrow, I have never tried Galaxy or Tiger Direct, but if these orders are "AR-15" guaranteed I am on board. Thanks all!

Mike

$10 is a small price bump. Look at waht everyone was charging on the x-25m G2, now THAT was gouging.

Ok Kyle, with your words I'll now buy Galaxy with confidence! In for 2!

EDIT: On second thought... "Limited warranty 24 months for parts and 24 months for labor. " hmmm... maybe wait for EVGA =(

Are you really going to keep the cards that long? I never keep my cards more than a year or so because I like to sell them before the next thing comes out and get some of my money back. Can you imagine selling gtx 285s right now? probably just get $200 each. The only advantage of evga for me is usually the 90 day step up, but we know for sure that nVidia isn't coming out with anything in the next 90 days (at least real hardware you can buy).

well, those who get caught up in the hype won't be buying used old stuff, they'll be buying the latest and the greatest :D

just wondering, how many GTX 480 does tigerdirect have? feels like they somehow have way more than Newegg.....

Tigerdirect is showing EVGA in stock, for $550 (with $67.65). Gonna go fast, grab'em while you can!

Back