Hexus 480 review is up?

Putz

I have a custom title
Last edited:
It's slow because you keep clicking it!!!

"Down for essential maintenance"

The site is currently down for essential maintenance

LOL either nvidia seen it and pulled hte plug or it wasnt supposed to go live lmao

only got 5 or 6 pages in

The site is currently down for essential maintenance

LOL either nvidia seen it and pulled hte plug or it wasnt supposed to go live lmao

only got 5 or 6 pages in

Wow not looking good for 480gtx which is sad, becuase that means 5890 wont go down in price any time soon.

from what i got on the first few pages heat was a big issue

I ripped a few pics before it got taken down:

So much for the 480 being slow, overpriced, unmanufacturable, and a massive fail! :p

EDIT: pics incoming

eh from the slides Ive seen you've just cherry picked the good ones

we know you have your on preorder :p

eh from the slides Ive seen you've just cherry picked the good ones

we know you have your on preorder :p

It's hard to cherry pick when you can't be on the site for more than a minute before it goes down... here's your complimentary tin-foil hat though.

Wow not looking good for 480gtx which is sad, becuase that means 5890 wont go down in price any time soon.

It would have to release before it could lower in price.

Man if those performance numbers are right looks like the 5-10% predictions were spot on.

93C at load, that's pretty warm.

Here's a few grabbed from Hexus before it went down:

EDIT:

ALready posted above. I'm Slo-o-o-o-w :)

Congrats on achieving 6 month old performance!

ATI is going to destroy when they refresh in a few months

lol pm me your email address i dont have any other way to post at work

Congrats on achieving 6 month old performance!

ATI is going to destroy when they refresh in a few months

First it was... "Fermi isn't going to even match the 5870! They suck! It's so late who cares?!"

Now it's... "WELL WELL just um just uhhhh wait for the new one, wait for it....!"

LOL.

Hmmm. That isn't so big difference to me. And lol @ power consumption. o_O

35-50% or so isn't a big difference? Wow.

lol pm me your email address i dont have any other way to post at work

well i was just looking for some basic numbers, like FPS in DX10 or 11 games or soemthing compared to 5870/470/5850

but yeah, cant check email either :/

either that or i wait till hexus is back up or i go home in 4 hours

Well it seems like the preliminary benches for FC2 and Dirt 2 were a bit cherry picked after all. I was going to make a point about why there seems to be such variance between games, but I guess it could be a driver or architectural issue.

hope they do a better job trying to sell tessellation as the be-all and end all of gaming like they tried with Physx, if those slides are accurate its not all that promising

I had to do a triple-take on those load power consumption numbers. 475w for GTX 480 vs. 459w for 5970 (full system draw). Holy mother of God on a single GPU.

Back