Elder Scrolls V Screenshot

A

akotlar

I don't know how legit this is:

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-44801/8
elderscrollsvshadowsofsfx1.jpg

Obviously it is likely this is bs, but I thought it'd make a fun discussion :) What do you think V will look like?

That picture is awesome. I'll be upgrading my system to run it lol, imagine it with Nvidia's 3d vision, or Ati's eyefinity...HAWT!

I think I might have seen that wallpaper from interfacelift or deviant art...:p

Thats how crysis 2 should have looked but nope, all the bitching from most of you lot gave us a console port.

I'd almost be willing to pay $200 for a video game that has those graphics in Elder Scrolls V

I have a hard time believing that's for real, but if it was..... that's silly amazing.

Their forum has been closed to "move stuff around." Hopefully they are preparing for new news and another subforum.

If this is an MMO like I'd read a few weeks ago I have no interest in it.

I don't mind them making an MMO out of this property for those that want it but please don't do that at the cost of a full fledged ESV, please?

That does look damned nice. :)

I want an Elder Scrolls game, but a CO-OP Elder Scrolls, NOT a MMO

now THAT would be amazing

and the graphics, hell yeah, only thing i want them to do is do away with how flat the characters look when they are talking to you

I don't care if it looks like that...if it's as boring as Oblivion was, I have no interest whatsoever in it.

Remember when the pre-release photos for Crysis actually looked significantly better than even that shot? A lot can happen between a supposed screenshot and a final game.
There was a pretty long gap between TES games. I have to wonder when a new one would even really come out.

With the success of Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and so on, I highly doubt TSE 5 is going to be PC exclusive, and to achieve something like that, its going to have to be a PC exclusive game engine, IMO

Looks fake to me

and the graphics, hell yeah, only thing i want them to do is do away with how flat the characters look when they are talking to you

The photo is probably fake but it looks nice.

Co-op would take this series to the next level all the way. I wish co-op were in more games, period.

With the success of Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and so on, I highly doubt TSE 5 is going to be PC exclusive, and to achieve something like that, its going to have to be a PC exclusive game engine, IMO

Looks fake to me
Well Elder scrolls 3 / 4 weren't PC exclusives either.

As far as Co-op... I'm not sure how to feel about that. Games that are centered around your own character don't fare too well in co-op (Fable 2... but then again Fable 2 just sucked in general). Personally I think single player games are far more immersive... and not to mention the extent of modding you can do that would potentially break co-op.

IT HAS BEGUN! :D

(dances around room).

If you think back , Oblivion was groundbreaking in the graphics department as was Morrowind. Theres no reason V couldn't or wont look like something similar to this. Very nice picture.

I don't care if it looks like that...if it's as boring as Oblivion was, I have no interest whatsoever in it.

I'm thinking they need to worry less about how the game looks and more about making a decent game that can be played without having to mod it first.

I realize the photo is likely fake, but still, to have Elder Scrolls V look like that would be amazing...

I realize the photo is likely fake, but still, to have Elder Scrolls V look like that would be amazing...

Prepare to be disappointed! no doubt Bethesda will use the gamebryo engine,the same shitty engine they have been using for years.

That is so obviously fake it couldn't be more fake than it already is because it's fake.

We won't see graphics like that even in 10 years time.

Sure hope they hire someone else to do animations. Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3's suuuuuuccked.

That is so obviously fake it couldn't be more fake than it already is because it's fake.

you obviously haven't seen the crysis 2 screens from that magazine!!!!11!

:p:p

And yea, the dialogue scenes in those games is so awkward. I wish they looked more like ME2. I will forever be creeped out at Captain Picard talking to me while I escaped jail.

I absolutely guarantee we will. Look at what we were playing 10 years ago (Unreal Tournament, Q3A) and compare that to Crysis.
It might not be run of the mill, but I'd say that the industry has failed us if at least a few games don't look like that in 10 years.

Domingo, I hear where you're coming from

but don't you find all the console centric titles that later get ported to PC, or games being more geared towards consoles but also featuring a PC release as well, don't you find the growing portion of games designed like that to be disturbing?

I absolutely guarantee we will. Look at what we were playing 10 years ago (Unreal Tournament, Q3A) and compare that to Crysis.
It might not be run of the mill, but I'd say that the industry has failed us if at least a few games don't look like that in 10 years.

We might see textures that good but I don't think we'll see the sheer amount of detail real life pics have to offer (such as the OP's). I would absolutely not mind being wrong, but I just don't see it. Especially with consoles gimping progress.

I'm a console player along with being a PC gamer, so I really don't. If anything, I think the jump in console graphics from 2000 to today is an even bigger jump.
In 10 years, we'll have new consoles on the market that can do things like that.
While that picture looks good - it still doesn't look as good as the early Crysis photos.
I'd be shocked if we didn't have image quality like that by 2020.
According to Blade Runner we'll have robots that are indistinguishable from humans and spaceships by then ;)

Looks fake to me

I think this screen is fake but regardless, when TES V comes out I have a feeling we will already be on to the next generation of consoles. Even still, it is unlikely the graphics will come close to that pic though.

Yes, Co-op please. Would make the game much better imo.

There's no way this 'screenshot' is for real, but one can hope. :D

Prepare to be disappointed! no doubt Bethesda will use the gamebryo engine,the same shitty engine they have been using for years.

No there creating a new engine for ES5. Why do you think they handed Fallout New Vegas to Obsidian , there working on a new Elderscrolls game. I don't see any reason why they would not make a new engine for the game, they would be stupid not to.

No there creating a new engine for ES5. Why do you think they handed Fallout New Vegas to Obsidian , there working on a new Elderscrolls game. I don't see any reason why they would not make a new engine for the game, they would be stupid not to.
I'm with you, it'll have a new or heavily updated to the point it seems like a new engine. Each new Elderscrolls has. Fallout 3 I think is the outlying exception where they re-used.

Back