How to fix Razer Copperhead mouse click issue

Hey guys...I opened up my razer copperhead to fix a couple issues with the button getting harder and harder to click and sometimes doubleclicking when I single clicked. Then I found a guide here. Pictures and all...It was perfect.

In a nutshell the problem that most often happens with copperhead is that it gets near impossible to click or clicks erroneously when you depress the left click button. It turns out it's just a little mechanical wear and tear.

The mouse buttons have extruded posts that press on dip-switches, specifically buttons on the dipswitches. Both the post from the mouse button, and the button from the dipswitch are long thin constructs and they meet in a cross formation, with the center of the mouse-button-post hitting the center of the dipswitch-button. The problem is that over time the dipswitch-button bores a rut into the mouse-button-post so that the mouse-button-post can no longer actually press the dipswitch-button.

Obviously this is a gradual thing so it wont happen all at once but the mouse-button press will get less dependable over time.

I fixed this by putting a tiny sheet of metal over the dipswitch-button, then electrical taping around the dipswitch housing. Then...to make sure the electrical tape didn't come off I zip-tied around the housing to ensure the electrical tape didn't peel up on the edges.

Works perfectly now. The metal sheet prevents the dipswitch-button from wearing a rut into the mouse-button-post, and the mouse-button-post now contacts the sheet of metal with the full surface instead of in the middle on the dipswitch-button.

Just thought I'd give hope to those with mice buttons that are wearing out.

Hey guys...I opened up my razer copperhead to fix a couple issues with the button getting harder and harder to click and sometimes doubleclicking when I single clicked.

<...fix...>

Just thought I'd give hope to those with mice buttons that are wearing out.

I though I would point out that this works for the Deathadder too, which may develop the same issue after a number of years. Razerblueprints has a DA disassembly guide up as well.

I've also heard that working some electronics-cleaner into the mechanical button switch on the pcb can fix double clicking issues where the physical press is not the problem, but i've neither tried it myself nor seen a guide for it. If anyone has tried that and had success on ANY mouse (double clicking has been a common mouse issue since the MS IME!) I would love to hear about it.

Had a similar issue...searched and found this thread - thanks !

Took the Copperhead apart and didnt fancy the solution offered as I have, shall we say, fat fingers. The alternative ? I just filed the posts on the mouse button flat again and its working as normal. Obviuosly wont "fix" the problem but there's probably a few more filings possible before it becomes unusable.

Found this thread searching google for "Razer Copperhead not clicking" :D

Great info, I took the mouse apart as per the instructions first post. I just took the lazy way and stuck a dab of crazy glue on each end of the posts (just need to fill those wear gaps). Let the glue dry. Put the mouse back together and works great.

Back